[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do so many people bitch about shields when rolling is literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: darksouls.jpg (30 KB, 638x319) Image search: [Google]
darksouls.jpg
30 KB, 638x319
Why do so many people bitch about shields when rolling is literally the most OP thing in the whole series and takes next to no skill whatsoever?
>>
where on the internet do people bitch about shields?
>>
>>330575190
here
>>
Rolling at least requires timing. You can just hold block and it really is easy mode
>>
>>330575576
I've never personally seen anybody whine about shields in DS1. What do they say? Not enough stamina or something???
>>
This game is pretty bad
>>
>>330575848

(you)
>>
>>330575848
git gud
>>
>>330574856
>Why do so many people bitch about shields?
Do they?
>>
File: greatshield-of-artorias.jpg (125 KB, 600x792) Image search: [Google]
greatshield-of-artorias.jpg
125 KB, 600x792
So tell me, what's the best shield and why is it pic related?

It makes 90% of bosses absolute pansies.
>>
>>330575672
This is probably the best answer. I got the timing on riposte and blew through that game pretty easily (except for the twins, but slinging shit works wonders).

If I compare this to Arkham Asylum or City (both of which are great games too) the Arkham games come across as pathetically easy by comparison because you get a big visual cue, a big window to counter, and one button to dodge them all.

Apples and oranges though, the games are different experiences.
>>
>>330575848
for you
>>
>>330575814
I think OP meant people moan they are op. Casual mode etc
>>
>>330576678
There are plenty of ways to deal with turtles.

Shotel, dead angle, poison, bleed, or just use an elemental spear and do footsie pokes until they make a mistake
>>
I don't understand how anyone can plays Souls games with a shield. It is so slow and boring.
>>
>>330577132
You can play very aggressively with a shield in DaS2, since the game allows you to block while backstepping.
>>
>>330577132
Shields are comfy
>>
>>330577132
>I don't understand how anyone can plays Souls games. It is so slow and boring.
fixed
>>
>>330578957
>>I don't understand how anyone can play games. It is so slow and boring.
>>
>>330578580
>comfy
can this word die yet?
>>
>>330580098
I've always liked "cozy" myself
>>
>>330574856

>Pvpving
>Get stunlocked and then backstabbed in under a second

Backstabs were a mistake, especially with the way the hit box works.
>>
>>330580565
Your fault for not being a havelmom, to be quite honest
>>
Is it wrong that I always carry a Shield but never use it? I just use it as a second line of defense in case I time my dodge wrong
>>
>>330580738

>Don't take dark souls pvp seriously anon
>just pick a good cosplay and whatever weapon you like
>Everyone is huge katana weilding faggot with a death mask
>Gotta EAT MY PLANT
>Hol up let MLB this washing poll brah
>Le CHAOS Zhiehandler
>git gud
>Getting good means min-maxing and learning frame specific backstabs rather than actually fighting like a normal person

Dark souls pvp was a mistake.
>>
>>330574856
cause people suck at videogames

seriously it's /CURRENT YEAR/ do people really still use shields?
>>
>>330581093
just go invade pve shitters, it's the only way to make cosplay builds viable
>>
>>330579068
>i don't understand how anyone can keep living. It's so slow and boring
>>
>>330581320

That is pretty terrible though. To be fair for every mask wielding faggot there is someone in cosplay.
>>
>>330576951
For PVE anon.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.