[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most overrated Mario game of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 400x360
What is the most overrated Mario game of all time?
>>
>>330668627
Super Mario World.
>>
Super Mario Bros. 3.
>>
Whatever your favorite one is
>>
>>330668627
you posted the most overrated Mario RPG
>>
>>330668627

Galaxy 2
>>
>>330668627
super mario RPG
>>
Super Mario 3D World.

The level design was awful. It played like a 2D game stretched across a third axis, not like a full-fledged 3D game. It's level design I expect from a Nintendo 64 game.
>>
>>330668627
3D world was very underwhelming and i usually like 3d mario
>>
Sunshine because its legitimately bad but people defend it for whatever reason
>>
>>330668751
>>330668994
>>330669416
All of these. All three are tied for most overrated trash Mario game.
>>
3d world
>>
>people who compare the straight up mario 3d platforming games to the 3d collectathons like theyre the same kind of game
>>
>>330669504
3d world and 3d land ARE the 2d games in a 3d environment though. I've been waiting for that since mario 64.
I would have liked an objective based 3d mario on the wii u but im perfectly content with 3d world
>>
>>330669615
Imagine having taste this bad.

I'd probably kill myself.
>>
>>330669604
>it's legitimately bad

It's not?
>>
>>330669615
>people like this actually exist
>>
Sunshine.
Not that it's bad, but how people could consider it superior to 64 is beyond me.
>>
>>330668627
Battle Beast.
>>
>>330668627
Galaxy, no joke. I have no idea why people praised that game like the second coming. Galaxy 2 was much better, but I didn't care for the first game.
>>
>>330669504
i liked 3d world except for the horrible gamepad elements. luckily they didn't do that very often
>>
>>330668627
thousand year door

>m-muh comfy gamecube childhood
>>
the one that you liked, because I am a troll.

ha ha ha.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
Super Mario Bro's 3 in the 2D department

64 in the 3D Department

Double Dash in spin off department

Bowser's Inside Story in the RPG department it's still a good game but I go back to it and I absolutely hate the fucking minogames you repeat, you do Bowser's fucking arm 4 times in the first half
>>
>>330670948

Galaxy has the "First experience" nostalgia value

They are all faggots who prefer it because MUH HUB WORLD

I don't want to travel for 5 fucking minutes to get to the next level
>>
>>330672095
>Decide to replay Bowser's Inside Story
>get to the train boss
>quit playing Bowser's Inside Story
>>
>>330669504

>3D World

>overrated

It was overhated back at E3

The entire point of the game was to go with the original idea of 2D Mario in 3D

It made actual Platforming good and the constant gameplay elements being introduced was fantastic

Granted here's to NX being more on the scale of Galaxy, but 3D World had a massive improvement of building the Platforming first and giving you variety
>>
>>330672240
I liked Galaxy more because the hub world gave the game more atmosphere and charm, I liked Rosalina more than fat Luma, and the story felt more epic than 2's.

Galaxy 2 also unfortunately has to be a sequel. Galaxy felt fresh and new, while 2 feels a bit like a retread. If I had played 2 second, the gameplay and level design would have stuck in my mind more.
>>
>>330672240
galaxy 1 has soul

galaxy 2 is just a collection of linear, low ambition levels one after another
>>
>>330668627
Super Mario 64
>Heralded as the greatest game on the N64, despite basically being a tech demo
>Awful camera
>Awful controls (not suited to the control stick at all)
>Obtuse wording in its objectives
>Poor art style in the later worlds, as if they run out of inspiration
>Repeated music in the later worlds, as if they run out of inspiration

It's an 8/10 at best, let down by the points above. It's nowhere NEAR the 10/10 that certain Nintendrones claim it to be.
>>
Honestly Super Mario World
>Really boring repeating environments
>very few memorable stages
>3/4 of all stages trivialized by the Cape

The alternate exits and Special world are its saving grace
>>
>>330670575
Gamecube babbies aren't real people. They only hype it because it was the only Mario game they'd played at that point. There's some laughable design choices and a lack of content in that game.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.