[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw star fox zero reveals pepper was the villain all along
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: PepperBanishAndross.jpg (21 KB, 254x138) Image search: [Google]
PepperBanishAndross.jpg
21 KB, 254x138
>yfw star fox zero reveals pepper was the villain all along
>>
Miyamoto said something about it.
Pepper will probably be revealed to be kind of an asshole to andross
>>
Then his death in Assault is justified now?
>>
>>330571775

>James McCloud faked his death to escape his 80 year debt

>General Pepper forced Fox to repay his father's debt

Andross was just a scientist driven mad from wanting to free Corneria from General Pepper's propaganda and oppression.
>>
Andross = trump
He just wanted to make Corneria great again
>>
>>330571997
>miyamoto
>wanted more story
we're in for a ride, mates
>>
>>330572425
He said that in Japanese tales monkeys and dogs hate each other and that these kind of relationships between animals from Japanese folklore were always taken into account when designing the characters/story
>>
File: James.McCloud.png (22 KB, 117x182) Image search: [Google]
James.McCloud.png
22 KB, 117x182
>Star Fox Zero
>It's not a prequel

I WANT TO PLAY AS James "Top Gun" McCloud WHAT THE FUCK PLATINUM
>>
>>330572068
>Then his death in Assault is justified now?

He doesn't die in Assault.
>>
>>330572806
He wasn't killed after being assimilated by the Apparoid? I didn't play nor pay attention to Command.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110 KB, 1280x720
>>330571997
>>330572425
>“In the original Star Fox 64, from a story perspective, there wasn’t a lot of depth beyond the character relationships. But this time we wanted to try to tell more of the story of the Star Fox universe, and in particular the relationships between Fox’s dad and Andross [the chief antagonist] and General Pepper [your boss]. That’s a focus of this game. And in particular the relationship between Pepper and Andross, and the questions “Why did Pepper kick Andross out?” and “Why can’t Andross accept the reasons he was kicked off the team?” That’s where the teleporters come into play from a story standpoint.”
>>
>>330573313
He's only mentioned once or maybe twice in Command, whereupon he is referenced as being ill, to explain why Peppy is acting General.

Other than that his fate is unknown, but he definitely survives the Aparoid Invasion.

Not that it matters now, seeing as Zero is a soft reboot.
>>
>>330573423
Why is Nintendo's answer to storytelling always parallel universes and time warps? Can Nintendo not hire an actual writer?

I'm not even trying to reference Super Mario 64, I mean Nintendo has literally given up and are writing parallel universe bullshit.

I won't lie, I was not a fan of Iwata. I don't think he did Nintendo any favors, but he didn't do it a lot of harm either. That being said, I would trade Miyamoto for a quarter pounder and a small coke, let alone for Iwata.
>>
>>330573669
I wanna know how he unassimilated himself from his god-damned arwing
>>
>>330573313
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWxkjmJJuKE

not quite, Peppy managed to save him at the last second
>>
>>330574173
>yfw he didn't

That would be the only acceptable outcome. A Pepper that is now under Aparoid control giving ambiguous commands to Star Fox only to be found out and finally killed in the end.

But Star Fox will never be the grand space saga it could have been. Assault may have had some ass gameplay in between the flight sections, but the plot itself felt very much like an episode of Star Trek and could have lent itself to a sequel.

Once again, Nintendo is just the dumbest company on the planet and they hire the biggest slut to slap together a reboot that will undoubtedly be awful.
>>
>>330574657
>But Star Fox will never be the grand space saga it could have been.

Wasn't Star Fox based on corny TV-shows like Thunderbirds?
>>
>>330575306
Yeah
>>
>>330571775

Wouldn't be surprised in the least. I always found it fishy how easily Andross swept across the system. Also it was strange how Gen. Pepper seemed amazed at Fox's idea of attacking the enemy base, as if he had never thought of it before.

Gen Pepper is either a traitor or incredibly incompetent.
>>
>>330571775
>>330573423
The reason why Andross is opening worm holes in the space time continuum is because he wants to find a world where he and Pepper are still friends
>>
File: Sheevus.jpg (41 KB, 600x520) Image search: [Google]
Sheevus.jpg
41 KB, 600x520
>>330576067
>Pepper is a traitor
>Pigma is innocent
>Wolf is ambiguously gay towards Fox and now sounds like Liquid Ocelot
>>
File: Blood Brothers.jpg (32 KB, 400x347) Image search: [Google]
Blood Brothers.jpg
32 KB, 400x347
How did the Aparoid Queen imitate James McCloud if he was murdered by Andross long before the Aparoid Invasion?
>>
>>330574391
Goddamn. I almost forgot about this fight.
I also forgot about Pepper's weird Assault design.
>>
>>330574040
Parallel universes and time warps are a convenient way to let the developers add pretty much whatever the fuck they want into the game while still making sure that the game makes some sort of sense.

The only people who actively dislike them are autists who try to take the stories in Nintendo games too seriously. The plot is just a way to move the gameplay forward.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.