[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you played HellMOO before? Did you know there's a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
Have you played HellMOO before?

Did you know there's a a pwipe (player wipe) today? The last one was six years ago.

Now is the best time to get into, or back into, the game.
>>
>today
I thought that was supposed to happen in February.
>>
Thanks for reminding me
Never played a mud before though, do you have to be a roleplaying faggot or can you do you?
>>
>>330581141

You can do you. Almost no one roleplays on HellMOO, and those who do mostly do it jokingly.
>>
>>330581032
It was delayed, it's happening currently.
>>
>>330580829
>nigga gets shot
>last thing he hears...
>"Come on down to crazy sargo's discount warehouse!"

also
>there's CP on the roof. No seriously, what does that stand for? I always fucking hated Ascii for this reason. Same reason I tileset Dwarf Fortress.

You didn't give us a link, though. Also, this: >>330581141 - You should elaborate more to lure us in.

I'm just waiting for someone to post the orphanage one.
>>
>>330581640
http://hellmoo.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

The game is essentially a post-apocalyptic hellscape, kind of like Fallout, but with a tone of corporate control that's cyberpunk-esque. Cloning rights are controlled by an all-powerful mega-corporation and the game is ruled by player corporations which rough up shopkeepers for protection money, murder each other for their shiny equipment, and rape everything that catches their fancy.

It's one of the most highly-developed MUDs around with an enormous game world and over ten years of history. The amount of stuff you can do in it is insane.
>>
Also, the game has a map and a mini-map, unlike most MUDs, which means you get an easy idea of where you're at.
>>
>>330582243
I have one question then. How optional is PVP shit?
>>
>>330582485
Depends.
In green zones (mainly the main city) PVP is off-limits.
In yellow zones, it's a free for all.
In red zones, prepare your asshole.
And while you can opt out of PVP entirely, this will label you a carebear faggot and people will become outlaws (break the law and gain enough notoriety) entirely so they can ignore carebear rules and murder the shit out of you.
>>
>>330582856
Good to know. Might toy around in the city a bit but that'l be it for me then. I long ago embraced my carebear status and refuse to give anyone the jollies from fucking with me.
>>
>>330583093
As long as you don't opt out you'll be fine for the most part.
The community is generally pretty welcoming to newcomers, especially some of the older users who've been playing for years.
At worst you might get raped once or twice.
>>
>>330580829
welp you just fucked up the community good job faggot.
>>
>>330583093

You can turn PvP off for yourself by going carebear, like he said.

Only outlaws can kill a carebear, and almost no one goes outlaw because you can't clone as an outlet (ie. you only get one life; when you die your progress is reset, and it can take months to get your skills back)
>>
>tfw you only play this game to get raped
What was the event before wipe? I won't be able to play today.
>>
>>330583519

The event is currently happening now, it seems that the police system was turned off and players and wizards are killing each other.
>>
>>330583595
Oh, pvp restrictions have been off since yesterday it's cool to see fcdp taking a break too.
>>
File: the embers burn.png (83 KB, 367x202) Image search: [Google]
the embers burn.png
83 KB, 367x202
>try to play this game
>walking along in the safest area of the world (freedom city) which is protected by police NPCs
>an anvil drops out of the sky and instantly kills me

>someone takes all my stuff
>>
>>330580829
No idea what the fucking game is. It's clearly some ASCII Roguelike game, so sell me on it OP.
>>
Oh god I joined, someone was trying to be helpful but I could only nod or shake my head
>>
>>330583280
>implying being raped would be as bad as being ganked
Weird part is, I'd actually be okay with being raped

>>330583392
Might be worth trying without carebear yet, then. Only one character or are alts a thing without losing the main char?
>>
>>330584282
You can have a couple of alts, admins will get pussy if you make too many.
>>
>>330584223
You should probably wait until tomorrow since shit is fucking crazy atm.
>>
>>330582243
>Fan Art on their official wiki
>MSpaint dicks everywhere
>They're okay with this.
I am highly amused.

Can we be sluts or prostitutes? Do people actively fuck with them in the not fun way?
>>
>>330584628

Yes, people who have text-sex are called 'sex havers' and are messed with a lot.
>>
>>330584628
I pretty much only slut around looking to get bullied. Most people aren't public about it, and many will outright shun you. The funny thing is that usually a third of the who list has fucked me at some point.
>>
Oh boy, i play for 5 minutes, get disconnected, and then it tells me my character doesn't exist.

Did they just do the character wipe or something?
>>
>>330585345

Yeah they're doing it right now actually.
>>
>>330585661
Fugg.
Anyone know any good in browser MUD clients? The one i was using sucks
>>
>>330585779
Nah nigga just use mushclient.
>>
>>330585779
Just use MUSHclient.
http://www.gammon.com.au/mushclient/mushclient.htm
>>
>>330585779

MUSHclient and SimpleMU are the #1 and #2 most popular for Windows

Personally I like how easy it is to bind the keypad and triggers in MUSH
>>
Reading the wiki got me itching to try this out, how many people play?
>>
>>330587868

60 players online most of the time

After pwipes more like 100-120

It could support hundreds though
>>
>>330587868
http://mudstats.com/World/HellMOO

It has been kind of slow leading up to the pwipe though.
>>
>>330588092
>60 players
That's pretty great for me, is player interaction common or most of the time you'll wander through barren wasteland with no one in miles?
>>
>>330588213

Players are organized into corporations or 'corps' almost entirely, you'll probably want to join or make one of these yourself. Interacting with your corp is necessary to finish most quests and whatnot, and you'll be subjected to unwanted PvP often from members of enemy corps who want your sweet sweet equipment.
>>
File: these memes arent adding up.jpg (24 KB, 494x482) Image search: [Google]
these memes arent adding up.jpg
24 KB, 494x482
Does this count as viral marketing?
>>
>>330585013
I'll never understand this shunning of erp/lewd players yet most of them jump on that shit in a heartbeat secretly. Sex is inherent and this game actually supports it.
>>
fucking hellmoo. didn't know this was still around. i think i spent 50% of my time in this game having hot gay sex with strangers on the road and the other 50% murdering. good times
>>
>>330583323
>implying hellmoo isn't 95% 4chan anyway because it calls itself an orphan rape simulator
>>
>still can't connect
I found out this sick tricycle exploit though, necan had to get brobo to help kill me
>>
>>330590513

It's mostly because for much of its life the game was ruled by goons, who despise ERP. They're mostly gone now though. But some older players still go along with the anti-ERP circlejerk they mandated.
>>
Are they still wiping?
When will it be playable again?
>>
>>330591857

Likely later today or tomorrow, a pwipe is a very intensive process that requires a program to delete every item in the game world.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.