[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: AlanWake.jpg (67 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
AlanWake.jpg
67 KB, 1920x1080
what the fuck did I just play
>>
One of my favorite games.
>>
>>330659858
GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM
>>
>>330659858
>>330660008
>>330660000

A CANDY COLOURED CLOWN THEY CALL THE SANDMAN
>>
>>330659924
Am I a retard for not getting the ending and what was real and what was in Alan's head? I feel like I am.
>>
>>330660117
Basically I think he sacrifices himself to become the new writer or whatever so that way he can try to keep the being at bay and save his wife. I dunno I haven't played it in years, it's supposed to be obtuse like all Stephen King works.
>>
>>330660008
YOUR CIRCUIT IS DEAD
THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG
>>
>>330660452
>Basically I think he sacrifices himself to become the new writer or whatever so that way he can try to keep the being at bay and save his wife.
Ah, I see, Thats what I thought too.
>>
>>330660452
It's not a lake... It's an ocean
>>
>>330659858
>what the fuck did I just play
A really shitty game that inexplicably gets a lot of positive coverage.
>>
>>330660661
Get a load of this fag.
>>
>>330660616
DEEP IN THE OCEAN OF DARKNESS
IN THE MIRROR OF LIGHT
>>
>>330660616
What does it mean? Where's the sequel Sam Lake?
>>
File: Motel_Diner.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Motel_Diner.jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
>>330659858
I like the settings of Alan wake. American nightmare is my favorit of the games.
>>
One of the best games ever.

People always calls this mediocre no one can come up with an answer when you ask for a game like it.
>>
>>330660703
I would love to remind you folks that Alan's Wake has less complex gameplay than Last of Us, and a lot worse story: yet somehow, it still gets praised while everybody is shitting on Last of Us, or Uncharted.
I love the fucking degree of absolute lack of self-awareness and hypocrisy that emerges whenever this piece of absolute trash gets discussed.
>>
So... did Zane just made Alan up? If he did, why did he made second one (Mr. Scratch) and what his purpose? Guy was a fucking serial killer, why was he needed to be replaced when Alan was in the Darkness?
>>
Reminder that is not done, it needs a sequel and Remedy needs money, hope Quantum Breaks sales or else they are done for
>>
>>330661130
>People always calls this mediocre no one can come up with an answer when you ask for a game like it.
Are you kidding me?
The Uncharted Series
Last of Us
Tomb Rider
Gears of fucking War
Binary Domain
Mindjack (that one is particularly close to Alan's Wake)
It's the most fucking run-off-the-mill third person shooter/cinematic experience with completely superficial gameplay spread too wide over insane amount of completely generic cinematic story that thought "ripping off individual famous scenes from famous movies" makes up for a good story.

If you want games with story or atmosphere similar to this shit, everything from Deadly Premonitions past about a dozen of actually good point and click adventures to Vanishing of Ethan Carter (not to mention to fucking Silent Hill series) offer far better horror with actually less annoying gameplay.
>>
>>330661863
Delusional piece of shit, those games aren't even close to the gameplay of Alan Wake. You don't have a cover button, swing on ropes, or climb cliffs while making perilous jumps.
>>
>>330661863
>suggesting walking simulators
No thanks anon.
>>
>>330662231
Yeah, they are actually all a bit better. Not by much, the core gameplay loop is still the same - move from one shitty cinematic cutscene to another shitty cinematic cutscene with a bit of QTE in the middle to prevent you from falling asleep completely: with god-awful core shooting, with god-awful lever design, and god-awful story.
SOME of those games at least have something else: like cover based shooting, or platforming, or stealth: it's little, not nearly enough to make it into actually a good game, but it's still more than Alan.

Oh yeah, and I forgot the Dead Space series.
>>
>>330661863
Are you braindead? Why would you compare Mindjack and Binary Domain to Alan Wake? Retard much?
>>
>>330662346
I'm not suggesting anything, I'm merely stating the facts. Also: the two puzzles in the entirety of Ethan Carter make for ten minutes of more interesting gameplay than the entirety of Alan.
>>
>>330661130

It is mediocre. It is the same old horror game shtick and there is nothing special about it.
>>
OMEGA-3 FATTY ACIDS ARE GOOD FOR YOUR HEART
>>
>>330662567
Well, for starters: All three are insanely shitty third person shooters with awful gunplay, awful story, awful pacing and exactly one mechanical gimmick to sell themselves on. I think that is actually quite enough to compare them on.
Why the fuck would I not compare games that are in the same genre and mechanically and qualitatively almost identical?
Because Alan's Wake has some sort of special defense group that magically ignores all it's flaws and just denies how the game actually work?
>>
>>330662664
>>330661863
yawn. your opinion is boring
>>
>>330662527
And I just realized: the all the Resident Evil games are basically the same shit too ever since they went over-the-shoulder instead of fixed camera angles.
>>
>>330661863
>simultaneously shitting on Binary Domain, Alan Wake, and Deadly Premonition

Wow nigger, your opinion is literally the shittiest I've ever seen on /v/. Im not even over exaggerating. The only contribution your post has made is prove that people do infact have objectively shitty opinion.
>>
>>330663740
obligatory 'not that guy' disclaimer.
Deadly Premonition may have had a ton of weird charm to it, but a masterpiece of gaming it ain't.
>>
>>330663740
I'm actually not shitting on Deadly Premonition. It's an incredibly flawed and broken and often frustrating game, but unlike Alan it has some actual charm to it.
Yeah, I am shitting on Alan's Wake because that game is an absolute, insane pile of shit and the fact that you fuckheads actually defend that trash has to be one of the biggest proofs that this board is mad, insane army of retarded hypocrites. Binary Domain was trash too, by the way.

Notice one funny thing about all of these games though (or at least Alan's Wake and Binary Domain). They were actually considered bad by the mainstream press.
And that is quite literally the ONLY reason why those games get away with shit that any number of other similar games would be torn a new asshole for.
Generic, shitty writing, story-over-gameplay, painfully linear, mechanically braindead, cinematic. The embodiment of shit this board is always so eager to complain about. But when it comes in a game that does not get positive main-stream reception: suddenly they are cult classics...

It's fucking hilarious.
>>
>>330661743
Could've sworn that the game had a line of dlc was supposed to drop before the sequel came out a year or so later?

Tying into the seauel
>>
>>330660114
TIPTOES TO MY ROOM EVERY NIGHT
>>
>>330661204
Because The Last of Us is an unoriginal TWD ripoff with forced characters, horribly lackluster gameplay and was pushed so hard in marketing to "give you le feels!"
Alan Wake, on the other hand, has a unique (if flawed) gameplay premise, original characters for the media that call back to an established fiction trope, and because no marketing team tried to shove it down peoples' throats a lot of us felt a genuine interest in the world and characters.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.