[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best pad for PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
I'm planning to buy a controller for my pc.
Which one should I get?
- Xbone one and Dualshock 4 are basically the same price here. I'd rather go for DS4, but I'm not familiar with Xbone. Is it better in terms of compatibility?
- is it worth to pay a bit more and get Steam Controller? It looks like shit to me.
- should I just buy some cheap Chinese shit?
>>
File: logitech F310 gamepad.jpg (407 KB, 1920x1572) Image search: [Google]
logitech F310 gamepad.jpg
407 KB, 1920x1572
>>330657421
This Logitech controller right here.
Feels good, and has switch for changing between the old DirectInput and the current Xinput modes, meaning it works well on games of all ages.
>>
>>330657421
What games are you playing?
If you want high precision, get these things that pop onto the thumbsticks and make them more precise.
>>
Is there any good controllers that have buttons on the back like an xbox elite controllet but not retardedly expensive? I'm playing DMC 3 with the style switcher mod and need more bindings. Back buttons would work wonders since my ring and pinky fingers go mosttly un used.
>>
Steam controller is shit except for very specific use cases like playing RTS from the couch without a mouse.
Best would probably be the Xbone Elite, though it's probably not worth the price. It has some more sturdy shit, but some of the shit that should be sturdy is just as sturdy as the regular Xbone one.
Most logical is the regular Xbone I think. At least if you get the v2 with the jack input, that has better shoulder buttons.
>>
So I need a controller to use for only platformers with a good pad, any suggestions?
>>
>>330659015
I like the Wii Classic Pro's D-pad. But you need an extra adapter to be able to plug it into a PC. And it has no analogue triggers or clickable sticks. Some people seem to not like the D-pad either.
>>
>>330658549
final fantasies, want to replay mgr, ori, stuff like that, games that were designed to be played on pads
>>
>>330658184

Don't listen to this cheap cuck. Just get the wired xbox 360 controller and get it over with
>>
>>330657421
>Is it better in terms of compatibility?

yes.
>>
Get a 360 pad.

DS3/4 have some issues with some games.

Steam controller looks stupid but could be great.
>>
>>330657421
get the dualshock 4, i had the xbone controller for pc and the dpad started malfunctioning. it's literally fucking impossible to get a replacement from microshit, avoid like the plague.
>>
File: 1438386621355.jpg (177 KB, 900x1098) Image search: [Google]
1438386621355.jpg
177 KB, 900x1098
Try this.

>>330659015
For that try hori fc4 or new fc
>>
>>330659682
>cheap cuck
>rather pays 50 bucks for a gamepad that does not work on anything made before 2006
It's the main reason I still keep my older Logitech even after purchasing the Xbox-pad. And I only got it because I got it for mere 12 munnies.
>>
>>330659517
I'd get a DS4. It has the best dpad and is more comfortable than the 360 controller. With the xbone controller I wouldn't even bother. It is too small, has a shit pad.

If you want a more cost effective device, get a third party 360 knockoff with a good dpad.
>>
have a ps4 and xbone elite controller, I much prefer the offset sticks
>>
>>330658184
I have this controller, while not that satisfying to play on, it absolutely works for everything.
Easy to detect, easy to map, literally a plug and play controller.
>>
>>330657421
>pad
Literally fucking shoot yourself
>>
>>330660303
And DS 4 isn't? I'm curious.
>>
>>330658184
This thing is bloody great.
>cheap as fuck
>great d-pad
>xinput/dinput switch
>left stick/d-pad switch
The only thing that's not too great are the sticks, but they're workable.
>>
Since this thread is up what are some good suggestions for a good pc fight stick?
>>
>>330657421
X360/Xbone for ease of setup/compatability.

If you don't need analog triggers, get WiiU Pro and a cheap bluetooth dongle.

If you're on a budget probably go with that logitech one.

Every DS4 I've seen has the rubber on the sticks falling off so personally I'd avoid those.
>>
>>330657421
I really like the WiiU Pro controller, but it doesnt have analog triggers.
Which ironically, is a good and bad things. Nice for games that need it, but unfortunate for games that do.
>>
Have had a wired x360 controller for years, 5+
Never had a problem, nothing's broken, like new, works great. Would recommend.
>>
DS4 is a star. Really comfy, good button layout, fun touchpad to mouse with. DS4 windows is the only program you need, and it's lightweight and very thorough, you can chose what color you want the light to be for instance.

If you can't afford the DS4 get a 360 pad or a Logitech F310/F710, but be wary they have a slight deadzone in the analog sticks and the triggers while analog are pretty stiff.

>>330662008
>Every DS4 I've seen has the rubber on the sticks falling off so personally I'd avoid those.

That was a problem with the first production run, they're fine now.
>>
>>330657421
>is it worth to pay a bit more and get Steam Controller? It looks like shit to me.

Not until they put a physical dpad

It's actually superior to the rest though due to the ultimate customization
>>
>>330662571
This. I've had the Steam controller for a week now. It's great for almost anything except games that need precise d-pad inputs. DPs in fighting games are close to impossible, and I tried this a lot.
They should have just put a good d-pad where the analog stick is. I barely use it.
>>
>>330662735
I havent used the Steam controller yet, but isnt that analog stick completely useless? I feel like a right analog stick would be more helpful than a left one

When will they let us customize our controllers with removable parts
>>
>>330663279
I only use it with games that require so many buttons that I put them on the left touchpad. Otherwise I use the touchpad as the analog stick and don't use the actual stick at all. A d-pad would just have been way more useful.
>>
>>330663457
Ya, sounds like you would've just put those extra buttons to the D-Pad then
Sounded goofy the moment I saw it
>This thing is WAY better than an analog stick
>But here's an analog stick anyways
>>
>is it better in terms of compatability

If you have a windows PC then yeah, but installing SCP package is super duper easy. However you'll have to find mods for games to change the Xbox buttons to PlayStation, unless you can deal with it.
>>
>>330658184
Can you use that logitech with Dolphin? (as a wiimote?)
>>
>>330663729
This. As a former sonyfag pressing the 'X' in quick time events can be very confusing at first
>>
>>330664127
It doesn't have any motion controls if that's what you're asking. Other than that it functions as a 360 pad.
If you want a good controller for Dolphin I can honestly recommend the Steam Controller. Setup is a bitch, since you need to set your controls in big picture and in dolphin, but the dual stage triggers and gyro controls work really well for dolphin.
>>
>>330657421
Steam controller here. Wouldn't change it for the world.
>>
>>330662008
out of 360 vs XBone what do you recommend in terms of compatibility?
>>
File: Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg (2 MB, 3640x2020) Image search: [Google]
Wii-Classic-Controller-White.jpg
2 MB, 3640x2020
>>330664454
>motion controls
since there's also a normal wii gamepad, I suppose you can configure the logitech gamepad as well
>>
>>330664127
of course you can, but for motion controls, the mouse's the better choice.
>>
>>330665281
So i should play No more Heroes with mouse and keyboard?
>>
>>330665621
I dunno. I only ever played it on PS3
>>
>>330665621
NMH2 supports controller

NMH1, you may be able to assign the IR pointer to the right stick and the "masturbate" motion to a button.
>>
>>330658806
Anyone?
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.