[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to try out Warcraft RTS but I can't seem to find
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: WarcraftIII.jpg (80 KB, 256x364) Image search: [Google]
WarcraftIII.jpg
80 KB, 256x364
I want to try out Warcraft RTS but I can't seem to find the first two games, does it matter if I start with the third game?
>>
not at all
>>
>>330608350
Not to me, no
>>
The first 2 games including the expansion from 2 are abandonware, so you can download it for free on any abandonware site.
>>
From a story standpoint: Yes, because Warcraft 3 is fucking terrible.

From a gameplay standpoint: Yes, because from a gameplay standpoint its shit.

Warcraft 1 plays like shit, Warcraft 2 is pretty much the best, warcraft 3 is deviant art fanfiction tier and a game of hard counters.
>>
Ignore these nostalgia blinded faggots
Get Warcraft tft
Blizzard is going to release the 2016 patch next week
But 9 days and it will be released in the u.s
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KgBPaj4o5KY
>>
Warcraft 3 was the best of the three, anybody telling you otherwise is a nostalgiafag or just retarded
>>
WC3 is one of my favorite games of all time, and though i haven't played the previous 2 i would say it is very good at standing on its own. Sorry you missed the glory days of battle.net, but the campaigns are still a ton of funj, thanks for reminding me to reinstall
>>
>>330608552
It's also worth noting that you can use Stratagus/Wargus engine-replacer (https://github.com/WARGUS/WARGUS) to play WC2, enabling high resolution support and such like. You need to the original data, though, so you must download the game from somewhere either way.
>>
>>330609282
Oh fuck man..playing all the custom games over battle net was so much extra value fuckin loved hero line wars and footies.
>>
>>330609325
>You will never get a titty fuck from a busty goblin
fuck....
>>
>>330609380
I loved playing footmen frenzy, but damn if island defense wasnt my favorite mode. Still hoping for someone to get that shit done in the new dota 2 custom maps
>>
>>330608350
wait warcraft was an rts?
>>
>>330609512
FOOTMEN FRENZY FUCK YEAH BRAH!
omg takes me the fuck back! alsoit really seems like all the dota custom maps are just gonna be really trivial dumb shit i mean dont get me wrong its still kinda fun but i dont really see anything to the extent of wc3 custom map days.
>>
>>330609898
Azeroth wars anyone ?
Where you control an army made of hundreds aganist other hundreds in lore story ?
>>
>>330609808
Lol you don't know that ?
>>
>>330609898
The makers of element TD did a really great job, and island troll tribes looks really good, even better than the battle.net days, but thats p much all i see that has potential. I hold out hope for Island Defense, but who knows, i guess we'll have to see
>>
>>330609325

I grew up playing Warcraft 1 and 2 and starcraft.

If you want to play an enjoyable and challenging RTS play Brood War. Warcraft 1 and 2 are dated. If you want to play new modern shit play Starcraft 2.

Most Blizzard games suck anyways. WC3 was just the start of the fucking cancer.
>>
>>330610206
I'd say Warcraft 2 BNE is still playable. War craft 1 was kind of always shit.
>>
If you're looking to sperg out on competitive 1v1 get broodwar, but for FFA's, customs and 4v4's TFT is still fucking great
>>
>>330608350
They retcon the story so no, the previous games don't matter.
>>
File: bogman two.jpg (120 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
bogman two.jpg
120 KB, 600x500
>>330610206
>tfw this is exactly how I feel but no one on the internet agrees
>tfw I know it's because I'm old and everyone else thinks wc3 is old school now
>>
>>330610751
If my first RTS's were WC3 and Age of Empires, would it really be worth my time to play WC2 and the first world of warcraft? Don't look through nostalgia glasses, are the games actually that much better?
>>
>>330610751
>tfw knowing this feel
>>
>>330611046

You may find WC2 playable, but WC1 will make you want to kill yourself.
>>
>>330609036
>Best of the 3

True. Thats because the armies actually had flavour and playstyles to them.

