[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you excited for Afterbirth+? What do you want to see in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
Are you excited for Afterbirth+? What do you want to see in the new DLC?
>>
new synergies
nerf rag man
fixing crashes like quitting a challenge room and then trying to reload the game
>>
>>330693365
They're really making another DLC instead of improving some of the shit that's been haunting the game since forever for free?
>>
Am I excited for timegated content, again?

No.
>>
File: gitgud.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
gitgud.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>330693462
>nerf rag man
>>
Have they cracked the enigma of making a 2d game run on the vita or Wii U yet?
>>
>>330693682
Oh no, not one of these people...
>>
Whats going on exactly?
>>
>>330693365
>Afterbirth+
?
>>
>>330693687
he can be a bitch if you get a shit eden roll
I just think he should be pushed back a floor

>>330693796
it's on the wii u already
>>
>>330693907
Edmund's going to release an update for Afterbirth apparently
>>
File: file.png (164 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
file.png
164 KB, 480x270
>>330693907
>>330693878
Another DLC to add more items, bosses, synergies, and full mod support. OP pic is an example of a modded item
>>
>buy the new Isaac with nerfed old items, 20+ items and a new floor reskin with one new boss
>and here's another shitty flash ending
no thanks
>>
>>330694056
Thanks anon, its official then i suppose? How far has it been deving?
>>
>>330694056
>Win %: 100%
>>
>>330694160
Don't tell me you've died to one of those before
>>
File: file.png (137 KB, 500x265) Image search: [Google]
file.png
137 KB, 500x265
>>330694145
They announced it a few months ago. So far the only date we have is sometime 2016
>>
>>330693365
>Are you excited for Afterbirth+

Eh, not really.
>>
>>330693462
>nerf rag man
Why? He's not even that hard, just annoying. Once, you know what he can do, he's piss easy.
>>
>>330694224
Read it again
>>
new dlc? those guys are great devs.

A++
>>
I hope they actually give me back my steak
>>
not after what edmund did with the last dlc
>>
not again
never again
fuck nicalis, fuck edmund
fuck shitty ARGs, fuck nerfing shit in a SINGLE PLAYER GAME, and fuck the gay ass fucking co op babies that they fucking padded the last DLC with
FUCK YOU NICALIS YOU MOTHER FUCKERS
>>
>>330697108
oh and FUCK the gay ass restart a thon that is the Speed! challenge and double fuck the waste of good potential that was the keeper
they could have made him an actual interesting and fun character with cool synergies but NOOOOOO
LETS MAKE HIM A SHITTY CHALLENGE CHARACTER
I'M SO FUCKING MAD
>>
I got every achievement so I'm good. I got the game + dlc for like 2 bucks so I'm not buying the dlc since it'd be more than the entire games worth.
>>
>>330697108
>>330697489
I'm really wondering if Edmund isn't just a fucking man-child in the end

>makes game with peepee-poopoo and blood that splash everywhere lol
>not enough edgy, let's put a fucking naked boy as main character
>throws a tantrum because people did not play his first ARG with the Lost and did not bothered with his oh-so-funny Loss comic parody among MANY others, so he made ANOTHER for the Keeper

Edmund could be diagnosed with autism that I wouldn't even be surprised
>>
Somebody redpill me on what exactly happened with The Lost
>>
>>330698981
A man walks into a hospital. He asks the receptionist where a patient is staying. The receptionist points him to a doctor. The doctor points him to a room. What emotion is the man feeling?
>>
>>330693365
No. The Afterbirth DLC made me quit playing any Edmund games permanently.
>shit content
>made the game even more RNG dependant than before, straight up broken new rooms where you're forced to take damage etc
>false advertisement
>dev locked even more content for some days because he was being a gigantic fucking faggot over some personal issues and such decides to fuck everyone over
>>
File: cool.jpg (181 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
181 KB, 500x500
>>330699147
>>
>>330698002
I forgot to add that it's the first ever refund I've made on Steam.
>>
>>330699147
Did Edmund actually do something with Loss or is that just the low hanging joke people go for because it's called The Lost?
>>
File: how to unlock the lost.png (154 KB, 625x790) Image search: [Google]
how to unlock the lost.png
154 KB, 625x790
>>330698981
I didn't follow everything, but Edmund was hinting the players to unlock the Lost only by posting
>pic related
>>
>>330699690
Source? Where'd he post that
>>
>>330698002
>Edmund could be diagnosed with autism that I wouldn't even be surprised

