[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what exactly is the deal with hitman other than performance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: K53gDGij.png (351 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
K53gDGij.png
351 KB, 512x512
So what exactly is the deal with hitman other than performance issues?

They're releasing parts of the game at a time? so the full game hasn't been released? why are they doing this?
>>
>>330559149
Because thy wanna see how many good goys they can capture.

Also laziness.
>>
typical square enix publishing practices
>>
>>330559149
Because it would take them more time and SE wants them shekels right now.
But the first level is actually pretty good.

Hopefully there won't be a decline in quality because of the sales not being so strong.
>>
Why do i lose all my frame rate in online mode but offline is fine?
>>
>>330559305
>>330559354
>>330559420

so when should i buy the game? May?
>>
>>330560026
when it's finished and good
>>
The performance issues and the stupid always online are annyoing as fuck, but damn the Paris level is really good. Huge, detailed, lots of stuff to do.

>>330560026
When the physical version comes out probably.
>>
I find it funny how they flip flopped 2 times before on this already. Originally It was going to be episodic like this in december. Then it got delayed. Then they announced it would be $60 and full game (only 3 levels lol, free ones added later), then they wisened up and realized it would get panned if it didnt pretend to be episodic. I just think they didnt want to fund all the development up front for whatever reason and are using money from this to finish the game.
>>
>>330559149
so wait, is there only a downloadable Hitman game available right now?

what are its contents? I know there's some Episode one shit. Is that just one mission in one area?

wtf are they doing. I thought the retail Hitman game was released, a full game. And this episode shit was just for people who didn't want to buy the game but try it out.

im confused /blog
>>
>>330560690
This is the model the industry is moving toward, costs are too high so they're trying to get people to buy the game before they'll even commit to actually finishing it. Expect more shit like Deus Ex and it's "Preorder or we won't finish the game!" scam.
>>
>lock settings to hide terrible optimization
>People still report problems left and right
>Offline saves not compatible with online
Yeah fuck right off. It's always nice to safe some money
>>
>>330559149
>>330559149
Wait, so is this game out or not? Are people just playing like a mission or a demo, or is it the actual game?

I heard the release was postponed till next year or something.
>>
>>330561060
It's episodic really. The first episode is out, wich is the tutorials, 1st level and contracts.
>>
>>330561060
>>330560720
im so confused someone sum it up
>>
>>330561736
fucking gay. cant they do anything right? how hard is it to just make another blood money clone.
>>
>>330561736
So it's the fucking beta/demo they released now they've stuck tag on it?

whaat thee FUCCCKK, why isn't there more outrage?
>>
>>330561894
The first level isn't the tutorial.
>>
>>330561894
>whaat thee FUCCCKK, why isn't there more outrage?

Why get mad?

Just simply don't buy this shit

Casuals will get mad since they buy a game to speed through

You do this shit people won't care over time and devs would be lazy

It's a terrible idea

Like buying a pizza pie at full price only to get one slice every day.
>>
So besides the retarded fucking pricing method how is the rest of the game? From what I read its more like SA rather than blood money, is that true?

Also does it use denuvo?
>>
So they can test if things work and listen to player reactions. Hitman is all about the world, this way they can see what works and what doesn't, make bigger or smaller areas, more enclosed, more or less scripts for the targets.

Hopefully anyway, Hitman is honestly not bad as an episodic series as it's always broken into parts. So far it looks solid. It is a bit of a gamble however.

>>330562335

It's great. And yes it does.
>>
>>330563190
Guess I'll just wait for final edition or maybe a surprise crack
>>
>$15 for a beta
>One and a half levels
>It's literally Hitman Absolution
Can't you just get the full Absolution game for like $20 on Steam anyways? Why cuck yourself?
>>
>>330559871
Wait, really?
That's all I have to do to get a decent framerate?
>>
>>330564537
go away literally poster
>>
Levels are huge as fuck, the Paris level by itself has 4GB.

I don't mind waiting if every level is going to be like this. Sounds like it's unoptimized as fuck on PC though.
>>
File: hitman.png (141 KB, 661x673) Image search: [Google]
hitman.png
141 KB, 661x673
And it was $15 on Amazon like a month ago.
>>
File: hitman 2016-03-11 13-56-05-73.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hitman 2016-03-11 13-56-05-73.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
>>
File: hitman.jpg (67 KB, 463x642) Image search: [Google]
hitman.jpg
67 KB, 463x642
Just finished all boat challenges. Had some issues regardings the poison until I realized you could litteraly stand infront of anyone and poison a drink, abit odd.

Also I fell down as low as mid 30 fps, mostly 40-45 during this level using these settings.

[email protected], 780gtx, 8gb ram.
>>
>>330560886
>shit
Just because you don't like how the free market works it doesn't mean it's shit.
>>
>>330568139
That sounds about right.
[email protected], 780ti

I really hope they unfuck the performance.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Nvidia fucking shit up again.
>>
>So what exactly is the deal with hitman other than performance issues?
Online DRM in a single player game. If the server goes down you get instantly kicked out of the game.
Arbitrarily locking graphics options (greying them out), forcing players to edit registry and .ini files themselves.
>They're releasing parts of the game at a time? so the full game hasn't been released?
It's AAA early access / episodic format while the devs are in full denial mode, insisting that the game is a "platform". Kind of same when Overkill asked Payday 2 players for donations while denying they're donations.
>why are they doing this?
Jews.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.