[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did people hate this game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Shadow_of_Mordor_cover_art.jpg (36 KB, 401x481) Image search: [Google]
Shadow_of_Mordor_cover_art.jpg
36 KB, 401x481
Why did people hate this game?
>>
Gameplay consisting of mashing 1 button and using super power to kill enemy archers.

Depth of a flash game.
>>
>>330597789
who did and why do you care about opinions?
1)it's great
2)it sold well
3)it got good reviews
so stop shitposting about opinions
>>
New /v/ hates everything because they migrated from le ebin /b/ and /b/ thought them you can only be cool if you shit on everything
>>
>>330597789
Combat was shallow, the enemy system was cool at first but got old fast.

That being said the game was extremely fun for the little time that it lasted, and its a good thing that the game wasn't longer.
>>
>>330597789
If it was an original IP, /v/ would love it more
>>
>>330597789
Repetition.
>>
File: knuckers.png (301 KB, 538x490) Image search: [Google]
knuckers.png
301 KB, 538x490
>>330598731
What is your favorite game anon?
>>
>>330598946
All Re games up to 5, 5 excluded all DMC games
>>
>>330598824
>Combat was shallow, the enemy system was cool at first but got old fast.

This is pretty much where most of the hate stems from. The criticisms are legit, but the game is good enough for a 12 hour playthrough. The post game content isn't great but the game is good enough to take you through the story.
>>
>>330597789
Fun for a bit but way too easy and shallow.
>>
>>330599124
>dmc 2

DMC2
M
C
>>
Batman combat but made even easier
Ubisoft style openworld
Bad bosses
Final boss is a QTE

Only nice thing I can say is it ran well on PC.
>>
I can't wait for the inevitable sequel, they'll have fixed everything wrong with it and steal more from batman to make it that much better.
>>
I honestly don't know which camp I hate more

>I hate it because it's popular!

>You only hate it because it's popular!
>>
I enjoyed it. The combat did a great job of looking cool while being shallow as fuck. You could just chill in a stronghold and take on wave after wave of hordes no problem. Maybe that was the point? You are an ancient elven/gondor ranger ghost after all. You did feel strong.
>>
Because it was a utterly shallow game that only had one good thing going for it, and none of that was the combat. If not for the LOTR skin this game would have been utterly ignored by everyone.
>>
>>330597789
It feels like one very stretched out zone of what should have been a larger game.

Also if you're a lorefag it's just awful.
>>
>>330599857
Mordormobile incoming.
>>
Game was mind-numbingly easy, but it was still kind of enjoyable just running around completely devastating Orcs. The animations looked nice. Not a flawless game by any means and it did leave me a little upset after paying full price for it, but I'd definitely get it on a decent sale just to fuck around in.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.