Well, he did say he had dyslexia.
>>
>make your ARG so boring and convoluted and gated people would rather datamine to find out how to get all the content they paid for
>get butthurt

>release next expansion
>this time, actually withhold the content by taking it out of the game before release so people can only get it if they play some shitty reddit+twitter ARG
>people bitch at him for it, rightfully so
>he gets butthurt AGAIN

no matter what he does or the players do he gets butthurt
>>
>>330698981
In Rebirth, Edmund, Tyrone and co. made the Lost, a secret, extra hard character that can only be unlocked in an obscure fashion, akin to those 'how to revive aeris' or 'mew under the truck' shit. To know how to unlock it, the players had to kill themselves in a specific fashion while holding an item, which upon death would show them a piece of a big puzzle that described how to unlock the character. Their idea was to make something that was like one of those urban legends in retro games (In one of their butthurt rants about this, they said they thought the lost would take years to discover, even though anyone sane would have told them that with the internet, such a secret would be revealed in like a week, tops).

Unsurprisingly, the puzzle was discovered days after the game's release (Mostly because if you did all the rest of the content, you still had locked achievements on steam. Hidden urban legend, my ass), and was close to completion by the combined efforts of the fanbase, when the solution got datamined from the game's code.

Ed and Tyrone got immensely butthurt over this, in spite of the fact that the puzzle would have been finished like 2 days later without intervention. They said the game was ruined, that 'the fans had swallowed a $100 steak in one bite' (cue the steak meme), that they worked months on this (which is surprising, since if making this shit took them months, the game would have taken a century to make), and that there would be no more secrets, locking the content behind 'high difficulty walls' instead.
>>
Fuck no. After Ed acting like big fucking baby last time I'm not giving him my money again.
>>
>>330694337
>>330694145

Tyrone from Nicalis was on a twitch show and he mentioned that the office is going to Japan to celebrate completing Afterbirth. Now maybe that just means they have finished porting to Ps4/Xbone/Wiiu/Vita, but it kinda felt like they meant +.
>>
>>330700927

>Ed and Tyrone got immensely butthurt over this, in spite of the fact that the puzzle would have been finished like 2 days later without intervention. They said the game was ruined, that 'the fans had swallowed a $100 steak in one bite' (cue the steak meme), that they worked months on this (which is surprising, since if making this shit took them months, the game would have taken a century to make), and that there would be no more secrets, locking the content behind 'high difficulty walls' instead.

All of this is untrue (except the $100 steak in one bite comment). I think they were disappointed that it happened, but immensely butthurt? Come the fuck on. The "no more secrets" was the biggest red herring I had ever heard. They might as well had included a ";)" at the end of it. I mean for fuck sake, the other character in the game is unlocked by playing the easiest character in the game. Don't be so thick, anon.
>>
>>330698002
Ha this guy, this guy right here. Hey you American?
> go yankees
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 640x527) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 640x527
>>330702273
I thought you were supposed to be over 18 to post here
>>
>>330702128
I first thought their comments were tongue-in-cheek, but after all the shit they pulled in afterbirth (With wonderful, terribly designed 'high-difficulty walls' such as the Hush), and locking the greed donation machine for the first few days, I believe they were in fact asspained beyond belief about the whole business.
>>
>>330702524
children with cellphones are Hiroshima's desired audience for that delicious cellphone data. Mods don't do shit about the age rule.
>>
>>330702678

>Hush is a high-difficulty wall

Anon, get fucking good, holy shit. The only problem with Hush is when he goes underground and does 3 laps around the arena before popping up.

