[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was your favorite mass effect game and why was it 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: MassEffect2_cover.png (201 KB, 256x370) Image search: [Google]
MassEffect2_cover.png
201 KB, 256x370
We all know 2 is the better game.
>>
2. The answer is 2.
>>
Just got the 3 games, what I'm up for?
>>
because it did everything the 1st one did but the gameplay especially was miles ahead
>>
Miranda's ass 2bh
>>
>>330693276
>baka difficulty setting above normal turned enemies into bullet sponges
>also gave shield that invalidated most biotics and tech
>instead of improving world's exploration you get a probe launching "mini game"
>when vehicle added back in it actually made mako seem fast better
>nothing really conclusive
>game devolves into one long advert for 3

There is a video where a group of people that played call if duty only for into the series at 2 (devs asked by a shoe of hands)

-nuff said
>>
Storywise: 2>1>3
Gameplay wise: 3>2>1*

I really enjoyed exploring planets in 1 (can't remember if they let you do this in 2) and the removal of this in 3 made me salty as fuck
>>
>>330694481
>storywise 2>1>3
What fucking story?
>>
File: 1453013372218.gif (959 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1453013372218.gif
959 KB, 400x225
>>330694481
>2 story better than 1
>2 story better than anything
Leave
>>
>>330692986
Gameplay yeah, but there was no story. Just setting up characters for 3.
Also they replaced exploring planets (which was pretty comfy) for fucking planet scanning, which is the most boring shit in Mass Effect.
>>
File: 1453421007356.jpg (54 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1453421007356.jpg
54 KB, 453x500
>>330693990

>call if duty only for into the series at 2
>devs asked by a shoe of hands
>shoe of hands

What in the fuck is going on here
>>
>>330692986
Remember when moot changed the name if the board to tali /v/as normandy? Good times, used to be a hundred mass effect 2 threads a day.
>>
i finished 2 a little while ago. All I had to do was gather my squad, then do a couple missions and I was done.

Not much of a game, really. Very dumbed down. worth buying when on sale only.
>>
>>330693990
>struggling on insanity
Git gud
>>
1 is the best
>actually challenging, can't just spam barrier and stomp everything
>overheat mechanic made shooting more skill-oriented and punished you for getting too greedy
>best Citadel
>best choices
>best side quests
>best loadout system
>Garrus and Wrex bro squad
>no Cerberus nonsense
>clear-cut villain who is an asshole but also has somewhat understandable motivations
>you get to let the dumbfuck Council die
>>
>>330694481
>Storywise: 2>anything
Do you have downs or something? What the fuck is wrong with you? Jesus Christ what kind of decisions in life must a parent make to produce fuckup like you?
>>
File: temp.jpg (252 KB, 1600x2261) Image search: [Google]
temp.jpg
252 KB, 1600x2261
>>330693252
literally LoK in space with guns

>mary sue protag space cop
>one true unifies of the kingdoms/races
>teammates that want to fuck protag
>shooting fireballs out of fist
>throwing people in the air
>with a big flying ship
>fighting "terrorists" and human-sized mechs
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.