[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Capture Card
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
>buy capture card
>buy hdcp stripper
>stream metal gear
>stream soul calibur
>stream ninja gaiden
>all perfect
>try heavy rain
>doesn't capture

any solution?
Live gamer HD Lite
>>
>>330570729
PAL? did FPS change for game etc etc?
>>
>>330571196
All games are Euro versions.
I'm not sure if the FPS changes or the resolution changes when I start heavy rain.

The consoles HDMI output is locked at 1080p so the resolution shouldn't change and throw it off, I've also tried locking the console at 720p and that doesn't work either.
the capture card does 720p 60 and 1080p 30, however it can recieve 1080p 60 and pass it through to my monitor and let me see 60fps whilst capturing 30fps for the stream, so that's not really an issue normally
>>
>>330571367
is it capping anything? sound? black screen?

going to be honest, streaming a console over 720 is meh and a waste of bandwidth but dunno how it is these days. it's been awhile.
>>
>>330571731
Captures sound from heavy rain, but not the video, just a black screen, when i go to quit game I get some white lines and green lines for a second then i get full 1080p 30fps ps3 dashboard

I set it to 1080 so that it looks better for me, the stream is 720p 30fps 2400kb/s and looks fine, but like i said i've tried both resolutions nothing
>>
>>330571731
i have a couple of capc ards, not this one though,
what are you using to stream the games? Obs, xsplit?
>>
>>330572176
I'm not OP but when i did stream i used a black magic cap card, OBS and AmarecTV

once set up was really nice
>>
>>330572357
amarectv, has some very neat features.
never used a black magic cap card but i heared that those have their own fair share of issues with capture software, just like aver cards.
>>
>>330572529
I never used their software aside from drivers, and yea they are not user friendly.

I didn't have trouble setting up but have seen lots of people having way to many issues.
>>
>>330572176
Obs with the avermedia as a global source video capture device
>>
>>330573214
I might add heavy rain is the only game not capturing and it won't capture in avermedias software. However I can see the picture on my monitor both in 720 and 1080 mode on the ps3. So why doesn't the capture card like heavy rain
>>
>>330573214

Sounds like the capture card doesn't know what to do with the resolution desu. All my aver cards don't display the game correctly if i select the wrong resolution in obs and just output sound.

Do you have to use the avermedia stream engine thing for this card to make it show up as a dircet show device or does it work right away?

Alternatively you can try to remove the video capture device from obs and capture the game through avermedia rec central, with display or window capture.
>>
>>330572759
i do remember komodo firewall fucking with my set up.

streaming fine then one day black screen. was fucking furious, thought card puked out..

into the trash komodo went once i narrowed it down to that.
>>
>>330571196
when you say pal, I have 3 video standards I can choose on the live gamer hd's properties
SECAM_B
PAL_B
NTSC_M

none of these work
>>
>>330573840
The avermedia rec central software does not show Heavy rain but captures the ps3 menu and other games perfectly, thanks for the suggestion though
>>
OP here, I set the ps3 to only 720p, changed the capture card back to NTSC_M
(even though its a PAL console and game)
and somehow it's letting me capture video and audio in REC central and OBS.

The only issue now is that my splitter wont let me use the monitor as a 2nd monitor in windows X but I'll work that out tomorrow.

Thanks for the suggestions and help, this thread has kind of proved to me that even after 7+ years of using 4chan you haven't gone completely to shit like I thought.
>>
>>330575119
I should have read your posts more carefully.
Pal is just a standard for tv broadcasts, "new" consoles use the ntsc standard to output better refreshrates.
>>
>>330575119
there were all sorts of problems with new nvidia drivers if you updated. people were having issues with second monitor. I haven't used them but might want to check it out.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/921332/geforce-drivers/official-364-47-game-ready-whql-display-driver-feedback-thread-released-3-7-16-/1/

a beta driver was released to fix issues and i think it's certified now but i haven't kept up nor did i update
>if you are using nvidia and updated
>>
Just use component cables.
>>
>>330575973
It's cool you put me on the right path
>>330576175
amd 2x280x 3GB's no nvidia here
>>
>>330576313
if he's using a "new" cap card i don't think that is a viable option as hdmi is standard now as well as for monitors.

i shelved my old 1920x1200 monitor as it's one of the last that i own with all the plug-ins for cables.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.