[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I'm halfway through Yakuza 1 and I have to say, this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: 1-kazuma-kiryu.jpg (44 KB, 423x599) Image search: [Google]
1-kazuma-kiryu.jpg
44 KB, 423x599
So I'm halfway through Yakuza 1 and I have to say, this guy is probably the most based protagonist in all of vidya. I dare to try and name a better one. You can't.
>>
Congrats OP, he is pretty awesome. 3 kinda of spoils him though, he's not just a reforming criminal with a strong code of ethics, he's a fucking saint.
>>
>>330551041
You haven't even gotten to the most based character in the series yet.
>>
>>330551215
He was fucking awesome, till it's revealed he didn't actually killed those dudes and he couldn't even notice the difference between an actual wound and a rubber bullet one. He was also retraded in 5
>>
>>330551041
I've played the other games and he's just a boring 1 dimensional tool like the entire Yakuza cast so I guess anyone else
>>
>>330551424
So writes a homosexual
>>
>>330551527
Wow what an original and witty insult yawn
>>
>>330551141
Yeah 3 & 4 sorta turn him into "yakuza jesus"
5 felt like a return to form for his character to some extent in my opinion
>>
Every time a new game is announced I keep hoping that they're going to retire Kiryu, but they keep bringing him back. He's so played out at this point. The only interesting characterization he's had since Y2 was in Y0, and that's just because we get to see a younger version of him.
>>
File: This is my Fuck Stick.jpg (290 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
This is my Fuck Stick.jpg
290 KB, 1920x1080
>>
I finished the first game last week and am now halfway through Yakuza 2. I can't wait to get to 5 and 0 for the new combat
>>
File: 43915736.jpg (131 KB, 561x735) Image search: [Google]
43915736.jpg
131 KB, 561x735
>>330552472
They've either got to drop the "can't escape the thug life but I'll keep on trying" schtick or just drop him as the protag already, yeah. Even when he's fun like he is in 5 this still sort of drags him down I feel.

I want a goddamn Kiryu Family just once, even if it ends up being a one-game thing that gets disbanded by the end. Doesn't have to be within the Tojo either, on the contrary it'd be way cooler if he sets up a family based in Okinawa tokeep his hometown orderly whilst pressuring Daigo to stop being a shit or get wrecked by his boys. Something to that effect, I dunno, just anything except the usual internal power struggle within the Tojo that only Kiryu can sort scenario would be nice really.
>>
Majima is the best character hands down
>>
>>330554059
Best character is Mack
>>
File: 1449082570428.png (105 KB, 300x214) Image search: [Google]
1449082570428.png
105 KB, 300x214
https://youtu.be/SgHfvB8cbpI

>these actions
>>
BABA
>>
>>330551041
>Playing through Project X Zone 2
>Kazuma and Majima are one of the first pairs you get
>Watch them kick all sorts of ass makes me want to play the Yakuza games
>Haven't owned a Sony console in over 10 years

Fuck.
>>
>>330554201
>run into Mack in Y5
>still friendly and happy as ever
what a guy
there's explosions and massive gang wars every game, but this dude is just thrilled to be there
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.