[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>PS2 ERA: 6 years +2400 games released (https://en.wikipe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 5555555555.jpg (26 KB, 346x229) Image search: [Google]
5555555555.jpg
26 KB, 346x229
>PS2 ERA: 6 years +2400 games released (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_2_games)
>PS3 ERA: 7 years and +1000 games released on disc (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games_released_on_disc)
>PS4 ERA: 3 years and only +200 games released on disc (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games_released_on_disc)

How this cant be seen as a failure ? How long the PS4 will last ?
Why the catalog of the PS4 looks so poor beside the PS2/PS3 at the same time ?
Is the "PS4 HAS NO GAMES" really a meme ?
>>
This is such a week bait that it aint even getting (you)s, have a reply and see you at page 10
>>
>>330564982
the ps4 has no gaems meme is due to the fact that ps2 and ps3 had a higher number of games, so whatever your favourite genre is, there's several games you will enjoy, thus making the console worth the money. the ps4 still doesnt have high enough numbers as to have good games in every possible category.

So, for example, for a jrpg fan like me, there are't enough games on it for me to spend 400€ on it yet. but soon enough it will happen and it will have gone down in price by then.

the other reason, i guess is because both with ps3 and 4, they showcased the console's features other than games so much, that it gave the idea that games are now secondary, which doesn;t help.

also, marketing differences. bloodborne was so heavily marketed compared to other games, that for normies, it trully feels like it's the only game the console has. normies have barely heard of any ps4 games that are not bloodborne and the usual fifa/cod.

so it has "no gaems"

other than bloodborne
>>
Bump for dead thread and dead console ;_;
>>
>>330564982
indie shovelware is digital only now
>>
Financially finding a video game's development is way more expensive now than it ever was back then, even accounting for inflation. Just look at the ps2 library and you'll find tons of games that are heaping piles of shit made just to be cash grabs
>>
>>330564982

>not posting comparison with xbox, x360 and xbone

very empirical
>>
>>330566912
*funding
>>
>>330566004
Where is the bait ? People are literally craving for games, ask for remasters, season pass and DLC. Some games like Dying Lights, TW3 or even Bloodborne would not have been that successful if there had been as many games
as on PS3...
>>330566143
Dont worry normies still buy there FIFA/ NFS/ COD/AssCreed.
For JRPGs, weebshits aside (ideafactory/compileheart) it's pretty dead untill now.
>>
File: 940044_89767_front.jpg (86 KB, 640x905) Image search: [Google]
940044_89767_front.jpg
86 KB, 640x905
Partly due to phones

All the shovelware games go to phones now
>>
We'll never go back to that time. Like you'll never see Atlus releasing like a bunch of console games again. Look at how long it takes to release one fucking console game for them nowadays. The only ones that still release games at rapid fire make shitty games now like Tales or Nep crap and don't care about the quality at all.
>>
>>330564982
>Why the catalog of the PS4 looks so poor beside the PS2/PS3 at the same time ?
Everybody wants better grafics so budgets get bloated.
Bigger budgets means less games can be made.

All the older developers make fewer games now.
Companies like SE and Capcom delivered ten games a year easily, now you can end up with a year with only one game from them.
Tons of AA developers simply died out because they couldnt afford to make games anymore.

Only shit companies like EA can keep up with that because they have the cash.
>>
>>330564982
By the end of the ps2 lifespan didn't Sony say fuck it, you don't have to get a license anymore just pump shit out?
>>
>>330567419
Excet it seems like modder neckbeards alone in their basements can shit out complete retextures and model overhauls for games that look better than the originals weeks after release on a 0 dollar budget.
>>
>>330567001
Im not interested by Xbone and all the exclusives come to PC so it would have been shitpost.
>>
>on disc

The difference is that shovelware now is digital only instead of on disc. There is actually something like 1000 games on PS4 counting all the PSN crap.
>>
>>330568263
I dont think there is that much of shovelwares on psn , there is a quality control right ?
>>
This is just because game developement is so much more expensive these days. You can't be western non-indie developer without making AAA-titles, and those cost way too much for small studios.

The reason PS2 had so many games was that studios could easily make stuff Super Snowscooter Racing 2004 with a small budget, and it would turn some profit.
PS4 doesn't have games compared to past consoles, but compared to other current generation consoles it's not really lacking in them either.
It's a lame situation that can't really be helped.
>>
>>330568640
The quality control mostly says stuff about how well the game runs rather than whether it's a good game or anything.
>>
>>330564982

games cost a lot more to make now

and most normies are happy getting nickel and dimed by the same game for years at a time. no reason to make new games when you can milk retards with dlc and micro transactions
>>
>>330567275
>The only ones that still release games at rapid fire make shitty games now like Tales or Nep crap and don't care about the quality at all.
I am actually thankful for Japan for still making stuff like this.
Western developers are all into making amazing experiences, while small Jap studios can still put out barely scrapped together games with small teams, that re-use elements from old games.
>>
Because back then, budget in video games wasn't that high so they kept pumping those shovelware up the PS2's ass

I actually missed that, because it can result some hidden gems.
>>
>>330569018
>quality control
ok thx, nevermind : https://youtu.be/H9PPrdu4rPw
>>
>>330568075

me neither but it would draw a clearer picture
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.