[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
But.. but /v/ said it was bad!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3
File: 4356213521.jpg (111 KB, 960x503) Image search: [Google]
4356213521.jpg
111 KB, 960x503
But.. but /v/ said it was bad!
>>
>>330657285
you done shilling?
>>
/v/ talks shit 70% of the time.
Anyway, is it fun?
>>
>>330657285
>trusting steam reviews, ever
>>
Because it is bad, casuals just enjoy eating shit.
>>
>>330657285
It appeals to the average person who just wants to do some meaningless grinding to kill time, for a total of about 50 hours or so
>>
"mostly positive" is the second lowest rating in Steam review scale, the lowest being mixed.
>>
>>330657498
/v/ is a casual haven
>>
>>330657514

I don't think I'll play it, but don't imply time used playing one videogame over another is well spent.
>>
>>330657285
>70%
That's pretty bad. And considering that this game is a casualfest - i'm kinda surprised.
>>
>>330657570
that is not true in the slightest.

but you probably shouldn't buy a "mostly positive" triple A game.
>>
But it's an over functioning, if not bland title, when there's nothing else to buy.

The real test will be see the player count once the overthetopmarketing ends. If it goes all star wars battle front you'll have your real answer. If it is still played then it wasn't that bad.

Simple really
>>
>>330657285
>Unfinished garbage by Ubisoft
I don't need any reviews from Ubisoft shills and casual twitch streamers to know it's shit.
>>
>>330657452

The amount of adverts for this game is beyond belief. They've got the poor fucking NEET tuber and Twitch armies literally going at it doe 24 hour shifts; they must be pretty desperate to score with this title after the Rainbow Six flop

It's worth watching streamers now just to laugh at the poor bastards forced to play it for days at a time in exchange for burger money
>>
>>330657285
>Be at school
>classmates talk about division
>"You getting it anon?"
>Tell them the beta bored me to death
>They all preordered it for ps4
>Tell me to get PS4
>I tell them I have a PC and recently got a PS2 to play some exclusives I've missed out on
>"Top kek anon you live in 1998 or what?"
>Get called a fag

This is your average Division player.
>>
>>330657915
>>Be at school
Stopped reading there.
>>
>>330657979
Yeah, Uni m8.
>>
>>330657915
>Be at school
>Get called a fag
ftfy
>>
I had a choice between this and a Korean MMO.

I picked the Koreans.
>>
>>330658030
loser
>>
>>330657915
>getting a PS2 when you can just emulate it if you have gaming PC
anon but you are a fag
>>
>>330658030
Don't try and cover it up, all ages are allowed on /reddi-I mean /v/!
>>
>>330658030
i bet you are majoring in social studies aren't you?
>>
>>330657915
Just replaced some cables my ps2 needed, gonna hook that bad boy up and play the Onimusha games
>>
>>330658130
Engineering actually.
>>
>>330658263
more like EnginQUEERing faggot.
>>
>>330657915
Why wouldn't you just emulate the ps2 games with a superior PC? The games look a lot better and spending money on old games only gives money to stores who have stock left over.
>>
>>330658693
I do, but not every game emulates well enough.
>>
>1% away from the red "mixed"
>>
>>330657285
It was at 45% a few hours ago

Im calling bullshit. Valve got forced to change it, or Ubishills are bumping it up, but thats not a legit score.
>>
>>330657285
>only retards buy
>only retards review

where's your argument faggot ?

people who buy from ubishit is no way sane/mature.
>>
>>330658862
But a bunch of negative reviews from kneejerking faggots crying about (fixed) day one server problems or "just cos I hate Ubisoft lol" are "legit"?
>>
>>330658130
>Being called a faggot in social studies
>Ever
>>
>>330658978
The reviews are never legit. This is just proof its tampering.

Retarded shill. Fuck off.
>>
>>330657915

You have to be 18 to post on this board.
>>
>>330657915
i dont believe that anyone would talk to freak like you
>>
Go back and play for 5 days straight and come back to tell me The Division is still "fun"
>>
>>330658030
Can't handle the bantz, anon?
>>
>>330657285
It is just Diablo 3 but with guns instead of skills. That really is all it is. The Dark Zone even has torment levels.

