[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the class system in Elders Scroll online? Do you have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Elder_Scrolls_Online_cover.png (240 KB, 280x399) Image search: [Google]
Elder_Scrolls_Online_cover.png
240 KB, 280x399
How is the class system in Elders Scroll online? Do you have the holy trinity of DPS/Healer/Tank ?

Is the combat slow enough to put an emphasis on strategy and careful planning?
And are the dungeons hard enough that you really need to be organized with a guild /group?

Basically, is the coop content as good as vanilla WoW?
>>
File: 1457096849536.jpg (6 KB, 199x196) Image search: [Google]
1457096849536.jpg
6 KB, 199x196
bump
>>
>>330671301
You can pretty much be a plate wearing mage. Game really doesn't have fixed classes.
>>
>>330671301

You choose a class. Class has 3 main sections. There's no real pattern except that they all have a mix of support, damage, and tanking abilities.

Then you have a ton of of skill sections that you can unlock in game or level up. For example, being a mage and wearing heavy armor and using a greatsword to level up heavy armor and 2 handers.

Or joining a guild and unlocking their skills.

Or becoming a vamp/wolf and unlocking their skills.

ESO probably has my favorite themepark skill system.
>>
File: t.jpg (122 KB, 616x731) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
122 KB, 616x731
>>330672852
Wouldn't that be largely inefficient tho?

Like you can be a healing rogue, but generally you would want to be a healing paladin or priest (whatever they are in game) meaning you still have some sort of coherent expectation when you pick party members?
>>
Class determines some of the abilities/passives you can use. Then you have weapon, armor, faction and story abilities/passives that are usable by everyone.

Everyone can do everything, but they do it differently. Take a basic fighter build for example.

Nightblade: You're a fighter who has lots of debuffs and dots and the ability to slip into the shadows quickly.

Templar: You're a fighter who can buff himself and his allies and heal wounds while also using holy smites.

Dragon Knight: You're a fighter who can buff himself really strong with his dragon abilities and who specializes in elemental fire attacks.

Sorcerer: You're a fighter who can summon daedra to help you, use dark magic and channel the power of the storms.

They're all fighters, but they can do it differently.
>>
Yes there is a trinity.

Each class has 3 paths, each path has several abilities, a few passives and 1 ultimate.

Each path has its own exp bar that fills as you do things (the more abilities from 1 path you have on your action bar, the faster it gets exp)

Each ability and passive requires a certain path level to unlock, you use a skill point to unlock it.

Each ability also has its own exp bar. Filling it levels up your ability, and after 5 levels you get to morph it and are given 2 options to choose from (example is making an ability cost stamina instead of magicka vs making it flat stronger)

You can mix and match abilities from all 3 of your paths, but it will come at the cost of making exp split up, leveling all your abilities/path slower.

But skills do not just come from classes. You also get generic trees for Two Handed, One Handed, Destruction Magic, Restoration Magic, etc for offense as well as other things like Legerdemain for thievery, Mage/Warrior/Thief guild skills, Soul Magic, etc.

Combat is slow and it is heavily about dodging attacks. Dungeons are not hard from what I've done, so long as you have the trinity and know how to dodge it's basically spam until it dies.
>>
>>330673312
Dungeons remain pretty easy until higher levels. Then you get tons of unavoidable damage and having people be able to self-buff and pop potions or having a Templar go insane healer spam becomes very important.
>>
I play an Orc melee sorcerer in medium armor for dps and offtank you can pretty much do any combo you like, if you're in to min/maxing then I suggest you take your class and especially your race carefully
>>
>>330673559

>Orc Sorcerer

By the nine...
>>
>>330674623

Why does this need to be bumped, nigger. There are 3 posts in here with highly detailed answers.
>>
>>330673312
>Dungeons are not hard from what I've done, so long as you have the trinity and know how to dodge it's basically spam until it dies.
Sounds pretty dull no?
>>330673457
So it's fairly mindless? And only at higher diff you really only need your priest to heal but the rest is mindless first skill spam?
>>
>>330674701
doesn't mean it answers everything silly cunt

are there any raids btw?
>>
>>330674760
You need SOME sort of healer or lots of potions and good dodging, but yeah, it doesn't get difficult until later.
>>
>>330674942
not really. there's group instanced dungeons, 4 players, solo/non-instanced world dungeons, pvp zones (which are kinda fun), and just shit loads of quests and land to explore.

I've played for a couple months off and on, lv48 on a dragonknight and just reached coldharbor. game is pretty fun when played like other elder scrolls games: collect everything, steal what you can, make shit, do every quest, visit everywhere. you can also total forget to do any group dungeons while leveling up since they not required for anything, though queuing up for one is kinda shitty. when queued, your lvl is scaled up to max, meaning if you did this at lv15, you'd have shit for abilities compared to a real lv50/v16 player. do dungeons by shouting (make friends), place will scale to lowest member, meaning high lvl player could power through it easier.
>>
>>330676831
So basically it's not challenging?

Isn't Black Desert a better themepark if it comes to just doing cutesy stuff?
>>
>>330677503
the group stuff is challenging, just the game doesn't go out of its way to challenge you much. you're not really gated in progress by not clearing things is what i'm getting at, it's mostly grinding right now and waiting on crafting research timers
>>
File: 1217566736071.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1217566736071.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>330671301
the game sucks.
>>
>>330671301
Right now theres a huge fucking grind after level 50 and you get veteran ranks 1-16...in which you can play through the other 3 zones. I wuld wait until they remove veteran ranks

and classes are unbalanced, and pvp is a fucking lagfest, and the champion point system (another fucking grind) means you will be better than other players, which adds even more unbalance. so dont be surprised if you get killed in lagfest pvp.
>>
>>330678992
>you're not really gated in progress by not clearing things is what i'm getting at
I see, challenge is more like an option on the side, is that right?

But there's no raids or big PVE events? Never ever?

All the big group stuff is PvP? Is PvP more of a casual experience or is there something intelligent to do with it?
>>
>>330679342
>and classes are unbalanced
Any better than others?

>pvp is a fucking lagfest
You mean world scale?
>>
>>330673585
>>330673559
Honestly, this is one of my go-to roleplay characters. Not even just in TES, but in tabletops and most RPGs alike. Orc sorcerers are that perfect kind of out there, in-between believable and something out of a really weird, but interesting fan-fic. Always name the fucker Karl too.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.