[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is WoW still the only MMORPG worth playing despite being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: WoWCrack.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
WoWCrack.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
How is WoW still the only MMORPG worth playing despite being a shell of it's former self?

new mmo when?
>>
File: 115.png (8 KB, 430x373) Image search: [Google]
115.png
8 KB, 430x373
>EverQuest Next cancelled today
>devs say "It wasn't fun"
>>
>>330582305
Smed and Gerogeson promised so much with that game, we should of known it would never happen.

But hey we got Landmark!!! (lol)
>>
>>330581992
after i've gotten into eso, wow is complete bullshit with decent raids
>>
>>330582305

No MMO is fun.
>>
WoW was never worth playing, a browser mmorpg completely outclassed it.
>>
File: runefest.jpg (123 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
runefest.jpg
123 KB, 800x600
>>330583103
No runescape player ever banged a hot chick.
>>
File: blizzcon.jpg (96 KB, 736x490) Image search: [Google]
blizzcon.jpg
96 KB, 736x490
>>330583103
>filename.jpg
>>
>theme park mmos
overhyped, style-over-substance games that attempt to emulate the success WoW, usually released with a large price tag before turning into either buy-to-play or free-to-play cash shops and hanging on for years with under 100k players worldwide as a result of content drought, crappy servers or an overlooked game-breaking bug

>sandbox MMOs
under-marketed games with mediocre production values catering to a niche audience that take years to be released, usually built on a subscription system, and typically die out within a year due to mismanagement or a dwindling playerbase
>>
>>330583529
most people compare all of them to wow and think that it must be atlest as polished and must have atleast as many players or something like that and then they come up with some bullshit reasons to go back to wow
>>
FFXIV:ARR is a great successor to WoW.
>>
>>330585141
reskinned wow, with slow combat and shitty pvp? and thats great? oh boy you are blinded by blizzard
>>
>>330585585
It's got content and a great community and the dev team actually gives a fuck about it. Also
>pvp
>>
>>330585684
the pvp is bullshit and you know it, and you seem to overlook many things, ever heard of eso? its got content, community and a good dev team + its got good combat and fucking awesome pvp.
>>
>>330581992
I never see /v/ talk about the secret world, do you guys like it?
>>
>>330582305

I don't think Daybreak understood or realized what they were buying when they bought SOE. They're trying to plug the leaks in the ship, but at this point the only people left on the ship are people who have wanted to be on a leaky ship for the past 4 or 5 years.
>>
I'd recommend Star Trek Online, expect a much much better version of KoTOR and good space combat. By no means a perfect game, but its given me more content for free than WoW gave me with four expansions
>>
>>330586157
It's also uses the havoc physics engine and is broken as shit. Unless Zenimax completely reworked it like XIV then it's shit and always will be shit just like Wildstar.
>>
>>330588072
wildstar is better than ffxiv though. shame it's in such poor shape financially.
>>
>>330588072
try it for your self, who better judge then you?
but its not as shit as wildstar for sure, upcoming content updates speak for themselves
>>
>>330581992
there is just not going to be a 'new' MMORPG with the same content as WoW, the game has been out for so long it's just not possible, even worse, they expect us to pay for their shitty MMO's when they don't have 10% the content and most of them eventually turn into P2W fests
>>
>>330581992
this image is seriously fucking annoying
what the fuck is up with the bandages
why the fucking ugly as shit feet
why such a retarded pose
absolutely one of the worst fucking fanarts in existence
>>
>>330581992
>WoW
>worth playing
>players literally pay a monthly sub then pay even more on top of that to so they don't have to level their characters (i.e., play the game)
???
>>
>>330589190
but 99% of the content in WoW is antiquated and/or redundant, so it doesn't really matter
>>
>>330581992

I feel like wow players just say this so they can keep paying for their mediocre game. I always found wow boring and not worth the sub fee.
>>
File: 1456472300971 (1).jpg (94 KB, 410x599) Image search: [Google]
1456472300971 (1).jpg
94 KB, 410x599
>>
Thinking about trying Project Everquest 1999

What exactly do you do in Everquest 1? What made it so special?

I also just installed the Starwars Galaxies Emulated server. I miss true sandbox MMOs.
>>
>>330581992
Whoever edited that image is a faggot for signing it
>>
>>330591976
Classic everquest is pretty grindy. Think an old school MUD with graphics. I play it but it is something I can multitask with. Reading, shitposting, watching movies/shows while playing. If you try to play EQ by itself it will be pretty boring.

I think Eve Online is a great MMO if you can get in a strong Corp but I just don't have the time for it.
>>
File: city-of-heroes-1.jpg (651 KB, 1680x1012) Image search: [Google]
city-of-heroes-1.jpg
651 KB, 1680x1012
>>330591664

It hurts...
>>
>>330592523
Would EQ be fun to play with a group of 5 or so friends to just explore and do dungeons with?

We're doing SWGEmu now and its fun just doign quests and trying to build a little settlement for ourselves. Would be nice to also find a game to challenge us with some neat dungeons that isn't as hand holdy and as lame as modern MMO 5 room hallways dungeons.
>>
>>330581992

because they haven't ditched the bone of it, only eatean away it its flesh
>>
File: 1396154508546.gif (1 MB, 284x261) Image search: [Google]
1396154508546.gif
1 MB, 284x261
>>330585141
>XIV after 2.5
>Good
How hard is it to like WoW?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.