[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The "R Mika is a bad character design" bandwagon never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9
The "R Mika is a bad character design" bandwagon never fails to disappoint. It's fucking Street Fighter. There is a green guy with electricity powers. He doesn't even electrocute you, he electrocutes his fucking self first and then you second. And you know what we did in the 90s? We shrugged our shoulders and nodded at each other, "Oh shucks! Capcom is so wacky!" What will they think of next? They thought of a 7 foot tall Mexican and then they took a lunch break for 3 months and decided that thinking of new characters for Street Fighter was hard work for a pre-globalized world with fair wages. Let's see, we can make a game in one year that pulls enough profit to pay for each employee that worked on this for....let me get my calculator out, that's 5 million dollars per person here at Capcom. Ahhhhhh just steal Bruce Lee and keep the money. And Fei Long was and is loved, for no reason, really. Back then, you could take risks on retarded ideas and people would still love you. Think about it - the fact that someone went to a board meeting, just got done making a sketch of Ryu, and another man spoke up and said said "Okay, and then we make an Indian guy with stretchy legs." And they did. And despite Indians having no cultural relevance to stretchy legs, or fuck, cultural relevance in fighting or games in general? We have Dhalsim. Are we better for it? Yes, he adds something to the game and because it was the 90s, it wasn't for diversity or hashtags, it was just because some idiots in Japan were not ashamed that they didn't know anything about India. They had no ideas then and they still released a Street Fighter every year because it was profitable. R Mika is a Dostoevsky character compared to T Hawk.
>>
Certain characters get passes due to nostalgia, others don't. That's all it comes down to, really.
>>
>>330562015
Never seen anybody complain about R. Mika's character design but for some reason I can't stop laughing at

>Think about it - the fact that someone went to a board meeting, just got done making a sketch of Ryu, and another man spoke up and said said "Okay, and then we make an Indian guy with stretchy legs." And they did. And despite Indians having no cultural relevance to stretchy legs, or fuck, cultural relevance in fighting or games in general? We have Dhalsim
>>
>>330562015
You okay there buddy?
>>
>>330562015
They put Street Fighter on every system. They put it on a system with only 3 fucking buttons that couldn't produce anything that sounded human and told you to buy a controller for their game, and then told you to fuck off, No more street fighter games, and sorry about the controller you had to buy to play our game. Oh and all the characters sound like they have cystic fibrosis on the Genesis version, too. Look that up in Encarta. Games made money with no problem: For christ sake, they released a game where you needed to buy another game just to make the first game work - and it was a flagship Sonic game for $70 bucks...and it MADE money. Sonic and Knuckles was an extortion project, not a videogame. It didn't make "Uhh this game is successful, but we can't fund a sequel by ourselves" successful, it was "Let's put this faggot in a game about Pinball because Pinball rhymes with Spinball, a word we just made up." successful. The 90s were a time when you could make shit up without risk.
>>
Is this just r mika pasted in? Who the hell doesnt like her?
>>
File: greattiger_dhalsim[1].jpg (109 KB, 624x576) Image search: [Google]
greattiger_dhalsim[1].jpg
109 KB, 624x576
>>330562263
It's pretty true. "India guy" was pretty much the only jump-off point they had when making Dhalism.
>>
Who could hate on R. Mika?
>>
I dont get that Cammy attack
She would most definitely hurt her fingers if she hit someone
And the way Mika is doing, though its better Cammy, is no better than swinging your back hand alone. Youre not adding any additional power that way.
>>
I love the way Mika looks in SFV. Her eyes make her look like an actual Japanese woman
>>
>>330562604
bitter prudes
>>
File: jMrdvNN.jpg (58 KB, 602x673) Image search: [Google]
jMrdvNN.jpg
58 KB, 602x673
>>330562015
It's just her autism outfit. Reminds me of pic related.
>>
>And despite Indians having no cultural relevance to stretchy legs, or fuck, cultural relevance in fighting or games in general?
>Indians invented yoga stretching techniques
>the archetype of stretchy limbed Indian fighters already existed from movies like Master of thr Flying Guillotine
>Dhalsim's entire appearance is based on Indian Hindu skullbearers
>entire character is relevant to historic and pop culture influences
>>
File: hugo 2.png (3 MB, 1600x1272) Image search: [Google]
hugo 2.png
3 MB, 1600x1272
This is a long retort against someone who seemingly doesn't exist
>>
File: 1456068508236.jpg (312 KB, 1301x850) Image search: [Google]
1456068508236.jpg
312 KB, 1301x850
>>330562604
me because she is actually a he
>>
>>330562015
You realize that Rainbow Mika is also a 90s character, right?
>>
>>330562015
that block of text is really pleasant to read
>>
>>330564758
She clearly just pooped her pants.
>>
>>330562635
its a double axe handle, dude
its a classic pro wrestling move and as if this thread wasnt evident of it, japanese fucking LOVE pro wrestling
>>
>>330564920
In particular, they love lucha libre, over the top masked wrestling that they lifted from the Mexicans.

