[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1432489097197.jpg (568 KB, 4896x3264) Image search: [Google]
1432489097197.jpg
568 KB, 4896x3264
>"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. [...] when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces."

You use a mechanical keyboard for gaming, right? While it won't improve mediocre play, it does give an edge on equal matched players.
>>
I only play single player or TBS games. That's a dumb analogy btw.
>>
that cowboy shit has got to be the worst analogy i've read all day
>>
File: RK-9000V2.jpg (733 KB, 1982x618) Image search: [Google]
RK-9000V2.jpg
733 KB, 1982x618
I didnt buy mine purposely for gaming, I just needed a new keyboard and decided to go with something nice
>>
File: you see.jpg (41 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
you see.jpg
41 KB, 960x720
the only reason to get a keyboard smaller than a tkl is if you type a lot while you're outside or if you take typed notes during class to which I hope you have silent keys

There's a kid in my dorm that brings his full MX blue keyboard everywhere, thank senpai in the sky that I don't share a class with him.
>>
>>330576256
>You use a mechanical keyboard for gaming, right?
Yeah. It feels very good to use, and while I don't think it's all that necessary, it might be one of the reasons people bitch about keyboards that much.
>>
>>330576256
Mechanical keyboards are a meme though.
Flat keyboard are objectively better.
>>
File: bws.jpg (24 KB, 500x238) Image search: [Google]
bws.jpg
24 KB, 500x238
I have keyboard with tumor and i can't complain.
>>
File: uhh.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
uhh.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>330576256
why are the z and y keys like that
>>
>>330577059
>function key on the right side
This keyboard looks perfect otherwise, but that would fuck with my muscle memory something fierce.
>>
>>330578465
Looks like czech setup.
>>
>Control pads have come to dominate home gaming control devices for many reasons: They are cheap to make, cheap to ship, cheap to store, durable, portable, and can be used in many positions.
>>
>>330579223
just like ur mom
>>
>>330576256
I have a notebook.
>>
>>330578465
This anime, ive seen it before. What is it called?
>>
>>330576256
>Mechanical key board
HAHAHAHAHAHAH GET A LOAD OF THIS FAGGOT
>>
playing games with a keyboard is some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen

Do you ever stop to think, you're playing games on a QWERTYIOP keyboard for fucks sake. It's a evolution of the typewriter..
>>
>>330576256
top jej
Yes Anon, I am going to spend at least five times the amount I would pay for a regular keyboard, just for the sake of a 5 gram difference in actuation force and clickety sounds.
>>
>>330576256
>The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to.
A horse weighs somewhere between 830 and 2300 pounds. A saddle weighs about 20 pounds.

You don't leave a dead horse because it's "a consumable item", you leave it because it's several times your own weight and it's fucking dead.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.