[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deus Ex: Director's Cut
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 2464567-dehrdcclean.jpg (50 KB, 502x640) Image search: [Google]
2464567-dehrdcclean.jpg
50 KB, 502x640
The PC version of this game is $20 on steam and the Wii U version is $14 on amazon. Is the game good on the Wii U? I quite like Gamepad features in general as they smoothen out games a lot and usually integrate menu-based stuff and gameplay really well (imagine if MGS3 was on the Wii U, switching camos and all would be SO much better).
Are there any noticeable frame drops or stutters or bugs in the Wii U version that aren't there on PC?
>>
It has a couple of framedrops when things go crazy, but being able to manage your inventory and hack shit easily make the Wii U version pretty great
>>
>>330667164
its like 2 dollars on g2a
>>
>>330668895
That's the normal version, not the Directors Cut.
>>
>>330667164
I've never seen or played the Wii U version but it is kind of interesting given it was one of the few 3rd party games to hit the platform. From what I've heard it is better than the 360/PS3 version, but both of those ran pretty horribly.
>>
>>330669662
The funny thing is the game was originally a Wii U exclusive and later got ported to 360, PS3 and PC. So it's probably best optimized for Wii U. Not that optimization matters for a 7th gen game to a beastly PC, but still.

Is there anyone on /v/ who's played both the Wii U and PC versions?
>>
>>330670018
>the game was originally a Wii U exclusive and later got ported to 360, PS3 and PC
The Wii U version came out more than 2 years after the PS3/360/PC versions.
>>
>>330670225
He's talking about the "Director's Cut" edition.
>>
>>330670323
What's in the director's cut that isn't in the missing link DLC? I honestly never played the DLC or director's cut.
>>
Pros and cons
>PC:
+60 fps
+Mouse and keyboard if it's your thing
-Can be buggy because they took the original build of DE:HR to make the DC instead of the latest patched build of the game
-Was never patched
>WiiU:
+Gamepad for map, passwords, etc.
+/- Sniping with the gamepad
-Resolution
-30 fps with little to no drop
I know I missed a few so feel free to add to this list.
>>
>>330670816
>-30 fps with little to no drop
Then that's much better than the PS3/360 versions, both of them have serious drops in Detroit, inside Sarif, and other locations.
>>
>>330667164
wii u version has fucking awful load times.
Other than that its the best console version. get pc if you can though.
>>
>>330670718
Modified boss fights to make the fights more interesting for non-combat oriented builds.

Of course, not everyone finds them more interesting anyway.

There's also a couple guns added; An old-shool double-barreled shotgun that I don't recall being in the original game being one of them.

>>330670816
How well does the hacking work? On PC I find it annoying when the game sometimes doesn't select the option that I'm aiming for, leading to sometimes wasted worms.
>>
>>330671303
You can use the touchpad, it's alright.
>>
>>330671303
>An old-shool double-barreled shotgun that I don't recall being in the original game being one of them.
Yeah, that's definitely not in the original game. I just replayed it recently without DLC.
>>
>>330670816
The game has been patched, all of the supposed bugs and glitches are gone.

The piss filter can be turned off as well, that's a plus.
>>
>>330671735
When was it patched? It's been a while since I played.
If that's true, there's no reason to get the Wii U over the PC version.
>>
>>330667164
No, the Wii U version is shit and looks/runs terribly.
>>
>>330671512
>>330671303
The weapons are the former pre-order stuff.
>>
>>330671842
There's still a laundry list of unpatched things, but most are so minor they don't really matter. The big concern would be that the few progression-blocking bugs also haven't been patched, but they're fairly rare. If you do get them, you're pretty much hard fucked and they've never even attempted to patch the problem across any version.
>>
I need to replay this again
>>
>>330667164
I picked this up recently, just got back to Detroit after the Montreal mission and I've been loving it. I plan on getting the original Deus Ex and Invisible War after I'm finished. Say what you will about Invisible War, it was the first Deus Ex game I played back when I didn't know better and enjoyed it.
>>
>>330674635
Invisible War isn't as bad as most people say. It's still a good RPG hybrid, just not as good as the original.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.