[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.destructoid.com/pokken-t ournament-is-more-compli
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: 1457505006942.jpg (278 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457505006942.jpg
278 KB, 1920x1080
http://www.destructoid.com/pokken-tournament-is-more-complicated-than-tekken-might-be-deeper-348255.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Are they right, /v/?
>>
File: 1452851953425.jpg (173 KB, 920x900) Image search: [Google]
1452851953425.jpg
173 KB, 920x900
DELETE THIS

POKKEN IS A PARTY GAME AND NOTHING ELSE
>>
>>330654475
I personally played the game o arcades and i don't think it is that complicated. Them again i didn't see anyone else playing the game, not even during the weekends so it is hard to say.
>>
>Cukken Tournament

I'll leave you to your black dick.
>>
>Trying to win over the tourneyfags, the absolutely worst fanbase in video games

IT'S NOT EXACTLY LIKE MELEE SO WE HATE IT
IT'S NOT EXACTLY LIKE SF2 SO WE HATE IT
FUCK THIS GENRE LET IT DIE FOR A DECADE WHO CARES
>>
Wasn't aware of the overhead, anti-air and low triangle, such a weird way of implementing that.
>>
>>330655020
randomly putting the word cuck in your post doesn't mean you're right about anything.
>>
>>330656313
I didn't even know the game had overheads.
>>
Is this game good?
>>
>>330656706
If you check the movesets the characters all have a whole bunch of aerials
>>
>>330655203
Don't be a faggot. I don't go to tourneys, but I like games to have a high skill ceiling because I'm not a retard so games with low challenge tend to leave me unsatisfied.

Btw I play Smash with items because it does require a lot of skill, but people who hate Brawl and 4 for casualizing the series are correct.
>>
>>330658739
How come people say Smash was casualized after Brawl, when the series is already casualized, ever since 64, because it started out as a party game, and not really a fighting game?
>>
>>330658890
"Party game" and "fighting game" not mutually exclusive, idiot.

You throw labels and memes around, but the reality is Melee has an incredibly high skill ceiling.
>>
>>330654891
Maybe because you played in the arcades which doesn't have all the features the Wii U has
>>
>>330654475
I feel like the Counter VS Attack VS Grab triangle is a good fighting frame. I feel like they were trying to mirror the typing triangles in the main games.
>>
>>330658113
That's a weird way of calling air attacks.
>>
The only thing that pisses me off about this game is that shit, saturday-morning anime look the trainers have.

I know it's how Pokémon anime looks and that shitty style appeals to children, but I can tolerate it at best.

It's like when Dawn of Sorrow had that shitty anime instead of those wonderful illustrations from SOTN.
>>
>>330659086
>"Party game" and "fighting game" not mutually exclusive, idiot.
This, really. Marvel 3 in particular fits this as well.
>>
>>330659465
it's the standard fighting game triangle

>>330659652
it's an easy style to make customization options
>>
>>330654475
shofu seems to like it
http://youtu.be/5VEDEZcfQIY
>>
>>330659796
>it's an easy style to make customization options

I would've preferred 3D models. That's just as easy to throw clothes on, like in Tekken.
>>
>>330659086
>"Party game" and "fighting game" not mutually exclusive
I know, that's why I said "not really a fighting game.".

>the reality is Melee has an incredibly high skill ceiling.
It does have, but not purposeful. Melee is still a party game like any other Smash game, with the difference of having more fighting elements because of the exploits. The point I'm trying to make was that Smash was always a casual series.

>You throw labels and memes around
Genres are a meme?
>>
>>330659917
too much effort for something that doesn't even emote or move
>>
What does the Mewtwo card do?
>>
>>330654475
>Destuctoid suddenly likes Pokken
Werent they the ones who first spread the rumor about the game flopping in arcades and being unable to use anything other than Gamepad/Pokken controller in the Wii U version? What happened?
>>
>>330659987
early unlock for shadow mewtwo

>>330660052
tpci's check cleared
>>
>>330659963
Everything you're saying is stupid, based on faulty logic, but I'm not interested in teaching you anything.
>>
Its kind of weird because everyone I'm talking about don't want this game in EVO, and when I ask why the only answer I get is because it's flopping in Japan's arcades.

The game looks decent if you ask me. Do people just not want new fighting games? Are they turned off by the pokemon-theme? Is it the phase shift?
>>
I have a friend that played it in japan.

He didn't like it, it was a spam of super armor attacks.
>>
>>330660052

quality control has really gone downhill on dtoid lately, they post rumors and shit after they've already been debunked lel
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 240x322) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 240x322
>While Nintendo may have ended up with more a crowd-pleaser if it had diverted the budget for Pokkén to a Pokémon Snap sequel
Why is mainstream gaming journalism so awful?
>>
>>330660357
All the above.
>>
>>330660357
>when I ask why the only answer I get is because it's flopping in Japan's arcades.
Those guys are retards. Pokken Tournament has regularly been in the Top 10 arcade machines in Japan. iirc in December it was #6 because Luigi's Mansion.
>>
>>330654475
I'm getting Pokken but I'll believe it's complicated/has a good amount of depth when I play it
>>
>>330654475
Played it in a Jap arcade.
Really fun and the controls are pretty expansive, like you can chain a lot of stuff.
Only bad thing I guess is the roster, too small.
>>
>>330660357
All the Youtubers who got early access from Nintendo are praising the game. And no I'm not talking about some Amerifat Pokemon fans. I'm talking about dozens upon dozens of channels from all over the world going crazy over this game.
>>
>>330660132
What did I say that's stupid? Smash was and will always be a casual series. I'm not denying it also has fighting elements, I'm just saying that the people who say Smash was casualized after Brawl are wrong, because Smash was always casualized.
>>
>>330660357
Probably the second one. They see it's Pokemon and are like "ewww isn't that shit for little kids?". They start being afraid of losing their hardcore gamurr cred, so they go online and complain.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.