[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this game really good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
is this game really good?
>>
Step back from Uncharted 2
>>
>>330694346
it's okay. multiplayer is pretty fun.
>>
Its good, not as good as Uncharted because it get a little too cinematic at times.
>>
what about the story?
>>
If you like story driven games yes. Graphics look good too.

Multiplayer seems like an afterthought bolted on.
>>
>>330694729

the multiplayer is great, dont comment on games you havent played
>>
>>330694346
Yes. It's massively overrated by the normiecore, but also quite underrated by the /v/ nexus of contrarian alternative gamers. It's a good little gem with solid gunplay, engaging stealth mechanics, great level design with plenty of alternate methods of success, and fantastic graphics.

The story itself though is weak, being typical zombie apocalypse flair with a meandering plot - it's the characters and dialogue that salvage it. The AI is also pretty shoddy in places, the enemy variety is definitely lacking, and the whole gameplay presence of Ellie is redundant and often immersion-breaking because he often runs out of cover in plain sight of enemies but they don't notice her (because it would be unfair for you to get spotted due to her actions but they couldn't be assed to code her to NOT jump out at random intervals - totally kills the sense of being "in it").

7, maybe 8/10 if you're in a good mood, somewhere in that zone. And not game review where 7 means "shit", but normal number reviews where 7 means "good".
>>
It's 10/10 but pc fags will do anything to make it look bad because they can't play it since it is a PS exclusive
>>
>>330694346
Yes and no.
I didn't play Uncharted, loved Uncharted 2, hated the third.

TLOU has some nice gameplay mechanics (shooting was brutal, healing wasn't casual, the mix between stealth and action was balanced), but there's just too much of walking/talking scenes, and Naughty Dog clearly went a step further into a more cinematic approach of their games.

It really is too much story-driven. It's well done if you like this, but a lot of moments remind me what I hated about Uncharted 3 (like the drug scene, the walk into the desert...).

Sometimes you have the feeling that you just don't play. It becomes annoying.
>>
>>330694346
the game is alright but way too over-rated. that's why most people here says it sucks
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 230x175) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 230x175
>le its good but it's overrated maymay

xD
>>
>>330694672
If you seen any zombie movie you seen the last of us
>>
It's 7/10
>>
>>330694346
It's really good, just not the amazing masterpiece critics painted it as
>>
Better off playing The Walking Dead
>>
>>330694729
>story driven
>games
Pick one
>>
>>330694942

Nah.

Its like they finished the story, saw cod was doing well and decided to throw something together quickly. It is shit.
>>
It's 10/10 and most of the negative comments come from contrarians and pc fags.

The only legit criticism I can think of is the A.I. that gets pretty terrible sometimes.

It reminded me of HL2, The Children of Men, MGS, Uncharted
>>
its a good game with good dialog, characters and polished systems and gameplay. presentation is overall great. gunplay is pretty good too once you upgrade a few things. it has a nice sense of impact and satisfying gore/brutality. frantically moving from one play style to another feels good. the multiplayer is also surprisingly good with firneds, but atrocious otherwise thanks to fucking shit matchmaking.

however is story is cliche and predictable. it has an excruciatingly slow start with frequent cinematic moments where movement is limited and youre forced to go through empty environments while dialog gets exchanged. this gets better as the game goes on, but makes the games 2 hours of real cutscenes feel more like 4-5. Its gameplay while polished, isnt very involved and all aspects of its systems are very shallow. it has stealth, but that mainly consists of crouching behind cover and waddling past, occasionally throwing a bottle or using a bow. it has melee, but that just means spamming one button. it has shooting, but all the combats cover based. it has crafting which is limited to 4-5 things. is has weapon upgrading which is mainly pointless since you cant adjust damages. theres character upgrading which once again barring 1-2 things is largely pointless.

the game also has pacing issues. theres atleast 2-3 points in the story where it feels like youre getting to the end only to have it go on for a few more hours. encounter designs are also prety atrocious and insanely repetitive. expect the same 3-4 enemy types repeated over and over and over as well as the scenarios you encounter them. go into a a fairly large room and either sneak or blast your way through. every now and then youll get a unique setup, but its rare. the whole game in general feels like it should have ending 5-6hours ago.

its still a pretty good game, but so many people are blinded by presentation. i enjoyed it, but its also the most over rated game i iv ever played next to uncharted 2.
>>
>>330694346
i watched it on youtube (not that much of a difference from playing cinematic 20fps sonyshit) and its pretty bad.
def overrated, but sonyponies are used to eat shit
>>
>>330694729
The story was generic crap despite what they tried to pull
>>
>>330694346
sony exclusive = shit
should know it by now
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.