[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Genuinely enjoying replaying this game >100% every level
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
>Genuinely enjoying replaying this game
>100% every level so far
>Get to Rusty Bucket Bay
>Have repressed memory telling me to slow down the gears then head to the engine room first because its bullshit.
>Its actually worse than I remember

Yeah yeah! git gud! etc. but that part is a piece of shit

The camera is also worse than I remember.

Banjo thread?
>>
Well it's a shit level so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>330690752
Naw

>>330690617
XBL version best. No recollecting bullshit if you end up plunging
>>
>>330690617
RBB has best music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ0V8kirS8k
>>
Why is Tooie so fucking boring?

I can play BK all in one sitting and not give a fuck.
>>
>>330690617
It has aged really well, I enjoy playing it a lot.

Last time I played it I got all the notes except 4 in Click Clock woods, was annoying.

>>330690947
This is right, I don't have an Xbox though unfortunately.
>>
>>330691323
The levels in Tooie are too big yet the amount of things to collect has been consolidated. It kind of sucks. I get frustrated from the amount of walking I have to do to reach a certain part of the level.

It worked (IMO) in DK 64 because of the sheer number of things to collect.
>>
File: Banjo_Is_Back_Logo.gif (58 KB, 439x252) Image search: [Google]
Banjo_Is_Back_Logo.gif
58 KB, 439x252
>This teaser is a decade old.
>>
>>330691323
>Why is Tooie so fucking boring?
Because the levels are big, but have practically nothing in them.
Fucking Terrydactyland is the worst since it was clearly built around the idea of Banjo wandering around as the big T-Rex which you won't be most of the time.
>>
>>330691323
Tooie expects you to play through the game completely differently.
It's a MUCH more enjoyable experience to blast through the levels without focusing too much on collecting and just open up all the warps and abilities, then go back through them actually collecting stuff.
>>
>>330691505
Nuts and Bolts is older now than Tooie was when Nuts and Bolts came out.
>>
>>330691369
I can almost assure you it was the four notes in a Snarebear at the base of the tree in spring.
>>
I thought the camera was actually amazing compared to most N64 games, one of the reasons I still go back and really enjoy replaying it.
>>
>>330691931
I may try that then.
>>
>Ice key
>>
File: kazooie.jpg (393 KB, 1028x630) Image search: [Google]
kazooie.jpg
393 KB, 1028x630
>>330692523
>>
>>330691323
because you spend lots of time wandering through the level thinking you're doing shit, only to check your totals and see:
>4/10 jiggies
>30/100 notes
>2/4 jinjos
then you have to backtrack to continue some trading quest you started 2 levels ahead to get your shit
>>
>>330692523
I know where I'd like to shove that

>>330690617
Don't raise the anchor until you've got all the notes in the engine room, and done the propeller jiggy
>>
>>330691931
As a fan of Banjo-Tooie I can say that this is accurate.

There are some jiggies that aren't possible to get until you get abilities from other worlds.

Ex: The jiggy behind the waterfall in GGM requires the spring shoes, which you learn in terrydactyland.
>>
>>330693304
that's a page right out of DK64. You're basically playing a cross between DK64 and Banjo Kazooie
>>
>>330693304
Yeah, there's a lot of that. It bothered me when I was playing through that I couldn't 100% levels the first time I was in them, and had to go back and forth from other levels thirty times to actually get anything.

The level designs in Tooie were way better, though. Freezeezy Peak and Mad Monster Mansion were the only ones I really cared for in the first game. Hated Clankers Cavern and Rusty Bucket Bay.
>>
>>330693867
>Not liking CCW or TTC
>>
>>330692523
The funny thing is that you can actually get that even on the N64 version. It just doesn't do anything.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.