[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.radiant-entertainment.co m/ So Riot bought the R
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Riot_Games_logo.png (46 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
Riot_Games_logo.png
46 KB, 300x233
http://www.radiant-entertainment.com/

So Riot bought the Rising Thunder developers (announced a few days ago but still)

Thoughts on what's to come?
>>
>>330688224
>Riot games buys a game company with potential just to drag them down with them

Riot games is just becoming EA at this point.
>>
File: fed_Vayne.jpg (638 KB, 675x832) Image search: [Google]
fed_Vayne.jpg
638 KB, 675x832
isn't it tencent that runs Riot now? maybe they want to jew it out the ass as well.
>>
>>330689008
>tencent
>not being a jew

Pretty sure that will never happen.
>>
LeL fighter confirmed
>>
i remember some shit Riot did internally a year ago where they had employees get together and make some pet projects for a competition

they got a smash mod off the ground:

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2znjsd/a_smash_bros_mod_that_some_rioters_created/

probably an enormous stretch but i wonder if toying around with this mod/idea + seeing Smash's competitive community start to grow wings inspired this move
>>
File: 1451862099749.jpg (177 KB, 600x849) Image search: [Google]
1451862099749.jpg
177 KB, 600x849
Honestly, I liked RT but I didn't care much for the robots. Even with accents they just didn't convey enough personality.

If they just rebrand and expand that same type of game as a LoL fighter? Yeah, I could live with that. LoL is garbage but the character designs were always fun and/or fuckable.
>>
>>330689113
What is reading comprehension
>>
Are they going to make fighting games as normie-tier as MOBAs now? I kinda hope so. So long as they don't butcher the depth in the process.
>>
>>330690190
I'd play a fighting game with LoL character designs. Atleast the female designs. The male ones are kinda boring.
>>
I was looking forward to RT getting fleshed out so I was real pissed when I read this.

Worst case scenario, that new project they've talked about is some mobile game tier freemium shit that has nothing to do with RT, best case scenario they make some kind of LoL fighting game with the RT mechanics, because let's face it RT was solid but the robots were boring as fuck
>>
>>330692503
I can agree to this. Also larger dev team will hopefully mean more than 6 characters to start. Still going to suck because Riot will likely have them make some characters super OP so people will buy them before a balance patch
>>
>>330692503
How about a LoL fighting game with mobile tier freemium model? Make special moves cost gems and what not?

I have zero faith anything good will come out of this
>>
File: 1426957141247.jpg (23 KB, 195x186) Image search: [Google]
1426957141247.jpg
23 KB, 195x186
kek

cancer being bought up by cancer

like pottery
>>
>>330691852
>So long as they don't butcher the depth in the process.
kek
>>
>>330689008
>5/0 vayne and oldraka
>>
>>330692503
Someone actually liked RT?

What?
>>
>>330691852
rising thunder was designed with the normie-tier MOBAs in mind from the get go
>>
>>330688224
Desperate cry for help. Riot knows when people get tired of league, they are fucked.

The fact they cancelled rising thunder means theyre not after the fighting game , but the shitty minecraft ripoff they were making.
>>
>>330688224
Nickle-and-diming, shit balance
>>
>>330692503
They were never gonna do justice to the robots.
>>
>>330691983
>Braum
>Velkoz
>Yorick
>Nautilus

Generally you're right, but they're not all bad.
>>
>>330688224
A fighting game where you get to heal yourself or teleport out of a combo once every 5 matches
>>
>>330689008

i'd fuck both of them
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.