[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did they fix the crashes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: 81DoJvUzVeL._SL1500_.jpg (291 KB, 1202x1500) Image search: [Google]
81DoJvUzVeL._SL1500_.jpg
291 KB, 1202x1500
did they fix the crashes?
>>
>>330597248
yes
>>
her english voice a shit
>>
Is this game an ARPG?
I dont understand it from the trailers and videos
>>
>>330597248
I've heard theres still a crash if yo uleave the game on and put the console in sleep mode.
But honestly why would anyone in their right mind leave the game on, with unsaved progress, in sleep mode.
>>
>>330597503
Anyone who ever wants to take a nap and isn't near a save point? The rest feature exists for a reason and not even the trashiest indie shit has issue with it.
>>
>>330597583
There's literally only 1 save spot in the game, and you can easily get to it every 20 minutes via warp points.
Who the sits down to a game and thinks "know what I need, a nap"

Thats plum retarded
>>
>>330597712
I do sometimes. But it mostly happens with handhelds when I try to beat some shit and realize I'm just sitting with eyes closed.
>>
>>330597417
Its kind of a top down ARPG
Its sorta hard to describe to be honest. The gameplay is both very simple but with a bunch of dumb mechanics that you rarely ever need to use.

Hell theres a guard function in the game but I've never seen a point where its useful, dodging correctly gets you a 'witch time' ala Bayonetta which is infinitely more useful.
>>
>>330597973
Witch time can fuck you up since it uses mana and if you're berserking it's bad (I don't remember why tho). Late game I found that blocking was somtime more useful than evading.
>>
>>330597248
Never played the original and was considering buying this a couple months back. Thanks for reminding me. How good is this game?
>>
>>330598803
Berserking is another thing I find very few reasonable times to use it.
Sure you can use it during a boss but all you're really doing is saving time. It doesn't make the boss any easier.
>>
>>330597248
>Hundred knight

Fucking japanese don't know what plural nouns are?
>>
>>330598926
If you've ever played any of the disgaea games, the set up of the game is similar:
Chapters
Quirky characters
Weapons that you can level up and upgrade

The gameplay itself is...a bit repetitive but not bad. I'd say I enjoy this combat better then disgaeas.
>>
>>330599321
It's the name of the Character
>>
>>330598926
Hit or miss, very similar to Neptunia series in this aspect. Gameplay is pleasant and has some depth in item management, but monotonous. The real selling points are artstyle, characters, music, jap voice acting and unique dark but charming story.
>>
>>330599914
Are the jap voices really that good? At the moment I've been playing through on english. I had just gotten through digimon cyber sleuth and I honestly needed a break from japanese.

Do the jap voices actually swear or is that sorta added in the dub. I can't tell if its tacky or hilarious. I must have the sense of humour of a teenager.
Though I am skeptical of the dub after hitting Lord Peptobis
>>
>>330600289
I don't speak moon either, but do we need a confirmation that dubs in weeb games are sucking ass?
There's lots of swearing in the original. Almost all of it is censored with beeps.
>Lord Peptobis
I think it's just a western adaptation of a similar pun in Japanese.
>>
>>330599914
>similar to Neptunia series
>dark but charming story
pick one
>>
Isn't there some kind of rat rape scene in this game or something? Did the keep that in the remake?
>>
>>330602680
It's just implied rape and i would believe it got in with the remake.
>>
>>330603926
>>330602680
It was never removed in any version.

she transforms her mom into a rat after the hundred knight beats her. then she summons other rats who chase her and rape her. the butler finds the rats mating, catches, and cooks her for a meal that is later served to metalia
>>
>>330604631
Wow that's dark for NIS standard.
>>
>>330604836
to be fair, it was never directly stated that it was her or that she didn't escape. it's just heavily implied, as the scenes are back to back.
>>
File: WitchTheBitch.jpg (800 KB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
WitchTheBitch.jpg
800 KB, 2880x1620
>>330597368
no, she's perfect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18v5HHURtg0
>>
>>330604993
I think it's pretty clear what her fate is considering the rats are already mating when they we're caught, unless some unlucky rats got caught by the mob and her mother somehow escaped. Is this the only instance where the story switches to a darker tone.
>>
i've heard this has the best story for a NIS/Disgaea game, is it true ?
>>
>>330605590

Why can she say "whore" but not "fucking"?
>>
>>330605704
it's probably the darkest it gets at that point, but there's plenty of other things

such as a princess cursed who has dog tail and face, she gets tricked by metalia on curing the curse. she not spends her days gigantic and naked in her backyard. the hundred knight shoves things up her ass
>>
>>330602349
>conquest ending
>>
>>330606084
Fucking is immoral.
>>
File: METALLIA.png (373 KB, 800x876) Image search: [Google]
METALLIA.png
373 KB, 800x876
>>330605704
The woman turned into a rat is fine and shows up later in the story, people who talk about that scene clearly haven't gotten to the later points of the game where even more fucked up stuff happens an evil witch queen is defeated by the playable character and promptly gets eaten alive by the monster servants she enslaved for example. And that's just the 3rd chapter.
>>330605949
It's extremely dark but due to this, the happy scenes are doubly heartwarming. The story fleshes out pretty much every character and Metallia is an outstanding as well as unique protagonist.
>>
>>330606189
Looks like I know what i will be playing next after Guided Fate Paradox. Will i be missing much storywise by playing the PS3 version? You get to play as Metallia in Revival but did that add to the story?
>>
>>330606746
The PS4 version is a refined and overall better version of the PS3 edition, if you're playing it the first time, just get the PS4 version. Playing as Metallia gives you an extra storymode, so yeah, more content in the PS4 ver as well.

The Guided Fate Paradox is probably NIS' worst story, go play ZHP instead.
>>
>>330606974
Bummer. I'll probably play it on PS3 then watch the extra story on Youtube since i can't afford a PS4.
I though /v/ was exaggerating on the story of GFP until I played it myself. They still manage to make the sequel worse with the shitty 3D chibi characters fit for a DS game which essentially killed all chances for a true ZHP sequel
>>
>>330599321
It's not "Hundred Knights", the title of the character is "Hundred Knight", because it has the power of a hundred knights or something.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.