[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, yuropoor, here. We have the Super Metroid available on the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 0.png (242 KB, 758x426) Image search: [Google]
0.png
242 KB, 758x426
So, yuropoor, here. We have the Super Metroid available on the eShop, except it says it's the american version. Does this mean it's actually 60fps?

The european version was in 50fps (we used to have 50 Hz TV screen) and therfore, the Virtual console version of Super Metroid on the Wii and Wii U were in 50Hz to, so I'd like to know if the "american version" available on the eShop for the New 3DS is effectively at 60 fps, which would be great as the european version screwed up some of the music.

Also, I'd like to know what is the native resolution of the SNES. IT is say the game can be play at native resolution, meaning it's actually possible to have crisp perfect visual of the game, but with a Screen of 400×240 for the 3DS, I am actually wondering if it's big enough to display SNES game in their native format.

So what was the output of the SNES?

Thanks.
>>
Hello?
>>
SNES native res is 256x224
They'll probably stretch it so it looks shit
>>
>>330586104
Ask /vr/ and wait a day for them to reply. I don't know technical questions.
>>
File: 0.png (572 KB, 932x777) Image search: [Google]
0.png
572 KB, 932x777
>>330587762
>They'll probably stretch it so it looks shit
Hence why there is the option to run the game natively. Looking great actually.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yJGpEIsafE
Check at 1:05 and disregard the weird accent.
>>
>>330587762
>256x224
Does that means that in native screen, the eighth is also smaller?
>>
>>330586104

I think what your talking about will only effect screen resolution not refresh rate

refresh rate is determined by the device it is played on and the monitor its displayed on .. not the game itself.
>>
>>330590734
>refresh rate is determined by the device it is played on and the monitor its displayed on .. not the game itself.
it effectively depend of the monitor, but it primarly depend of the console and game.

If the TV screen was 50Hz, having the game output be at 60Hz could cause issue, hence why the European version of the game was modified to fit with the 50Hz screen of Europe.

But in case of the 3DS, it can actually display 60fps, so, if the game is 60fps, it will display so.
>>
When is it released in the US?
>>
File: uT240vG.jpg (527 KB, 1200x814) Image search: [Google]
uT240vG.jpg
527 KB, 1200x814
>already have it for the wii u
>never play it there since its not at the arm's reach

Should I just get it for 3DS? Is it somehow worse on the 3DS?
>>
>>330593820
>Is it somehow worse on the 3DS?
OP and other posters just confirmed that that the New 3DS version is the best version (if you are from Europe).

So, yes? Unless you just have an original 3DS.
>>
>>330594093
I really should stop being blind. Fair enough.
>>
>>330592896

April, if I'm not mistaken. They're releasing SNES games in chunks.
>>
>>330586104
>caring about framerate
>on a SNES game
>>
>>330595430
you do realize yuropoors have a long history of shoddy 3rd/4th gen ports that were basically slowed down by 17% or whatever, right?

sadly, this is a legit concern for them.
>>
>>330595430
There isn't much of a difference between 50fps and 60fps, but for Super Metroid, it kind of mess up some soundtrack. So having the American version is better.
>>
>>330590734
How's that possible when everything on 2d consoles are tied to refresh rates
>>
>>330595758
For game switching from 60 to 50fps, it was still not too bad

But for game who were originally 30 fps like oot, going to 25fps, it was starting to get very noticeable.
>>
>>330595430
Compare for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruKT67nTIjo
>>
>>330596132
NTSC OoT was silky smooth 20 fps, friend.
>>
>>330595430
Frame rates only matter on 2d systems. Most of the time ntsc is the best but certain games gave Japanese audio chipsets like Konami which make it a million times better
>>
Tons of games on the 65/68 chipsets hid things or did code between refresh rates. You could even force it
>>
>>330586104
I can't wait to play this again next month. I will finally have the original Metroid Trilogy all on one system, the New 3DS. You europeans are so lucking getting it this month, since NOA sucks here, we have to wait an extra month.:(
>>
would massive buying on the 3Ds of Super Metroid send the right message to Nintendo.
>>
>>330596826
It already gets bought a fuckton whenever they re-release it, but sure?
>>
>>330596132
Ocarina was originally 20. It was upped to 30 in the remake.
>>
>>330596260
>>330597456
It was 20 fps in the US, as a screen with a 60fps display could also display 20fps. Imagine each frame lasting 3 times longer on screen than for 60fps, before being refreshed, and you get 20 fps.

Yurope, not so lucky, with display being locked at 50 fps, what we got was 17fps/16fps.

That's right, in Europe OOT was 17 fps.
>>
Just completed Super Metroid for the first time with a 63% item collection, or whatever it's called.

I thought it was good, I prefer Prime but I will definitely go back to it after I've played through ALttP.
>>
How many here are playing it for the first time? How many got spoiled about it already.
>>
>>330598954
I've always felt that the 3D Metroids were more interesting games as a whole but don't have the sheer replayability Super Metroid and Zero Mission have.

Super really shines once you start learning tricks and fool around with sequence breaking
>>
>>330600889
Honestly I can see this to be true.

After Playing Prime, I didn't replay it for a while, but Super Metroid I expect I'll be playing it next weekend.
It's strange, it feels like I lucked through the game if that makes sense, there were often times where I was lost and would just walk everywhere until I noticed something.
I think the fact that the map wasn't as detailed helped me get lost easily, not a complaint.

>>330600423
I just played it for the first time.
As a side note what 2D metroid should I do next.
>>
>>330598332
Britbong here, I played it and it was never laggy or anything.
>>
>>330601582
Never said it was laggy. it always maintained that solid 17/16 fps. But it's still low.
>>
>>330601281
>As a side note what 2D metroid should I do next.
Fusion is the direct sequel of it. It's Metroid 4.
>>
>>330601281
Zero Mission is good, but since it's basically Diet Super it might feel really baby mode if you play it directly after.

Fusion is love it/hate it. The game uses a mission structure kind of like Corruption and has a higher focus on bosses, set pieces and story. It's a good action game but for folks who prefer pure exploration it doesn't click as well.

If old Gameboy games don't bother you Metroid 2 is solid. The fan remake AM2R is fucking amazing but I'd hold off on playing the prototype since he's aiming to finish it this year.
>>
>>330602245
Ok, thanks anon, it was going to be either Zero Mission or Fusion, guess I'll make it Fusion.

And regarding super metroid, Was the text at the start regarding the metroid imprinting on Samus the story of one of hte other metroid, or is it just a fact you are given then.
>>
>>330602628
The games prologue is a recap of Metroid 2s ending
>>
>>330602796
Thanks again, no more stupid questions (for now).
>>
>never played Super Metroid before
>get it because MMM MMM MMM EUROPEAN ESHOP DISCOUNTS SO GOOD
>having a blast
Every powerup and missile upgrade makes my dick a little harder.
>>
>>330587762
The stretched image looks kinda blurred but you can turn on native resolution.

SNES injections are pretty nice. Currently playing Soul Blazer
>>
What's the cost on this in NA?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.