The game has basically no complexity of any sort. There are three stats, DPS (DPS for guns dear lord...) Health and Skill Power. The other shit is the default crit chance/damage, accuracy, magazine size etc. but as with all games with such simplistic design, your success appears to completely revolve around weapon damage. The same shit design as D3.

Stacking weapon damage, crit chance and crit damage is the entire aim of the game and everything else is insignificant. It's another one of those games that saw fit to include the diabolical "downed state" mechanic, which of course means that on the higher torment levels, everyone spends a good portion of their time on the floor or reviving people.

Because of the setting, the enemies and their variations are incredibly bland. Shoot from afar, shoot from up close or throw grenades. When coupled with the fact that everything has completely retarded AI in the MMO style of stand around and face tank everything, the only variables to scale are their health and how much damage they do. For a final cherry on the cake, pointlessly being a cover shooter, it appears to suffer from the same exact thing most cover shooters suffer from. If you're not in "PRESS X TO COVER" you get obliterated, so there is no real choices in how you fight the enemy. You sprint around from cover to cover, trying to kill the worst enemies until you start to get overwhelmed and then you run around popping medpacks as they come off cooldown until you eventually go down and require aid.

It's just complete shit.
>>
>>330659334
Before people do the inevitable "lol git gud or make yourself tougher lol" there is no point. The game gets easier as you do more damage as that is the only important stat. You run around doing the same shit until the difficulty you are engaged in becomes a cake walk and then you move it up, get downed a lot, get higher damage, cake walk, repeat ad nauseum. It's not about builds or skill, just higher damage.
>>
>>330657285

Don't all games on steam have "mostly positive" score? The only ones I've seen have mixed or bad reviews are unfinished and/or unplayable.
>>
File: we approve of this.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
we approve of this.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>330658518
nice
>>
>>330657396
I didn't enjoy the beta at all. Really boring TPS with blandest of summer action plot. There's a virus in the city? Looters and gangs run free shooting at the military? I'm sure you run into terries, but I'm not sure how different it will be since the gangs already have grenades and machine guns. There's an interesting bit where you don't know whether to trust other players with your loot like in DayZ or Rust etc, but it's nearly always just a quick shootout based on DPS, oh yeah, gear matters.
>>
File: the_truth.jpg (2 MB, 2800x2700) Image search: [Google]
the_truth.jpg
2 MB, 2800x2700
>>330657452
>trusting anyones reviews, ever
>>
>>330659891
>trusting people
remember to shoot anyone that looks at you
>>
>>330659994
you're getting it
>>
>>330660189
What if he looks in a mirror?
>>
>They don't know

There are websites you can go to, and buy x amount of positive Steam reviews. It's just just Steam reviews though, it's any reviews you can think of.

Hell, these same websites will offer to pay you if you go out and write positive reviews for them. It's pennies per review but they'll pay you for it.
>>
I'm enjoying it for now, but I don't see myself enjoying it at level cap for very long.

Seems ridiculously easy to get good equipment unless you're dedicated and want perfect attributes, which doesn't really serve any purpose. It's not like Diablo where you can spend hours upon hours perfecting gear sets to push harder content or farm more efficiently.
>>
>>330660803
This game cost $50million. If anyone says they're not going to make sure it's a hit by any means necessary they're fools.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Most_expensive_video_games (bottom of the table)
>>
>>330660497
shoot the mirror, then yourself
>>
>>330660803
I heard about this and I'm pretty sure that Chucklefucks fucked around with the ratings in Starbound this way.
>>
>>330660497
how can mirrors be real if you don't trust in them
>>
>>330660497
you're getting it too
>>
>>330657396
Its fun at first but than you open your eyes about how mundane the missions are much like Destiny. I think this is the type of game thats only fun if you have someone to play it with.
>>
>>330661116

It's common knowledge by now anon.

The websites work in a way that you go upto them, and basically pay $10,000 for 1000 positive reviews. Then these websites will say to their members (of which anyone can sign up) "got this product? Earn 10c by giving it a good review".

The guy I live with has been doing it for years. He mostly sticks to reviewing games, movies and music because they're easy to pirate and hard to keep track of ownership. He earns hundreds of dollars a year (probably more) by writing quick user reviews for shit.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.