[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
I want to die
>>
File: J U S T.png (602 KB, 789x911) Image search: [Google]
J U S T.png
602 KB, 789x911
JUST
>>
File: img.jpg (25 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
25 KB, 300x225
Watching Super Paper Mario is making me inclined to agree.
>>
Just let it be a good game on it's own merits you fucking snobs
>>
>>330621238

sticker star wasn't even a good game and lacked any notable merits outside of the music

this new game is shaping up to be pretty much the same thing so I have extremely low expectations
>>
>>330620191
Least Bowser is cute.
>>
Nice when did Paper Mario death become a meme?
>>
I'll suck my brother's dick if they pull a 3D World and the second trailer shows a lot more interesting shit to make actually like the game
>>
>>330621696
I'll suck your brothers dick too.
>>
>>330622107
For a better Paper Mario, right?
>>
>>330622148
Lol, paper Mario can burn. Where's that dick?
>>
File: 1403554132777.gif (1 MB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1403554132777.gif
1 MB, 460x345
>>330622148
>>
>>330621404

The only thing the game really needs to make it atleast "Sticker Star Done Right"

is

>Unique settings

>Make the battles more engaging to actually bother with
>>
>>330621238
Look, I tried to like Sticker Star, I really did. It wasn't the Paper Mario I wanted, but I wanted to pretend like it was enjoyable. I eventually hit a point where I just gave up. It's not even a good game on its own accord, anon.
>>
>>330622148

Did you read?

Im not a super cynical asshole

I can like Color Splash on it's own if it shows me that it can do good shit

The reveal was really fucking stupid and small

I want to see more
>>
File: 15642834372.gif (639 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
15642834372.gif
639 KB, 500x281
>>330622420
"Sticker Star done right" is just Sticker Star not done at all.
>>
>>330622421

>I tried

You didn't try enough

Don't go into the game expecting some sort of Paper Mario miracle

It's a fucking Puzzle game withPsuedo RPG elements
>>
>>330622421
I don't know why but I pushed through to the final boss.

The game suddenly reveals mid-fight with the Whomp that it's weak to scissors. I don't have scissors in my stickers. So, I could die and restart, just reset the game and go back to get a scissors sticker, or waste half my stickers whittling down his huge HP pool since he's weak to nothing else.

Game in trash. Never finished it. Don't know why the hell I stuck with it, was I trying to like it?
>>
>>330619150
IKTF, B
>>
>>330622634
>you're not playing it the right way

Fuck off. I know a bad game when I play one.
>>
>>330622634
well if the devs didn't want people to expect a good Paper Mario game, they shouldn't have made it a fucking Paper Mario game, eh?
>>
Paper Mario is now the universal mark of awful, lazy, modern Nintendo design.

SPM was the beginning of the end, while it wasn't a terrible game it was also pretty bland and safe, and lacked a lot of what Mario RPGs used to offer.

Sticker Star was so bad no one can even defend it.

Paper Jam was the blandest and worst M&L game to date. The writing and "plot" were as soulless by the numbers Mario as you can get, when the M&L series has always been about quirky inventive humor.

PM is dead and he's trying to drag others down with him.
>>
>>330622634
Paper Mario combat was always moronically simple. It's more the fact it's essentially a reboot into the main series' lack of interesting continuity that makes me angry.
>>
>>330623168
>SPM was the beginning of the end, while it wasn't a terrible game it was also pretty bland and safe, and lacked a lot of what Mario RPGs used to offer.

Only mechanically. You literally "die" and get sent into Hades at one point.
>>
>>330619150
What is it with nintendo and killing their IPs?
>animal crossing is amiibo trash
>fire emblem is waifushit
>smash bros is casual DLCfest
>paper mario is no longer an rpg series
>metroid is never getting a real game again
>f-zero is literally dead
>pokemon is getting worse and unoriginal
>zelda is just remakes, the only new game has no news
>kid icarus is dead again
>star fox is garbage
>xenoblade got an inferior sequel
>everything else is irrelevant or a mediocre spinoff

Where did it all go wrong, /v/? Does nintendo have any good IPs left?
>>
>>330621696
I'd fuck your boipussies if it's good
>>
The biggest crime in my mind will always be getting rid unique looking NPCs just to have copy pasted Toads instead.
>>
>>330623343
>fire emblem is waifushit

How to instantly spot someone who shouldn't be allowed to have opinions on anything.
>>
>>330623438
shut up, feetposter

there's a serious problem when all of the main characters look like they jumped out of a high school anime, and they LITERALLY PUT A FUCKING FACE-RUBBING MINI GAME IN IT
>>
>>330623343
Pikmin is still safe, at least until miyamoto decides to add some gimmick to make it "fresh" and "innovative"
>>
>>330623538
>feetposter
>no one mentioned feet

Anon go get help, I think you might have a serious mental condition. Also, if you're triggered by "weird creepy Japanese things" there are better places to complain.
>>
>>330623538
Dude did you play any of the old ones? They've always been fucking waifu fests and they've always been full of highschoolers.
>>
>>330623697
Even Pikmin 3 felt sort of safe and unmemorable compared to the other two. It was good, but it didn't really build on 2 that much, not the way that 2 built on 1. Hell, I'm one of the fags that liked the dungeon-crawling focus 2 had, so I guess 3 being disappointing in comparison is sort of a given.

They better have a Piklopedia in 4 with cooking and biological notes.
>>
>>330623343
i have no idea what happened with nintendo. everything they've released in the past year has been super lazy, rushed and unoriginal
>>
>>330623762
Do you think it'd be well-received or fitting if XCOM put in a mini-game where you tenderly touched and rubbed your squad members?
>>
>>330623343
Bad example but it's like when that episode of the FLimpsons when Ned Flanders takes over the school and everything falls apart. Too many people like Miyamoto or Tanabe who'd normally be on a leash being let out to funnel money into their insane idea guys projects instead of sticking to what worked.
>>
>>330623812
They had fantasy eugenics pairings in 4 and supports since 6, but nothing to modern extent
They brought back the most popular character designs as 'new' characters in fates, didn't they? That is far beyond anything they've done before.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.