[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the comfiest handheld? What handheld has the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: handheld-games1.jpg (101 KB, 600x462) Image search: [Google]
handheld-games1.jpg
101 KB, 600x462
What's the comfiest handheld?
What handheld has the best games library?
Do you play any handhelds in public?
Is there a handheld you prefer over others?
>>
>>330694648
>no Sega Nomad

what a shitty collection.
>>
Original GBA + backlight mod

Gameboy Pocket

Of course neither of those are in OP
>>
>>330694648
nintendo ds lite was comfy.
the 3ds xl is not comfy at all, is really awkard to play on it.
>>
Advance SP and DS lite
>>
>>330694648
>What's the comfiest handheld?
Neo Geo Pocket
That thing was a joy to hold and play games with.
>>
Vita
GBA
no
Vita
>>
File: photo.jpg (3 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
3 MB, 2592x1936
>>330695142
>>330695246
to be fair I just found a random mobile gaming picture on google, not my personal collection unfortunately.

pic related also found on google, probably would have made a better OP pic
>>
>>330694648
> What's the comfiest handheld?
PSP
> What handheld has the best games library?
Cracked 3DS
> Do you play any handhelds in public?
Yes
> Is there a handheld you prefer over others?
GBA
>>
>>330695426
Winners
>>
>>330694648
GG or oddly enough New 3DS XL

>I have big hands
>>
>>330694648
Me on the left
>>
>>330694648

DS Lite

>What handheld has the best games library?

Nvidia Shield Portable

>Do you play any handhelds in public?

Yes, but infrequently

>Is there a handheld you prefer over others?

3DS, since the games I've been playing over the last few years overwhelmingly come from 3/DS libraries.
>>
Nomad
GBA
No
DS Lite
>>
>>330694648
Ds and PSP
Yeah why not?
Vita.
>>
>>330698590
GBA micro or ds lite
>>
PS Vita
DS
Yes
Vita, but it has no games so I play 3DS more.
>>
File: ps-vita-or-3ds_size_9.jpg (32 KB, 440x237) Image search: [Google]
ps-vita-or-3ds_size_9.jpg
32 KB, 440x237
>>330694648
lets add a few more question, and i not trying to start a console war by asking this but by acknowledging I dont want one means i probably started one unfortunately

3ds or vita?
Which system has more games? Quality games?
Will either be losing traction in the future?
Any reason why Xbox or Steam havent made a portable? i know theres probably an actual reason why i just wanna hear /v/'s reasoning behind it

and also to answer my own questions
I like the my 3ds but theres something about the pspfat that makes it really comfy to play
either GBA or DS honestly
depends on where I am, but for the most part no
either pspfat or 3ds, I dont own a vita so i have no opinion on it
>>
>3ds or vita?
I like my Vita a lot because of the hardware, but theres nothing to play on it.
>Which system has more games? Quality games?
Probably 3DS, mostly due to Nintendo games.
>Will either be losing traction in the future?
Vita is pretty dead outside of japan. 3DS seems to be slowing down a lot, not a lot of great games left for it that I want to play.
>Any reason why Xbox or Steam havent made a portable?
Too unsafe of an investment, not enough money in it etc. I could see steam making something in the vein of an Nvidia shield type portable, streaming to a handheld device etc. but nothing from Microsoft. If they were interested in the handheld space they would've made something by now.
>>
>>330694648
Anyone who likes handhelds should have a psp 2000 or go. Even without emulating (which you should be doing) it has a great library of psp and ps1 games, not to even get into home brew games.
>>
File: b5gfD9H.jpg (87 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
b5gfD9H.jpg
87 KB, 480x800
The N3DS (XL) is quite comfy. Original GBA was also nice if you don't take into account the screen problem.

I've only owned Nintendo handhelds, mainly to play Zelda and Pokémon, which have been on every single handheld.

I live in Mexico so no 3DS or phones in public unless you want to get assaulted for them.
I occasionally do, but only with my GBC or GBA SP, nobody would even care to steal those from me.

