[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why Twilight Princess is considered as one of the worst Zelda?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6
File: twilightprincessgb.jpg (61 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
twilightprincessgb.jpg
61 KB, 500x450
Why Twilight Princess is considered as one of the worst Zelda?

Is basically Ocarina of time done right!
>>
>>330550157

If it wasn't for the goddamn intro and the monkey temple it would be fantastic

It took me months to pass them because it was all so fucking boring. Once it's over then the game is good
>>
File: midna-1.gif (2 MB, 300x328) Image search: [Google]
midna-1.gif
2 MB, 300x328
>>
OoT done right was OoT.

OoT done on an eerie spin was MM.

Toilet Princess wants be hardcore but his parents won't let him.

I mean seriously the stakes aren't even as high(in OOT you're resetting a timeline where ganondorf has won, and in MM the world is literally ending, TP just has you defending from some invading dickbags with dark world magic), and the characters it wants you to rescue have no charm or personality. At least in SS when zelda inevitably gets nabbed there's been decent build up of her, even if some of it is blatant waifu pandering.
>>
>>330550603
So you play LoZ games for the plot? What a fucking loser.

MM was blatantly rushed and the dungeons were shit. TP has the best dungeons in the franchise.
>>
>>330550157
well it had potential there op. What was wanting was the over world being so barren there was maybe an accasional moblin attack. Now if you lift the twilight through out hyrule then people started traversing between areas and there were bandits jumping you more often and large monsters wondering the land, and if they color style wasn't so brooding and that awful yellow tint, we could have an interesting game.
>>
>>330550965
>MM was blatantly rushed
Yea, no shit. It was made in less than a year and is still much better than most games i can think of that are infamous for being rushed.
>>
>>330550965
Well there's your answer, toilet princess is not beloved because most people are not BDSM loving faggots that play for the dungeons.
>>
Im the one guy who prefers wind waker
>>
>>330550965
>TP has the best dungeons in the franchise.
It has some of the better 3D dungeons but let's not go overboard.
It had a few shitty ones too. Lakebed and Temple of Time are fucking garbage.

Also, every single thing that happens between those dungeons is boring as shit. Twilight Princess is the biggest victim of blatant padding in the series and the whole game suffers for it, with constant fetch quests, tutorials and a world that somehow managed to be more featureless than a giant expanse of water. Even if you only enjoy the dungeons they're just one third of the game and the rest of it is mediocre at best.

>MM was blatantly rushed and the dungeons were shit
Why are you playing Majora's Mask for the dungeons when its main appeals are the sidequests, atmosphere and time system?
The games complimentary to OoT, not trying to surpass it. It emphasizes the things OoT didn't really go as far with while playing down the things it did perfectly.
>>
>>330551291
I do too. It's comfy and fluid with an unmatched atmosphere. Too good.
>>
>>330550285
so you think the game is bad because the intro was a bit too long?
It's all just exposition, and it's not THAT bad.
I agree it's slow and tedious when you just want to get to the main adventure, but by no means does it ruin an entire game
>>
>>330550603

OoT done on an eerie spin was TP

MM wants be hardcore but his parents won't let him
>>
>>330551291
Me too.
The atmosphere of this game remains unmatched.
>>
>>330552721
eerie =/= edgy m8
>>
>>330552835
edgy is just slang for eerie shit you dont like
>>
i like it the most too op
>>
>>330550157
>Why [name] is considered
>Is basically
Learn English before posting, please.
>>
>>330553031
You're slang for dumbass.
>>
>>330553137
you're slang for bitch
>>
>>330550157
OoT is bread. Every 3d game afterwards is a sandwich.
>>
>>330550157
Most Zelda games are good with the exception of the exception of cross dressing Zelda and Spirit Tracks
>>
File: 1380680758874.jpg (135 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1380680758874.jpg
135 KB, 380x380
>>330550603

Well Midna and Link are both cursed, and Midna is not only likeable, but you share goals because defeating Zant means you both go back to normal and she gets back her realm.

