[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>start making a game >acknowledge it will never be good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 1454807670496.jpg (17 KB, 281x440) Image search: [Google]
1454807670496.jpg
17 KB, 281x440
>start making a game
>acknowledge it will never be good as undertale
>give up
>>
File: 302ff3b3b4908483467b7f7b629a181d.png (577 KB, 1156x1235) Image search: [Google]
302ff3b3b4908483467b7f7b629a181d.png
577 KB, 1156x1235
>finish game
>some shithead says it's better than undertale
>your game gets flooded with rule34
>>
>>330565520
You just got to rip off Madoka harder than Toby did.
>>
>>330565949
>rule34
>bad
>>
>>330565520
Maybe if you had a bigger monitor and a shorter desk you'd actually be able to get some work done.
>>
Yo so what makes undertale so good? I haven't played it because I hate flavor of the month games, but I remember threads being made here about it for a long time before it suddenly exploded. From what I've heard it sounds like mgs-lite though.
>>
if youre making a game dont tell anyone until they cant do anything about it. RIP in peace mgs remake
>>
If you're setting the bar that low, maybe you're better off not trying.
>>
>>330566431
Play it retard
>>
File: image.png (485 KB, 402x434) Image search: [Google]
image.png
485 KB, 402x434
>>330566431
/v/ used to adore it for the three days it was an obscure game. Now the fanbase kinda kills it. It's actually an amazing game, just don't talk to the fans please.
>>
>>330566431
In short, visually it looks and is for the most part an Earthbound style RPG but the combat interaction with the enemy is like a bullethell/platformer pattern where you attempt to dodge all the attacks.
Storywise, it's a mash of meme-induced Earthbound humor with forced drama sprinkled on it. Most importantly, it's a game where you do not need to harm anyone or anything to progress. Take that last part and do whatever you want with it.
>>
File: GET LAID.jpg (320 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
GET LAID.jpg
320 KB, 500x667
>>330565520
>Comparing your game to a Tumblr-tier one-hit wonder and caring about that
Define "be good as"; do you mean "it will never sell as well as Undertale", or "the quality will never compare to Undertale"?
If mad shekels is what you care about, just pander to normy and SJW values while making the game play easy for casuals but enjoyable. Make the story simple, include trans, gays, and make the main character some kind of minority. You'll get some kind of following for sure, even if /v/ hates your game.
If you care about making a good game, stop comparing your work in progress to shit like Undertale and get to work on making it better. Get back to coding, or level designing, or model making, or whatever the fuck you're doing and make something, even if it's shit. Undertale is full of entry-level shit (ascetics, the coding for combat, story, the fact that it was made in RPG Maker), even the many endings are entry-level, that just takes a bunch of time and planning, really, it's easy but tedious. The music is the only thing that needs a skill set that's above average because music is where Toby shines. If you aren't complete shit, you can surpass Undertale in quality. Will it sell better? Probably not, but no one expected this literally-who Kikestarter game to explode into what it is now. You won't know if your game will surpass it in sells until you finish making it and release it, but at least you can make a game with more quality if you actually try.
Now get back to work, you slacker.
>>
>>330567847
No thanks fag
>>
File: 1448717366341.gif (182 KB, 208x292) Image search: [Google]
1448717366341.gif
182 KB, 208x292
>>330566115
Rule34 is never bad to the party concerned. EVER.
>>
File: bear.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
bear.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>
>>330565520

guess even shit has its standards
>>
>>330568939
That was a really encouraging post, thanks anon
>>
>>330570956
I put my highest rolls into charisma when I was born. I also use to be an artist and had to overcome the mentality of "I'll never be as good as [x]". You just gotta learn that your work is only as good as you make it, and that the work of others shouldn't be compared until you're absolutely finished.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.