[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's considered the best Zelda game by shear fun factor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: 91MEVIjA-UL._SL1500_.jpg (394 KB, 1500x1372) Image search: [Google]
91MEVIjA-UL._SL1500_.jpg
394 KB, 1500x1372
What's considered the best Zelda game by shear fun factor / likability? none of that OoT nostalgia bullshit, I want legit facts 100% non opinion.

You can totally measure fun factor.
>>
>>330615153
Nice buzzwords
Saged
>>
Twilight Princess goes 500% fun once you get double hookshots
>>
>>330615153
wind waker
>>
>>330615153
>fun factor
>>330615285
What this guy said.
>likability
It's between Link's Awakening and WW.
>>
>>330615153
I'm sorry autismo, but you'll get nothing but opinions here.
>>
>>330615285
>>330615729
Is the HD remake good? I think I hated twilight princess because of all the bullshit waggle gimmick I had to do, wait or was that skyward sword?

didn't both use waggle gimmicks?

The HD one just uses the wii U pad right? no waggle? is it good?
>>
File: Byakugan!.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Byakugan!.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
The original Zelda.

If you can't have fun because a game is old, you need to stop playing video games asap.
>>
File: header.jpg (50 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
50 KB, 460x215
So glad they announced a "sequel" in BattleRite
>>
>>330615153
Different people find different things fun.
>>
>>330616090
the gamecube version had no waggle.

the wii version was an awful offender, the prime example of why wagglan was bad, since "waggle the controller" did exactly the same thing a button did in the gamecube version.

the HD version doesn't even let you use wagglan even if you want to, sword is bound to a button. there is gyroscope for bow and hookshot aiming, it works well but if you are stubborn about it, it can be turned off.
>>
>>330616090
>is it good?
No not really, they fucked up Epona and the combat. It's ONLY worth it if you really want the gamepad additions. The rest can be emulated.
>>
Sailing in Wind Waker was fun. It can be boring, but zoning out and watching things appear over the horizon really appeals to me.
>>
>>330615153
ocarina. fuck you. it is the most fun 3D zelda. but if you're gonna be a pansay ass faggot, majoras mask and wind waker offer different "fun" experiences. you may or may not enjoy them. Link's Awakening IMO is the best 2D zelda, and one that everyone needs to play
>>
>>330615153
>You can totally measure fun factor.
Not for this series you can't.

Most people would find Wind Waker easiest to get into though, followed by OOT.
>>
>>330615153
Majoras mask in my opinion. Play as multiple masks, different masks to throw on and do different things.
>>
>>330617904
it's a very low-content game where NPC sidequests contribute more to game time than dungeons do. I think it's a really good game, but it was made in a year and it shows.
>>
Hyrule Warriors
>>
>>330615153
>you can totally measure fun factor
Low quality bait
>>
I'd say Majora's Mask as well. Sure, there's no Zelda but no other series game even comes close to handling the dark shit that MM does. You get all the good stuff from OoT but improved.

One of few games not to rehash the same tripe formula and I appreciate that, even if it's not aged perfectly.

Skyward Sword is the worst fucking game in the series.
>>
Not a 3D one, I'll tell you that.

2D Zeldas have always been superior.
>>
I personally think A Link To The Past is the best game ever
>>
File: 1346211520111.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1346211520111.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
>>330615153
Pretty much any of the 2D games except Zelda 2

>>330620812
Majora's Mask doesn't come even close to being the best of the seires in terms of the "fun factor" Though I too respect it for what it is and succeeding at what it tries to be.
>>
Majora's Mask. Sure it's sidequest the game, but it's the first and really only Zelda game where I felt attached to any of the NPCs. It also nailed it's dark atmosphere to a T

It's a shame Nintendo fags hated Majora's Mask and Windwaker when they came out. People keep crying for something different from Zelda games, yet complain when a game isn't what they remembered from the franchise. No wonder why Nintendo does fuck all for innovation anymore.
>>
Most fun 3d game is OoT, absolutly no competition.

>inb4 nostalgia meme

Most fun 2d is alot harder, but i think its the oracle games
>>
>>330621184
There really isnt much to the npcs.
>>
>>330621046
>Pretty much any of the 2D games except Zelda 2
Zelda 2 is by far the most fun Zelda to play.
>>
>>330621502

Zelda II is just some Castlevania ripoff.

If thats your favorite Zelda, then you dont really like Zelda games. You like Castlevania.
>>
>>330621609
I like both. What's wrong with that?
>>
>>330615153
>none of that OoT nostalgia bullshit,

are you that faggot from earlier who couldn't figure out OoT shortcuts
>>
>>330621609
>Zelda II is just some Castlevania ripoff.
Except for the fact that, you know, it isn't.

Castlevania is pretty baller though.
>>
>>330615153
>fun factor
The most fun I've in a Zelda game is with Oracle Of Age/Seasons. All the combinations you can do with the Items and Rings are so fucking fun.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1457309367000.jpg (14 KB, 540x432) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457309367000.jpg
14 KB, 540x432
>>330616280
If you enjoyed solving cryptic as fuck "puzzles" then sure, Zelda 1 is the most fun in the series.
>>
hey so can you cucks make up your mind already I want to play some FUCKING ZELDA
>>
>>330615153
I really like Oracle of Seasons.
>>
A link between worlds. It was pretty easy but I couldn't put that game down.
>>
>>330621956
just play links awakening you faggot
>>
>>330615153
Zelda isn't about fun anymore. It's about pretentious storytelling and merchandising.
>>
>>330621873
None of the puzzles even come close to cryptic except for the Power Bracelet being hidden under the 8th Armos in the overworld.

With that, nothing in the game is cryptic unless you're just uncultured in language, stupid, or both.
>>
>>330616280
retarded opinion.

People don't dislike the original Zelda because it's old, they dislike it because it wasn't the pinnacle of Zelda gameplay.
>>
>>330621956

Youre gonna get different opinions because each new Zelda brings something new to the table and everyone has different tastes.

Imo,
Best 2D: LttP
Best 3D: OoT
>>
>>330615153
>I want legit facts 100% non opinion.
>by shear fun factor / likability

Clearly it's Legend of Zelda : Skinflute of OP.
>>
>>330615285
I actually can't remember using the double hookshots outside the sky city.
>>
>>330616280
The gameboy games improved on the "original" formula tenfold. The only thing missing was the nonlinearty and only because ALBW proved you either have a difficulty curve or dungeons become all easy as shit.
>>
>>330621873
>burn bomb and hump everything
>puzzles
>>
>>330622771
No they didn't. LA was worse in general compared to LTTP, but added some novelty bits that weren't bad for gameplay. The other two gameboy games too everything possible that was bad and shit all over everything good and came out with two shit stains on the series. Capcom only made good on their third attempt with Minnish which took the very few good things they learned from the previous two and made a more proper Zelda title.
>>
>>330623403
>LA was worse in general compared to LTTP,
explain. besides graphics which are obviously a limitation of the hardware, and sound obviously. LA is better than LTTP because it doens't fuck around between dungeons. you're in, you're out, you're in, you're out. in LttP, the overworld is unnecessarily fuckhuge.
>>
>>330615153
It's still Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>330617174
the OST made it less boring for me, very relaxing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=or8y5EC1_Rs
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.