Really depends on the game I'm in the mood for. If I wanna play Pokémon Emerald I'd do it on a GBA instead of a DS. If I wanna play Majora's Mask I'd do it on the N3DS instead of my old 3DS because c-stick, etc.
>>
>>330700065
I really wish I had gotten a PSP Go, those look really neat. Especially since my 2000 analog is so fucked these days.
>>
File: Game_boy_micro_all_black.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1580) Image search: [Google]
Game_boy_micro_all_black.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1580
>>
>>330700586
>gba games only
fucking dropped
>>
>>330700703
>not having a Micro for GBA and an SP for GB/GBC

wew
>>
>>330700351
They are dirt cheap, and if it's comfy in your hand, they are pretty much the best version of a psp to have.
>>
>>330700209
Lol you must be a chilango, I'm surprised you haven't been robbed three times since you posted.
The DS Lite was pretty dope, at least I felt it like that
>>
>>330700973
>SP
If only I had the dainty hands of a small asian to play that effectively. I'll stick to the GBA player thanks.
>>
>>330700973
Not having a OG GBA with a modded back light, that can play both. get out of here.
>>
File: jose.png (384 KB, 886x661) Image search: [Google]
jose.png
384 KB, 886x661
>>330694648
Nintendo DS Lite + FlashCart
>>
>>330701185
I am, but I've actually never been robbed. Maybe it's because I'm too paranoid but I'm not risking my games just to be that cool kid with a handheld in the subway.
>>
>>330701249
>http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-gameboy-advance-backlit-mod-/121912269145
what the fuck
>>
File: Game-Boy-Advance-Blk.jpg (3 MB, 3480x2360) Image search: [Google]
Game-Boy-Advance-Blk.jpg
3 MB, 3480x2360
the OG gba is definitely the comfiest to hold and the slickest looking, especially if you can get a backlit one
>>
File: Hamster-Playing-DS-Lite.jpg (129 KB, 610x882) Image search: [Google]
Hamster-Playing-DS-Lite.jpg
129 KB, 610x882
/thread
>>
>>330701436
Well that's not exactly what i was referring to, but cool looking non the less. Back in the day before the SP came out, it was popular to either send in your OG GBA and have a back light installed, or buy the kit and install yourself.
>>
File: juI4Fpk.png (208 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
juI4Fpk.png
208 KB, 600x327
>>330701436
>Nintendo Gameboy Advance
>>
>>330694648
the New Nintendo 3DS and the New Nintendo 3DS XL. they have the greatest library in handheld gaming history, are backwards compatible with all DS games and also boast the ever growing virtual console. not to mention the innovative face tracking 3D and the innovative use of motion controls.
>>
>>330702707
Hyper bait.
>>
>>330702707
And how much did they pay you to say this?

I mean I like the n3ds as much as the next guy but damn nigga
>>
3DS

Has far better games

Sony has lost and will not make a handheld next gen

Valve making a portable is ridiculous. Microsoft haven't because it's not profitable now with the rise of Mobile gaming.

> Comfiest handheld
PSP was really good.

> Best Games library
GBA or DS

> Handhelds in Public
Only when I was a kid

> Handheld you prefer over others.
DS/3DS or PSP > everything else.
>>
Handhelds have always cramped my hand, I just plain can't use them. I can't play games on a tablet either.

Its not a preference thing I physically can't stand the pain after 20 minutes.

I have no idea what causes this but I feel like I am missing out on some great games.
>>
>>330694648

Vita, bar none. Great buttons, easy to hold, touchscreen is effortless to use.

PSP. There's literally something for absolutely anyone on that handheld and then some, and that's not even talking about having a hacked one. Monster Hunter, SOCOM, Grand Turismo, Patapon, Final Fantasy, Grand Theft Auto, BlazBlue, Killzone, DJ Max, Pursuit Force; so many fucking games in so many genres I can't even list them.

Not since college. It's no fucking different than someone on their laptop or cellphone and if anyone was stupid enough to criticize me for it (something only a child would do anyways), I would just point out their hypocrisy.

Vita, though it's basically dead. Having a hacked N3DS lasted me all of 3 weeks before I realized there was nothing to play on the entire console.
>>
>>330694648
PSP
DS
lol
PSP
>>
>>330704303
>Not being able to play Pokémon
I'm sorry for you, anon. I really am.
>>
>>330704303
You are, but at least you can emulate some of the older games. Nintendo handhelds hurt my hands as well, I blame the square shape and the placement of face buttons for this. The Wii U gamepad hurts as well.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.