WC 1 + 2 they are mirrored.
>>
>>330611046
WC2 is pretty simplistic, but WC3 barely felt like an RTS. That's probably the best way I can describe the difference as someone that went from 2 to 3. WC1 isn't really worth playing at all though.
>>
Warcraft 1 is pretty dated and not really worth playing. Has a few bizarre, archaic mechanics.

Warcraft 2 is solid, but at this point it seems very simple. WC2 and Command and Conquer really laid the foundation for modern RTS games, but there really isn't a lot of interesting stuff there.

Starcraft took what Warcraft 2 did and brought it to the next level. There's nothing in WC2 that SC doesn't do better. Still one of the best RTS games of all time.

For Warcraft 3 they decided to switch up the gameplay instead of just making another iterative improvement. It never really caught on as a competitive game, but it probably has one of the best RTS campaigns ever.
>>
>>330611719
>>330611248
Thanks, I might just give WC2 a shot then
>>
>>330611876
Play command and conquer Red Alert over WC2 if you haven't played it already
>>
>>330611876
If you set a custom game and use AI there is a 50% chance it'll just get confused and give up. So campaign and playing against others unless you just want keks.
>>
>>330611871
Did you just say WC3 never caught on? Have you ever heard of China?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6Za0rZs0Qk&list=PL6DE187CED235E844&index=1

Warcraft 2 had some seriously good music. I don't think anything in 3 was quite as memorable.
>>
>>330612515
Jesus shut up there are like 50k Chinese player who plays it daily and their grammar is horrible
Anyway thanks to them it's alive
And blizzard is going to release a new patch 2 days from now in china and a week from now in USA.
>>
>>330612515
Okay, nowhere relevant. China only played it because it was easy to pirate.
>>
Dude get Warcraft 3
Then get a mod for Warcraft 3 called Warcraft 3 reborn
Changes almost every animation and HD textures makes it look so fucking dope (looks like wow)
And wait few days for the new warcraft patch
>>
>>330613217
>makes it look so fucking dope (looks like wow)

0/10 be more subtle next time
>>
>>330613317
Dude it is an 2002 game..
>>
>>330608350

the first two games are just flavor shit for design history knowledge, everything starts with WC3, everything prior has got retconned lore-wise and there's not much story to begin with, WC3 vanilla and then go for the expansions, have fun
>>
>>330610026

>there will never be a Total War:Warcraft
>>
>>330611871
>It never really caught on as a competitive game

well boo fucking hoo
>>
File: 06.jpg (437 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
06.jpg
437 KB, 1920x1080
How many of you are aware that there is a StarCraft 2 mod attempt to remake WC3?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tisl0V1TkM4
>>
Anyone up for a custom game or two?
>>
>>330616497
>have to support modern Blizzard
>have to download SC2
>SC2 custom scene is dead
>having to deal with that abortion of a custom game mode interface
Pick any number of reasons as to why no one gives a fuck
>>
>>330616497
Looks cool, when's it coming out?
>>
>>330611876

If nothing else, make sure you play the Human campaign in Beyond the Dark Portal. It's the best campaign out of all 5 Warcraft games. On the flip side, if you're going to skip a campaign, skip the Orc BtDP campaign. The ending is incredibly unsatisfying, and most of it what happens is retconned.
>>
Warcraft 4 when
>>
>>330608350
Third one was the worst, mechanically speaking. It matters if you expect to have a positive impression of warcraft, but then you'd only be depressed by how shitty it became.
>>
>>330609332
Thats not really true you can play 2 with out the data. Download wargus unzip and play
http://en.war2.ru/downloads/
>>
>>330608576
>warcraft 3 is deviant art fanfiction tier
No one tell him about WoW
>>
>>330616497
It looks graphically the same as WC3 so what's the fucking point? I'd rather just actually play WC3
>>
>>330616497
Why remake WC2 when WC1,2 could use the remake.
>>
>>330618098
You're an idiot.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.