Mike is just designed to be a silly female masked wrestler. So of course she has dumb moves.
>>
>>330565301
Mika*
>>
Only shitty designs in SF are basically every original character from 3 desu. Also Hakan and the twins who are fucking nothing characters that belong in KoF or something equally drab.

I know this will trigger 3rd strike fags, but it's true.
>>
>>330562015
Your waifu is shit son get over it
>>
>>330565663
III may not be great, but IV has the worst original designs.

Hakan: wtf even is this shit
Crimson Viper: 90s SNK reject
Juri: Generic animu psychopath. Oh look she sticks her tongue out and talks tough and grimdark and zzzzzzzzzz
Seth: Even lamer than Gill
El Fuerte: Shameless SNK ripoff
Decapre: Oh boy it's Cammy and Juli and Juni 4.0
Oni: Oh another Akuma
>>
>>330562604
>kid face
Lmao shit artist
>>
>>330565696
this arguement "ender" always work. right?

If free speech were to end and Waifu Wars were to die because of it, I would support Feminism.
>>
>>330562604
>330562604
what the FUCK is up with that leg
it looks like a giant tumor
>>
File: 1456209422262.png (345 KB, 1280x921) Image search: [Google]
1456209422262.png
345 KB, 1280x921
I'm not going to read your long-ass post but I enjoy Mika's design as well, without finding her attractive.
>>
>>330562343
You could fail at everything in life and still get a job in middle management making a good income. If Sonic Spinball could be made un-ironically, then so can your salary. Now kids without STEM degrees are called worthless by job-secure 59 year olds in hiring HR. "Look, I don't think you're qualified for this job, Microsoft Excel can be very daunting. 900 people are competing for this job, and I found 500 math PhDs in Bangladesh who are willing to do the work over Skype. "It says here you have a degree in History: I had a degree in history too, art history - it's just like regular history only less. Fuck you." So part of our interview is to figure out a way for me to justify why I can work here and why you can't - which is hard because, keep in mind, I have some brown people that will work over Gmail and pay for their own long-distance Skype credit, which saves me about 99% of an otherwise healthy worker's salary per year. A few questions: Do you have a math PhD? No? Do you have the motivation to work under pressure..hold on i'm not done...Do you have the motivation to work under pressure even if you're being paid in circus peanuts? It's not looking good for you.
>>
>>330562015
sjw/pc these days
>>
File: Smorc.png (633 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Smorc.png
633 KB, 1200x675
>>330564414
>>the archetype of stretchy limbed Indian fighters already existed from movies like Master of thr Flying Guillotine
It's painful how so few people know this or have seen that movie.

>>330567169
Those two actually look really cute here.
>>
File: 20110723e.jpg (89 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
20110723e.jpg
89 KB, 512x512
I like it. There you go.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.