[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this comic just fucking with me? Because if it's not,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 215509088_i9tZJ-L-2.jpg (144 KB, 778x403) Image search: [Google]
215509088_i9tZJ-L-2.jpg
144 KB, 778x403
Is this comic just fucking with me? Because if it's not, I'm picking this game up right now
>>
It is something you do, yes. Also there's a scene where a muscular blond vampire wrestler is assfucked by his mentor on top of a 100-stage wrestling ring.
>>
Have fun, it's actually great.

>>330707278
Was it at the end of his quest? I don't remember that but I didn't complete that part.
>>
>>330707565

Yes, it's how you get the Great Question transformation.
>>
>>330706375
>I'm picking this game up right now
Please tell me you mean downloading
>>
>>330707924
Why shouldn't the developers get money? Gamestop is right around the corner, they might even have a used one
>>
File: 23tf341.jpg (26 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
23tf341.jpg
26 KB, 500x356
>>330708025
>developers get money
>Gamestop

Unless you're buying it new that's no different that pirating.
>>
>>330708163
Yes it is. Someone bought this copy and the developers got the money, then when they were finished they gave it away. This isn't like he uploaded the .iso or whatever to the internet and let 500 people copy it, this is his one copy he gave up so now he doesn't have it anymore.
>>
>>330708393
Yes, but the used purchaser isn't netting the devs any money, only gamestop, and that is what I am comparing to piracy.
>>
>>330708025
>Why shouldn't the developers get money? Gamestop is right around the corner, they might even have a used one
Please tell me you're joking. PS2 games aren't sold new in 2016, and even if they are technically new, no one but Gamestop is getting any money from the sale of that copy.

The only way the developers would get any money from such an old game is if it was available digitally somewhere like the PS store. And you'd still be downloading it.
>>
>>330708163
This was just as much bullshit today as it was when you posted it yesterday and got completely BTFO in a single post.
>>
>>330709008
not him but no one benefits from used games sales except the vendor, whether it's gamestop or some other place

is it "better" than piracy? well that depends on what you're looking at. it's legal, for starters. but neither of them see any profit towards the developer

of course the copy had to at one point be purchased, but you could say the same for the pirated copy. someone has to buy the game and then distribute it to the internet. if someone buys the game and then it changes hands as a used game 5000 times, how does that compare to someone uploading a game and it getting downloaded 5000 times? it's the same thing, only gamestop makes a lot of money off of the repeated sale of it
>>
>>330709885
How much further do you want to move the goalposts from your original "used game sales = piracy" argument?
>>
File: metal gear blanca.jpg (20 KB, 569x436) Image search: [Google]
metal gear blanca.jpg
20 KB, 569x436
Shadow Hearts Covenant is a wild ride.
>>
>>330709979
not my argument

mine is that he has a point depending on how you're looking at it
>>
>>330710528
Yes, it is your argument, NoNewIP-kun. It just isn't a very good one.
>>
>>330710583
>NoNewIP-kun
oh no, I posted in this thread before I started arguing with some faggot! that must mean we're all conveniently the same guy. is this really your only argument?

>It just isn't a very good one
yeah? care to elaborate or do you really have nothing?
>>
>>330711032
No, I pretty much said everything in the thread yesterday. Don't really feel like rehashing it here again. You can, if you'd like.

https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/330594097/#330598034
>>
>>330709008
>as it was when you posted it yesterday
What in the literal fuck are you talking about?
>>
And the samefagging begins.
>>
>>330711263
It's only samefagging if you pretend to be somebody else.
>>
>>330706375

>You will never have a bro relationship like these 2 have
>>
>>330711146
so your "point" is that it's not tantamount to piracy because it's not piracy. great

used games sales are not piracy, I completely agree
used games sales also do not benefit the developer or publisher in any way, I completely agree

please tell me which of these two statements, if any, you disagree with, because I doubt we really have any disagreement between us. you just seem to want to erase the fact that use games sales only benefits the merchant and pretend it doesn't exist
>>
>>330711146
New anon with a new crispy IP here, your whole argument argument is "used games are different to piracy because used games are in the most literal of ways no the same thing"
You are right but nobody has ever argue that used copies are literally the EXACT same thing, they are obvious different things, the argument is that they are as economically bad (or some times worse)
>>
>>330711870
I agree with both of those statements. Now if we could just get you to agree with them, and stop posting this bullshit argument every chance you get, we'd all be better off.

>>330711974
>i own a cellphone
That's pretty cool. What kind?
>>
>>330712052
>stop posting this bullshit argument every chance you get
you do realize that /v/ is more than a handful of people, right? I wasn't even on /v/ yesterday
and there's a reason companies like MS are seeking to eliminate used games sales. it's a billion dollar industry that benefits no one but the merchants who do nothing but facilitate it. as such, this view on used games sales isn't novel or unique to me. I'm sorry you seem to have some kind of persecution complex
>>
>>330712306
>and there's a reason companies like MS are seeking to eliminate used games sales.
sure. but you can't call it piracy. piracy is a separate thing, and they're not equal
>>
>>330712052
>I don't have a counter argument, I'm just going to call him a samefag
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 640x480
>>330708025
>devs should get money
>pick up used copy of good game at some dumbass retailer
>>
>>330712621
it's similar to piracy in how it affects publishers/devs

how all of this started is when someone suggested downloading it and someone else piped in (probably you) that you should go buy it from gamestop "to support the devs", when neither action would support the devs. it's just highly ironic, I can't help but wonder if you're either a troll or a gamestop shill
>>
>>330710583
>>330711032
>>330711263
>>330711334
>>330711974
All me
>>
>>330707565
>Have fun, it's actually great.

/v/ would never say that, who are you?
>>
there's also an underground wolf fight club quest
>>
>>330706375
You can always just download it and then aftewords kill yourself faggot.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.