[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bravely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 51ZOppNjvtL.jpg (56 KB, 500x457) Image search: [Google]
51ZOppNjvtL.jpg
56 KB, 500x457
Why is chapter 5 and above so retarded?

Talk about bloating the game. Chapter 7 submissions are atrocious, fighting the mage and dragon and then mage again with two other fuckboys.
>>
is the bad part about this game, the final one
>>
The redundant ending would have made the game completely unplayable if you couldn't turn off random encounters. Was still a major drawback even then.
>>
>>330699183

>hating the team boss battles

shit taste
>>
>>330699183
Git gud
>>
>>330700575
they switched it up which was cool but having to fight ominas again with shield boy and brute monk right after through me off completely.

i'm only 67 and realized i should grind now. the temple bosses are nothing compared to the hook in difficulty from submissions.

doesn't help my darkknight and conjurer are lv 9

>>330700424
elaborate?

its ridiculous how in 6 they find out the innocent person is actually evil yet they dont fuckin say shit about it
>>
>>330700848
Grinding is useless in Bravely Default, tho, you need to grind your jobs if you're gonna grind something.
>>
>>330701259
thats what i'm talking about. i was runnin master arcanist/black mage, spiritmaster/whitemagic, darkknight/misc, and ranger/spellblade max levels and it just seemed ez so i switched it up because the submissions gave shit tons of jp.

i guess ill go grind florem area for jp from those groups of flowers later
>>
>>330700848
I'm talking about how you go around trying to purify all of the crystals multiple times.
>>
Thank God they sort of remove this in Second.
>>
>>330702171
oh yeah thats what i absolutely started doing when tackling the submissions and gettin to the bosses of the temples.

i didn't have time to do random battles, get low MP by the time i actually get to another submission battle.

it was cool how they changed up the dialog the first time fighting the bosses again from another world, then realized they said the same shit, even for the crystal shit.
>>
File: bravely second.jpg (334 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
bravely second.jpg
334 KB, 1000x500
How do you manage to butcher the sequel to a game with a formula as simple as Bravely?
>>
>>330702506
Explain?

The gameplay was improved. Other than the sloppy localisation the only major criticism is its retarded plot.
>>
>>330702634
Other than the plot being abysmal like you mentioned:

Jobs are still not balanced, you can reach the damage cap as soon as chapter 2.

New jobs are pretty mediocre or just replace old jobs in non inventive ways.

By the end of Chapter 5, if you know what you're doing, the game becomes a cake walk, especially with mimic, metor rain or hammer, quad wield, two hand, and last stand. The game becomes broken at any difficulty level.

Horrific audio

Cut subquest endings (the subquests were pointless anyway but worth mentioning)

Awful, awful, story. Only made more awful by the fact there are good character designs and 2 to 3 decently written characters wasted on a plot so awful it shouldn't even warrant a sequel. I know you mentioned but it's bad enough to mention again.

They literally made a game without any incentive to finish playing it. Which astounds me.
>>
>>330702302
Too bad they added nothing better.
>>
>>330699183
Lengthening the game time. They wanted the game to be long enough to "justify" the purchase, so they forced you to run through it a few more laps before you could see the ending.

And I have to agree: the third world was where it should've ended. After that, it was just silliness and random reasons for the fights. They probably could've just left the next two chapters optional, for people who wanted to fight the bosses more, while giving the option for others to jump straight to the end.
>>
>>330699183
stopped playing after beating the crystal boss fights three times

i hope bravely second is not going the same route... just started it today
>>
>>330705231
Hope you're ready for

>>330703712
>>
Yo can someone tell me where to find the Girl Chomper Enemy it's the last thing in my Bestiary that's missing and I can't find it anywhere.
>>
>>330707552
You need to be in chapter 5
>>
>>330707656
Yes I've beaten all
Bosses including the wanderer
So where is this Girl Chomper to find. If you could tell me what dungeon and floor that would be awsome
>>
>the characters idly talk about how they've broken 18 crystals already
>>
File: I'm about to slap a bitch.jpg (20 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
I'm about to slap a bitch.jpg
20 KB, 210x240
>playing second
>max fencer for tiz
>game decides to remove magnolia and give me a second tiz in her spot
>I saved before realizing what had happened

fucking bravo SE
>>
>>330707938
Because at that point they've gone mildly insane and only have each other, of course none of that transferred over to the sequel, because I dunno, ANIME PLOT

>>330707941
What are you even talking about? The demo?

>>330707869
I remember it being one of the reused dungeons... Why not look up a walkthrough?
>>
>>330708257
No, I'm playing the full game since EU. My party is now yew, edea, tiz and tiz. Cutscenes still show moongirl.
>>
>>330708257
I tried but there is none! Nowhere to find anything about the Bestiary or Locations of the monsters. Noone has made the effort to write one up yet :(
So if anyone can tell me the location I would be extremely happy
>>
>>330708372
What chapter? I lost interest at the end of chapter 5. Is that some Altair shit or something?

If so who cares. You should just have mimic on everyone and someone with meteor rain at this point.

>>330708430
I did encounter it but I really do forget where.
>>
>>330699183

It's been a while since I played, is that the one where you've got to go back to the Inn at the first island, then backtrack even further to get the kid, etc, and everything just feels absolutely tacked on? If so it's the only chapter I hated.
>>
That huge Magic Team at the castle before the final battle, one of those optional battles, really fucked me over.

I loved that game. The ost, the interactions, the art, the battles. Of course I'm playing Bravely Second, I loved its demo when I played a while ago. Gotta play the full version after I clear some other games.
>>
>>330710363
You're gonna hate Bravely Second then. Really hate it.
>>
>>330704946
It pretty much gave you the option to do cut through as you can break the crystal early on and get a easy ending. Fighting asterisks was mostly for the dialogue that develops between the NPCs.

The repetitive aspects of the game weren't that bad since the battle system is so streamlined that you can literally turn off random encounters and skip any non-essential boss battle.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.