[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: scrolls.jpg (38 KB, 372x268) Image search: [Google]
scrolls.jpg
38 KB, 372x268
Which one?
>>
>>330679480
Skyrim, but Oblivion gets honorable mention for the Grey Fox questline and the Shivering Isle DLC
>>
>>330679480
Skyrim, no challenge
>>
>>330679480
Does Oblivion have new lands with content mods like Faalskar on Skyrim and Tamriel Rebuilt on Morrowind?
>>
>>330680424
yes. I don't remember what they are called though. but they are all non-canon.

I mean, then again, it's not like Oblivion ever actually deserved to be canon to begin with since it's a fucking bland trainwreck.
>>
>>330679480
Skyrim easily.
>>
>>330679480
Morrowind.
>>
Skyrim because it actually tries to do something different and remain closer to the lore.
>>
>>330679667
>Grey Fox questline and Shivering Isles

A fucking MEN brutha
>>
Oblivion, purely because of nostalgia.
>>
>>330679480
I have more than 6000 hours in Oblivion, and barely 90 in Skyrim, so...
>>
>>330679480
Oblivion, best
-Stat system
-quests
-magic
-overall combat

skyrim did better
-scaling...barely
-character models, but its also an newer game
>>
Both
>>
File: 1406655523502.jpg (2 MB, 2025x709) Image search: [Google]
1406655523502.jpg
2 MB, 2025x709
>>330679480
Neither
But if I had to pick, Skyrim. If you're willing to sit down and dig through hundreds of mods you can have a pretty good setup now that's finally surpassing modded Oblivion in a lot of ways.

For pure vanilla content, Oblivion was far better though.
>>
>>330680424
Elsewyr deserts of Anequina is one. I've played it. it's pretty decent.

There's also Valenwood Improved but I've never played that and I'm not sure how good it is.
>>
>>330683241
>overall combat

pls be joking. Skyrim has more elaborate animations and the spells don't look like wet farts.

like, casting a fireball in Oblivion compared to what Skyrim has in the same regard is pretty embarrassing.
>>
Skyrim has more modding potential, but it has shitty and boring quests.
>>
>>330684736
Valenwood Improved lacks the centaurs and Imga so it doesn't follow the lore from "A dance in fire" one of TES's best books.
>>
>>330679480

Morrowind
>>
>>330684857
Skyrim and Oblivion are both shit in combat, but magic and hybrid classes in general got shafted with the equipping spell things Skyrim had.
They're very annoying to play.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.