[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't more games like this? This is basically all of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 18l2tmydg9rvkjpg[1].jpg (95 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
18l2tmydg9rvkjpg[1].jpg
95 KB, 636x358
Why aren't more games like this? This is basically all of the best parts of RuneScape improved and tossed into a themepark world.

Hell, I'd argue it's borderline sandbox.

Do devs realise how many people would kill for an MMO with these mechanics?
>>
>>330625640
I thought it was pretty boring to be honest. It starts up really fucking slow.
>>
>>330625640
It's an amazing game, but for an MMO to work, the world would need to be fucking huge so zones wouldn't be swamped with 1,000+ players all trying to get the same boss drop.

I'd honestly just want a singleplayer game with the ability to hop into friend's worlds minecraft-server style.

>>330625842
It really does start out slow, but after chapter 3 in the story (Port Puerto) the whole game opens up to you and from there it's just "Do whatever the fuck you want. The story's here if you want it."
>>
>>330626026
>Do whatever the fuck you want. The story's here if you want it.

Buying now. More games should do this.

E-Shop or physical copy?
>>
The only thing it's really missing is something time-related like needing 24 hours for a farm to grow or something. Other than that, being able to build your own house would be nice.

The buyable houses are cool, but I wanted to plant a house on the snow mountain.
>>
The story started out decent but it went to shit and it doesn't help that the last few chapters are just cutscenes and a small battle
>>
But it isn't all the best parts of runescape, since there's no PvP and the online is dead
its just a grinding simulator with literally no end game
>>
>>330625640
>sequel is a fucking mobile game
>>
>>330625640
The Rune Factory series is really good. It's a harvest moon spinoff with mining, farming, forging, crafting, cooking, etc. Also has RPG elements and you can tame monsters and have them fight for your and give you useful stuff (like taming a buffamoo or cow gives you milk each day.)
>>
The only good game Level-5 has ever made is Dragon Quest VIII.
>>
This game is good, but it became boring after a while, specially when I discovered that all non-fighting jobs are exactly the same thing with different animations, same QTE shit.
Also the OST was the worst. I think it was Nobuo Uematsu the guy behind it? It's gotta be his worst job if it's true.
>>
File: image.jpg (84 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84 KB, 540x960
>>330625640
I remember playing with a couple of buds a couple of years ago. While they went if to be mages and Knights, I became a lowly chef. I was content with the baby's first cooking mama mini game and found it cathartic. I remember leveling up to to the 4th-ish rank of chef and ending up in Port Puerto where I was able to make an expensive as fuck meal that was made from the cheap. dirty fish the markets sold. I was rolling in A cool 1 million Dosh 2 days later, boasting to my friends the financial success of my career. That's why I love this game.
>>
>>330628530
>a couple of years ago
What this game just came out a few months ag-
>NA release October 2014
Oh fuck what the hell happened to 2015.
>>
I'd love one of these on a larger scale. Throw it on the Wii U (or what ever they're doing next) and make it bigger, more lives, houses, more interesting quests for each life, more pets that kind of stuff. Also Al'Maajik is the comfiest town theme in any game ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTmoEe-ZAgc
>>
File: don't wake him up.jpg (2 KB, 124x112) Image search: [Google]
don't wake him up.jpg
2 KB, 124x112
>Fantasy Life 2 on mobile only
>>
>>330629518
post more music
>>
This game was basically just bite sized FFXI.
>>330626026
FFXI thrived for like 10+ years on 1000+ players trying to get the same boss drop. The key is to implement other content/areas worth spending your time on.
>>
How grindy is it?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.