I always thought the "lol it was Ganondorf all along" was fucking dumb.

It would have been fine with just Midna and Link going on a rampage to get back to normal, it didn't needed to be a world threatening issue.
>>
>>330553517

Spirit Tracks was top comfy and ghost Zelda was cute. fuck you
>>
File: 1453670640103.jpg (93 KB, 620x670) Image search: [Google]
1453670640103.jpg
93 KB, 620x670
This thread makes me wanna replay Skyward Sword. God, I love Skyward Sword. It was a lot of fun.
>>
Because it did not do anything not already done in OoT.

>>330553517
I enjoyed them both.
>>
>>330553353
This guy gets it.
>>
>>330550965
>MM was blatantly rushed and the dungeons were shit

and it was a better game, with better dungeons, than TP. speaks volumes about how bad TP is. only good thing in tp is midna, but she has pretty much just become a meme character over the years
>>
File: 1396212950608.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1396212950608.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
>>330550157

>Realize Midna's name comes from Midnight
>Midnaito
>>
>>330553928
>any zelda
>better dungeons than TP

low tier bait m8
>>
>>330553782
I love SS too , actually I love all Zelda games.
>>
>>330554101
so man, what about tp dungeons are so good? the dungeon thats literally a fetch quest? lol
>>
>>330550603
Playing through Twilight Princess HD. As of now, I have yet to feel any relation or enjoyment out of any of the characters. Even Midna. Hopefully this'll change.
>>
File: 1447202330450.jpg (119 KB, 767x563) Image search: [Google]
1447202330450.jpg
119 KB, 767x563
>>330553647
Honestly I'd be fine with the big bad progression if only Zant didn't get suddenly struck with autism.

>get into his room
>he starts doing his speech
>suddenly starts twisting around and acting like a spaz
>mfw
>>
>>330554236
I love most Zelda games, myself. I can't stand Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks, though, and I haven't tried Triforce Heroes. The only Zelda games I haven't finished are Spirit Tracks, Four Swords Adventures (fucking rough) and Triforce Heroes (obviously). I'm not including the CD-i "games".
>>
>>330550157

>The Ice temple
>The Spooky skeleton teaching you things
>The Dragon fight
>The Sand temple and spinning gears to fight a giant skeleton dragon.

I remember most of the bosses from TP and that's REALLY saying something, usually Zelda bosses are completely forgettable. The 2nd half of the game was fantastic.
>>
>>330554404
I understand the hate that Spirit Tracks gets, but I've always seemed to like it. I don't know why, but something about traveling to each area on a train was enjoyable to me.
>>
>>330554651
I like how the "spooky skeleton" is actually Link from Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>330550405
Post Midna's full moon.
>>
>>330550157
It just needed more side missions. Like Majora's Mask. Then it'd have more gameplay time and some of the items could be more useful. That and you could get to know the people more. That and there should have been more sword, clothing, armor selections. That and more boar battles. I just want more out of a zelda game. I want the game to hit on magic, gigantic battles, exploration, non storyline quests, and interesting varied clothing/swords.
>>
>>330554678
The music certainly helps.
https://youtu.be/7mnPPOgf000
>>
>>330550157
Most of the game is forgettable except the last third which is where the game finally picks up some kind of speed. Also the overworld is fucking terrible, Wind Waker's was mostly empty too but it tricks you into thinking there's a lot to see and has a plot explanation for it. TP's is just lazy.
>>
>>330554236
Yeah, I haven't played one I didn't like. I even played CDI Zelda and it didn't seem that bad. Got bored though.
>>
>>330551291
Same.

I can't stand TP's brown and bloom, and the overworld feels so dull compared to WW or even OoT.
>>
https://youtu.be/jb7Evy9GCng

TP had great music. I usually hate video game music.
>>
>>330555559
All zelda's need to take some notes from Majora's Mask. The side quests made the game. Now if they could just balance that with the main story and exploration.
>>
>>330550157
I finished this game 3 weeks ago for the first time.
And I barely remember anything besides Midna.
It isn't bad, but is not a memorable game.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.