[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steam Controller
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
I want to suck Gabe Newell's fat narwhal cock for this, but this is by far the greatest controller ever constructed. The configuration especially with the new action sets feature more or less allows it to be used for almost any game.

If Valve ever did anything right it is most certainly this controller of the gods. I feel like I have to become a motherfucking disciple spreading the good word about this device to all of the underage kids of Microsoft land and Sonyggers.

If you ever need assistance, /r/steamcontroller has your back. In before some autistic complaints about the website which hosts that board.
>>
>>330680151
It's got its problems, but they're really adding feature after feature.

It need some sort of API that can hook into games and detect when to switch out modes when you go into a menu. Every problem I have with it is due to games not handling thumbsticks and mouse input at the same time

But shit, I can actually play difficult Doom wads Doom with a controller.

If only they would finally fix having to restart the controller on first boot to get rid of double input and the zombie controllers problem.
>>
>>330680151
It would be perfect if they replaced the stick with a d-pad. The requirement of steam is also a problem, but that's to be expected.
>>
>>330681380
Uhh, just use either the left or right trackpad for your D-pad.

The analog stick is there for games that work better with one.
>>
>>330681380
The analog stick is kind of needed, bud. Plus you could always just use the trackpad. D-pads aren't that widely used anymore in modern games.
>>
What is the difference between Joystick Move and Joystick Camera?
>>
>>330681473
The touchpads suck as a d-pad replacement. They work fien for anything that doesn't need precise input, but rpecision platformers and fighting games play like shit.

>The analog stick is there for games that work better with one.
The touchpad works perfectly as an analog replacement.
>>
I have one and it stinks. The trackpad thing with feedback feels nothing like a real stick, and most of the control sets online are awful.
>>
>>330681810
> most of the control sets online are awful
Then make your own control set.
>>
>>330681380
After much fiddling with the settings I've gotten a d-pad that mostly works using max haptic feedback, the cross style emulation that emphasis cardinal directions, and a larger deadzone.

Still hoping that in a future version they reduce the click resistance at the edges as that will probably make it feel a lot better.
>>
>>330681810
> The trackpad thing with feedback feels nothing like a real stick,

Who cares?
>>
>>330681992
Your finger falls off of it, and it's hard to get a sense of relative position. It's like using a laptop trackpad for a joystick.
>>
>>330680151
This controller + fighting stick and you never need anything else.
The lack of a D-Pad is the only downside... but every other controller besides my arcade stick is gathering dust in the corner since i have it.
But you have to take your time to set it up for each game to get the most out of it, i can imagine most plebs don't want to spend 10 minutes changing the configs till it feels like GOAT controller and rather use their can't change anything off the shelves shit.
>>
>>330681896
Seriously? The interface is clunky, I have to go between my PC and my TV interface. It's such an awful experience.
>>
>>330681986
Go into any fighting game and try to consistently pull off any special that's not just a quarter circle. It won't work. I tried a bunch of different settings for the d-pad and the best I can play with it are semi-casual platformers.
>>
>>330681380
I want to try the dpad/button combo thing they had on the beta controller they sent it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.