[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the appeal of this series? Looks stupid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: file.png (1 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 960x540
What is the appeal of this series?

Looks stupid
>>
>>330545570

you look stupid
>>
File: honesttruth.jpg (24 KB, 517x600) Image search: [Google]
honesttruth.jpg
24 KB, 517x600
>>330545570
It's tomb raider for faggots basically.
>>
>>330545570
Are you asking us to convince you to play it? If so go fuck yourself. I don't care what you play.
>>
File: uncharted2screen4.jpg (48 KB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
uncharted2screen4.jpg
48 KB, 550x309
>>330545570
it was the best written script in a video game for it's time dialogue wise. Shit was kind of revolutionary. The gameplay is passable though. Only two is really worth playing in my opinion but i think the 4th one is going to be great. I know i'll get haters but uncharted has a special place in my heart i don't give a fuck.
>>
to get the cintamani stone from kubla kahn. but it looks like we've got company!
>>
>>330545570
this
>>330545638
It requires little to no thinking - perfect for casual dudebros.
>>
>>330545570
Just feels like the essence of a good action-adventure movie, but as a game. Fun characters, fun scenarios and set pieces, pretty art, sometimes fun combat. It captures a satisfying feeling of going on a big adventure, traveling far, spending lots of time. It's an illusion, like it would be in a film, but I think it's fairly successful at it. Except the first game, that basically takes place in one locale and doesn't really have as much of an illusion.
Actually, I replayed the first one recently, and it sort of sucks pretty bad outside a few parts. Design's shit. The second one improves significantly upon it, and I think most would agree that 2's the best. If you want to play the games, I'd say you should try 1 but just skip it if it's pissing you off because it's basically the same the whole way through.
>>
>>330546171
You're a huge faggot
>>
>>330546346
see
>>330546363
>>
I've been playing 1 on the HD collection and holy shit it's boring
>>
>>330545570
It's one giant sight seeing tour with the second and third games dragging on way to long in order to cram in as many set pieces as they can.
>>
>>330546413
my advice >>330546346
>I replayed the first one recently, and it sort of sucks pretty bad outside a few parts. Design's shit. The second one improves significantly upon it, and I think most would agree that 2's the best. If you want to play the games, I'd say you should try 1 but just skip it if it's pissing you off because it's basically the same the whole way through.
>>
>>330545570
It is stupid. But it's fun stupid.

I prefer Tomb Raider

I agree 1 is honestly... a steaming pile of shit. The rest are great though.
>>
>>330546171
Amy Henning was fired so I have no hope about the writing.
>>
Uncharted 2 is really good. Great adventure and you can tell how much love the developers put into the game.
>>
>>330545570
Naughty Dog has been slapping their original fans in the face for years with this cinematic movie shit.
>>
>>330546714
I kind of have more hope, Amy Hennings writing was more suitable for a funner quirkier entry in the series like the first one but as the games progressed it seemed more out of place. The 4th one seems more grounded and realistic and I'm pretty sure the last of us guys can handle the dialogue pretty well. I hope
>>
File: Neil_Druckmann_SDCC_2015.jpg (14 KB, 220x314) Image search: [Google]
Neil_Druckmann_SDCC_2015.jpg
14 KB, 220x314
>>330546714
There's still hope
>>
>>330545570
He's more Indiana Jones than Lara is.
>>
>>330546902
They'll be fine. And one of the biggest things to keep in mind is that the two best Uncharted had a 'jokes guy' in Josh Scherr, who is very much handling that role in 4 just as he did in the first two.
>>
>>330545570
The only good Uncharted is the second one.
>>
I remember its multiplayer being pretty damn fun.
>>
Fun adventure games. /v/ hates them because Sony and because they are popular
>>
>>330545570
>Looks stupid
Well it is.
>>
>>330546902
>funner quirkier entry

>the fucking death scenes in Unchy2

m8, do you even played the best Unchy ?
>>
>>330547319
speaking of, anyone got the webm of uncharted 4 multiplayer, when there was like 3 people grapple-hooking around some lamp or something
>>
File: humble bundle.webm (3 MB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
humble bundle.webm
3 MB, 640x512
>>330547525
This one ?
>>
>>330547638

>uncharted 4 has a new bmx mode

How did ND keep it hidden from us for so long?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.