[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good, cheap (or free) co-op game for PC?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: co-op-gaming-with-friends.jpg (45 KB, 468x348) Image search: [Google]
co-op-gaming-with-friends.jpg
45 KB, 468x348
I and a friend of mine wanna play a co-op game. We´ve finished borderlands but he does not want to play the second part because he thinks it sucks. So we´re looking for new ones. Maybe some recommendations other than Portal, Left 4 dead etc as we already have played those.
Would be also nice if they´re not that expensive.
>>
Dota
>>
File: sleepover thread on v.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sleepover thread on v.webm
3 MB, 640x360
Serious Sam
>>
>>330567093
mobas are out of question. I play LoL myself but he hates any kind of mobas
>>
Indie Games would be fine too. Genre does not matter. As long as it has a nice co-op
>>
Magicka + DLCs
AI Wars
Dungeon Defenders 2
Divinity: Original Sin enhanced edition
>>
File: sleepover thread on v.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sleepover thread on v.webm
1 MB, 640x360
System Shock 2
>>
>>330566895
>Cheap
Serious Sam, Unreal, Quake 1/2 (bit finnicky to get working correctly), Risk of Rain, Viscera Cleanup Detail

>Free
Sven Coop definitely, probably Cry of Fear as well except it's really fucking hard and there's no save points at all throughout coop campaign.
>>
>thinks Borderlands sucks

You need better friends
>>
>>330567750
first one was awesome, he dislikes borderlands 2
>>
playing the culling atm with my roommate

having tons of fun, game still has its issues obviously, but the concept is great
>>
>>330567795
2 is the best one though
>>
>>330567641
thanks alot!
>>
>>330567983
he says the loot system is garbage and the weapons feel like they´re worthless.
I´d really want to play it, just have to convince him now
>>
>>330567750
borderlands 2 is shit.
>bullet sponge enemies more present than in 1
>shit loot/guns
>obnoxious humor
>Anthony "The Cuck" Johnson
>gunplay as shit as 1
>confusing areas
>>
>>330568163
Play it by yourself then. It's fun with a friend but you if you're going to not play a game because of your friends opinion, that's kind of shallow. Sure, the loot system in 2 is different then the first game. But that doesn't mean it's worse. It makes rarer guns seems worth finding, whereas is one that you could pick up just about any old junk gun and still kill everything. The first Borderlands was a great game, by it suffered from general 'first in a series' problems. Too easy, bland story, under developed characters.. 2 took everything that made the first one good and refined it. If your friend doesn't like it because of one or two of the game mechanics, then he sounds too picky to try to play with.

But anyways. If you're looking for cheap, fun Multiplayer games.. Go old school. Get a Ethernet cable and hook up your PCs or laptops and play some Diablo 2 or StarCraft. Cant go wrong with Diablo.
>>
>>330568925
thanks man. Yeah he´s like the pickiest person I know when it comes to videogames. But I had a really great time playing the game together with him. anyways I think I´ll try it out myself
>>
Alien swarm.
>>
>>330569292
Meh. I cant stand 'picky gamers' myself. Especially if you're both broke or cheap. Whenever they pick out a handful of game they think are good and act like everything else is crap.. I'm not saying every game is good, or every game is for every person. But beggars can't be choosers. You can get BL2 (just the base game. No dlc) are GameStop for like $5 these days. $5 for hours and hours of face exploding fun.

What kind of games does he play/like?

Man, go get Mario Kart and play that lol
>>
>>330566895
Warframe
>>
>>330568486
>git gud
>>
>>330569985
I dont get this really. He LOVES Division for some reason. But I think the game is a total pile of shit desu. He played it since the early Beta since he got access. But its nothing for me, like I said I really enjoyed games like borderlands. Casual in a way that you can stop playing it for a week but it still has something that lets you keep coming back, the loot etc
>>
File: 200000%mad.png (1 MB, 1201x884) Image search: [Google]
200000%mad.png
1 MB, 1201x884
>>330570176
>git fucked
>>
>>330570423
>He LOVES Division

anon, its time to get some new friends
>>
>>330570579
He has a rather weird taste in games
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.