>and locking the greed donation machine for the first few days

Edmund just did a breakdown on this for Kotaku, turns out that Nicalis fucked up and put an older test-build up on Steam. You know the old saying "don't attribute to malice what can equally be attributed to incompetence"? Nicalis is about as incompetent as they come.
>>
>>330703079
>get fucking good
okay nerd, like, if you don't become guppy or get mom's knife, you will spend 10 minutes on the hush fight and some people don't have their whole day to waste on hush
>>
>>330699368
Nobody gives a shit you special snow flake.
>>
>>330703412

Nigger I fight Hush practically everytime I play. AND it's with Eden, so base DMG is lower than Isaac most of the time. It does not take 10 minutes if you aren't shit and missing every shot. Shit, my last few daily's where I go to Hush end around 35 minutes and that's with exploring every room on every floor to max exploration bonus.
>>
>>330703412
Not him but hush is not really that bad. Idk if he was nerfed, but he seemed a lot easier when i fought him and my damage wasnt even that high.
>>
>>330693365
Nah. I played flash Isaac for 100 hours, rebirth for 200. Afterbirth was bad and I'm totally burned out.
>>
>>330703079
Hush is meant to be a high-difficulty wall, that's why it has scaling health, to ensure you can never faceroll it. Whether it actually is difficult or just insanely tedious and unrewarding (Opening 4 chest + 1 shop + 1 item is irrelevant, since if you can beat hush, you'll absolutely buttfuck BB/the lamb) is another matter entirely. By the way, 'git gud' is a retarded argument.

As for the donation machine, I don't believe shit about what Edmund said. Tyrone's comments on twitter, the keeper as a character in itself, and pretty much everything about this whole business points at their throwing a temper tantrum when their 'super old school secret' was unlocked in about a fucking week
>>
>>330694972
One rag is fine.
2 Rags is fucking hell.
Fucking more is bullshit.
>>
File: 1411054460037.jpg (66 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1411054460037.jpg
66 KB, 480x640
>lasers/brimstone beams from across the room
>small room with double Pestilence
>that room with four turrets and four walking hosts

Do you guys think he's right?

Is unavoidable damage genuinely a good feature in Isaac?
>>
>>330703997

>Hush is meant to be a high-difficulty wall, that's why it has scaling health,

More like it's something dumbass Edmund thought up to try and keep bosses relevant. It's why Super Greed has it as well. I wouldn't be shocked if in Isaac 2, all of the fights after Mom's Foot do the same thing, albeit to a lesser degree.

>As for the donation machine, I don't believe shit about what Edmund said. Tyrone's comments on twitter, the keeper as a character in itself, and pretty much everything about this whole business points at their throwing a temper tantrum when their 'super old school secret' was unlocked in about a fucking week

Everything you've posted here is irrelevant to the bug that made the machine explode at 109 coins and half the new items missing. Nobody is arguing against the fact that Keeper was left out of the files to try and force the ARG. That's obvious. The point is that Nicalis is incompetent as fuck and shipped off an incomplete build.
>>
>don't have afterbirth yet

>another fucking expansion is already coming

God damn it. I swear I'll never get to 100% this damn game.
>>
>>330693365
>current year
>still caring about isaac
>>
>>330704691
>More like it's something dumbass Edmund thought up to try and keep bosses relevant
That's the same as saying that he wanted to have bosses that are always 'difficult', only apparently they have no clue as to what makes something difficut apart from giving it a shitton of health so he can at least try to kill you by boredom as you dodge his same retarded 4~5 patterns a million times during the fight. The point is scaling health was introduced after they talked about locking content behind 'high difficulty walls'. Seeing the random nature of the game makes this impossible, they went for the lazy route.

About the coins, I don't even care whether it was intended, or a bug. I care about how after the lost fiasco they tried to pull the same shit again, only this time withdrawing and timegating content from the game (Even if the 109 coins was a bug, the keeper was not there on purpose) so they could 'get back' at those evil, evil dataminers.

I have nothing more to say about this, so believe what you want. I simply don't think Edmund and Nicalis' comments and actions correspond to some clever machination to appear mad, but to them actually being mad and acting like children.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.