[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are people who prefer Sonic to Mario just being ironic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: mario-vs-sonic[1].jpg (36 KB, 412x317) Image search: [Google]
mario-vs-sonic[1].jpg
36 KB, 412x317
Are people who prefer Sonic to Mario just being ironic?
>>
No, Mario games just weren't available in my country at the time

Also I like his design and games better

Sonic Generations, Colors, Advance 1 & 3, CD and Knuckles were the best games
>>
>>330656608
Do you happen to be brazillian per chance ?
>>
It's Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
sonic 3 has level design unmatched by any 2d mario before and after
>>
it's mostly furries that prefer sonic
>>
>>330657590
unmatched in shittiness yes
>>
>>330656712
yuropoor
>>
>>330656502
No it's mental illness
>>
Wario > Sonic > Mario
>>
2D Sonic > 2D Mario
3D Mario > 3D Sonic
>>
>>330659606
>>330659667
I believe that you retards believe that you're right
>>
Despite all the bullshit regarding furries, green eyes, and autism, Sonic actually has very effective character design. It's simple, unique, and he has solid character traits of speed and cool attitude.

Hell, his character alone is the only thing keeping the franchise alive at this point.
>>
no, they are entirely different games that just happen to be in the same genre. it's like asking if people preferring Paper Mario to Final Fantasy are being ironic.
>>
>>330660000
What's up with all the wasted GETS lately?
>>
>>330660815
How is a correct view point wasted?
>>
>>330659002
Are you gypsy?
>>
>>330661219
he's probably some butthurt shitposter complaining that he wasn't making an ebin "get"

if he wants that he should go to s4s
>>
>>330661263
Nuh, slavic
>>
>>330656502
I never liked the art, the gameplay was frustrating and the music very irritating. Mario all the way.
>>
>>330661492
Super Mario is one of the most frustrating games I've ever played
>>
I think it's the character design for a lot of people. Sonic was actually designed, Mario is just the result of technical necessity, and it shows.

I won't argue about gameplay these days, but back in the 16 bit era Mario and Sonic were close. Sonic always had way better graphics though. Super Mario World looked like shit compared to Sonic.

Again, that's probably down to better character and world design.
>>
>>330661862
>but back in the 16 bit era
that's when sonic games were absolute dogshit. classic sonic fanboys are the worst. they don't understand that sonic adventure is where sonic started to get better. the graphics are a matter of preference as sonic 16-bit graphics are messy shit and the graphical style isn't good either except for the character design. super mario world graphics are superior to any sonic. i'm not sure what you mean by world design.
>>
>>330662430
meant obviosuly that 16-bit sonic graphics are messy shit
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.