[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know most people hate Skyward Sword because of Fi and shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 1571x938) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 1571x938
I know most people hate Skyward Sword because of Fi and shit but can we talk about the lore for a moment?

What exactly IS Demise? We know he's the progenitor of Ganondorf and possibly other Zelda villains, but there still seems to be some unsolved mysteries about him

Fi's examine text:
"This eternal being has conquered time itself. It is the source of all monsters.

According to tales passed down through generations, it appears differently in each epoch and to each person who lays eyes on it. "
>>
Eldritch entity going world to world conquering shit.
He tried to conquer Lorule but they broke their Triforce so he stole their Master Sword and peace'd out.
>>
I thought he was just the first Demon King, the anti-Hylia.

All evil I guess stemmed from him? Even after his death all the monsters still exist.
>>
>>330705906
>What exactly IS Demise? We know he's the progenitor of Ganondorf and possibly other Zelda villains, but there still seems to be some unsolved mysteries about him
Demise is basically the closest thing to Satan or the Devil in Hyrule, or at least he was.
>>
>>330706937
Basically this.

Ganondorf's title in Japan is something that is beyond "Demon Lord." There's just no proper world to translate it as, except for Devil.

Demise is the Devil, or Mara (Buddhism) of Hyrule.

Ganondorf is him reincarnate.

Hence we might assume "Ganon" means Devil, in modern Hylia. And Ganondorf, is like a subtitle, as if to say Devil Jr.
>>
>>330707484
I'm the guy you were quoting. I think >>330706151 is probably closer.

Demise is more of an anti-God than Satan, I think.
>>
>>330708158
I got my source from Japanese translator bros in http://forums.legendsalliance.com/topic/17108-list-of-japanese-translations/

Somewhere in the thread that all these links point to, they discuss it.
>>
Does it matter?

>evil demonic entity that the first Link beat
>directs evil, usually Ganondorf, to square off with subsequent reincarnations of Link

Honestly, I feel like Demise is the thing that raises the least amount of questions.

The pre-apocalyptic surface civilization is bonafide dungeon punk/magitek.

Aonuma said he enjoyed the idea of Link on a motorcycle after Mario Kart. I think a setting like that deserves exploration. Link traversing the area on a magical vehicle instead of an animal, on land, and not restricted to tracks like Spirit Tracks.

Stuff like the laser bow and the tank we saw in the Zelda U trailer, but expanded wholesale.
>>
>>330708676
You're probably right then.

>>330709254
This is why I'm 90% sure Zelda U will be set before even SS and we'll play as Hylia's Champion.
>>
I like how he even looks like Ganondorf.

>>330709254
>The pre-apocalyptic surface civilization is bonafide dungeon punk/magitek. Aonuma said he enjoyed the idea of Link on a motorcycle after Mario Kart. I think a setting like that deserves exploration. Link traversing the area on a magical vehicle instead of an animal, on land, and not restricted to tracks like Spirit Tracks. Stuff like the laser bow and the tank we saw in the Zelda U trailer, but expanded wholesale.

That would be awesome.
>>
The bigger mystery is why Ganon's swords are engraved with the word "Original," while Phantom Ganon's are with "Zubora Gabora."
>>
The even bigger mystery is the nature of the Dark Master Sword, aka Ghirahim.

Why the fuck there are two of them?
>>
File: zeldademiseisakuma.jpg (34 KB, 506x331) Image search: [Google]
zeldademiseisakuma.jpg
34 KB, 506x331
The even bigger mystery is how anyone can think the Hyrule Historia is canon when Agahnim exists who is clearly Ghirahim's reincarnate. Which means that Vaati is not Ghirahim's reincarnate also since he's still sealed in the Four Sword if you're going off of the non-canon of the book. Whereas he dies in FSA, which leads into ALttP.

>>330710568
Akuma you mean.
>>
>>330712672
>The even bigger mystery is how anyone can think the Hyrule Historia is canon when Agahnim exists who is clearly Ghirahim's reincarnate. Which means that Vaati is not Ghirahim's reincarnate also since he's still sealed in the Four Sword if you're going off of the non-canon of the book. Whereas he dies in FSA, which leads into ALttP.
What the fuck is this fanfiction crap you're going on about?
Nobody is Ghirahim reincarnate. Ghirahim is a sword spirit. Agahnim is just Ganondorf's alter ego.
>>
He's literally alternate universe akuma from street fighter
>>
>>330705906
Quick bump
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.