[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Wayforward (specifically Matt Bozon and the Shantae team)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: samus_by_mattbozon.jpg (343 KB, 628x1113) Image search: [Google]
samus_by_mattbozon.jpg
343 KB, 628x1113
What if Wayforward (specifically Matt Bozon and the Shantae team) did the next Metroid, and it had this artstyle.
>>
That'd be cool.
>>
>>330628074
That looks like garbage though
>>
>>330628074
No, I like Shantae games

and no

just

no

and that artsyle has nothing to do with it
>>
File: 1446151385664.jpg (176 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
1446151385664.jpg
176 KB, 700x933
>>330628074
Abdomen and chest area is fucked up
Rest is fine
>>
>>330628074
it'll fuck up the series even moreso
>>
File: 1456276741594.png (8 KB, 288x420) Image search: [Google]
1456276741594.png
8 KB, 288x420
>>330628197

That's not an answer, anon.
>>
I don't think Wayforward are really anything special. They're good, but they just don't have that special something that pushes them over into amazing.
>>
>>330628074
That artstyle doesn't fit Metroid
It would be almost as bad as Federation Force
>>
>>330628074

Wayforward makes great games, and the Shantae series is a great Metroid-like, but their usual style is too chibi for it to work.

HOWEVER, if they were to do a hand-drawn 2D art style similar to their work on A Boy and His Blob, Ducktales Rematered, or Batman: tBatB, it could work. Just as long as they never use a chibi style. Stylized is fine, like Double Dragon Neon, but never chibi.
>>
>>330628447

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse was spectacular, I thought. All the Shantae games were great, but that one was just phenomenal
>>
>>330628074
the game would probably be good but look completely wrong
>>
Wayforward should be in charge of a new Wario Land.
>>
>>330629970

I'd support this 100%.
>>
>>330628074
The mazes would be short and boring, but it would probably be the best Metroid title in years.
Seriously, the games are fun, but they are pretty light for exploration platformers.
>>
Metroid isn't supposed to look cutesy.

It works for Shantae, but not Metroid
>>
Get Treasure to make it. They need work
>>
>>330628074
give them Wario instead
>>
>>330628074
This looks like crap so I wouldn't support it. Metroid games aren't supposed to be cute looking. At least not until you best the game fast enough or collect enough upgrades to unlock some cool art or see her take off her suit. I'd like them to do a Wario game. The Shantae world setup could work really well for Wario game.
>>
>>330630759
>the best Metroid title in years
It's not like that would be a hard thing to achieve. All it would have to do is beat out Metroid Prime 3, and that was probably the weakest of the Prime series (although I know a lot of people didn't like 2 because they couldn't git gud).

>tfw Metroid Fusion came out almost 15 years ago
>>
https://youtu.be/UFW4fOyEjlI?t=5m
>That art style
Wayforward has shown they can make a Metroid like game.
>>
>>330628074

Depends in how on how they handle it.

Likely better than what Nintendo does with Metroid now.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.