[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it good? pc or psp?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10
is it good? pc or psp?
>>
>>330544549
emulate the psp version on your pc.
seriously though if you play the pc version make sure you have a compatible controller because mouse and keyboard are terrible for it.
>>
It's not that amazing but it's the best FF since XII. PC.
>>
did they ever fix the motion blur on the console versions
>>
>>330546586
They tuned it down. You can turn it off in the PC version IIRC.
>>
>>330544549
emulate psp on pc. Models don't stick out like unfinished 3D models on hi res backgrounds and you get the multiplayer too if you want to set it up. You can also use cheats to skip the grind found in psp and pc versions to make your other members up to par.
>>
>>330547443
>You can also use cheats
Confirmed casual.
>>
>>330544549
PC has shiny graphics and steam achievements, but is locked at 30fps
PSP has shit graphics but can be run at 60fps on an emulator

Your choice.
>>
File: 1456291993989.png (291 KB, 425x375) Image search: [Google]
1456291993989.png
291 KB, 425x375
>>330544549
I played 5 hours of it on PS4 and none of the characters got much development in the story and I didn't really enjoy the gameplay all that much.

I realise that I could talk to them in events and all that, but . . . I don't know jack shit about Ace. The guy on the cover. After 5 hours.

Amazing OST though
>>
>>330548094
People who choose nice graphics and achievements over higher frame rate are the cancer that is killing the industry
I played the PC version
>>
File: FFType0-CinqueRender2.png (623 KB, 452x1448) Image search: [Google]
FFType0-CinqueRender2.png
623 KB, 452x1448
>>330544549
The combat is okay but 90% of it is just "wait for flashing killsight to appear, then attack to OHKO the opponent". The killsight does so much damage that it's barely even worth the effort of attacking when it's not there.

The world map is garbage with almost nothing to find and exploration is restricted by game chapter. Even in the final chapter where you're allowed to explore you still have several areas of the world map locked off. The airship is also locked behind an easily missable sidequest in a late chapter.

The story is promising for a while but Ace, Machina, and Rem are the only characters who get any development or story focus while the rest of Class Zero are just various tropes with zero depth. The story has some great scenes but ultimately shits itself with rushed developments towards the end and a sudden twist that was done for nothing but shock value which results in a terrible final chapter and ending.

Great soundtrack, though.

Also, Cinque is best girl.
>>
>>330544549
PS4 because FFXV demo
No other reason to play this worthless piece of shit otherwise.
>>
>>330548094
>PSP has shit graphics but can be run at 60fps on an emulator
Isn't it 60 FPS in the same way that Crisis Core is, where it just doubles the frames at 60FPS so the game is still technically running at 30 sans the menus?
>>
File: eight training.webm (2 MB, 480x272) Image search: [Google]
eight training.webm
2 MB, 480x272
It's fun.
>>
>>330549196
Stop putting this webm in every thread.
It doesn't look nor play fun or entertaining.
>>
>>330549235
This
>>
>>330549235
Looks fun to me, fag
>>
>>330549585
Congrats, you're a person with no standards.
>>
File: 1453257900667.gif (2 MB, 554x307) Image search: [Google]
1453257900667.gif
2 MB, 554x307
>>330549625
>>
>>330544549
Ehhh, I regret getting it on PC. If they released a PSP version, I would have got that instead. The format of play suits itself to portables.

Not only that, the visuals seem to hinder my experience more than anything; the snappy camera, the motion blur, the depth of field, like they changed the models and added more spell detail, but then proceeded to add every terrible filter effect imaginable that looks super sloppy and cheap. 90% of the other models and textures seem unchanged from the PSP too.

It was just a superficial coat of paint so people would pay top dollar for a PSP game. I would have rather played it on my Vita honestly. I still haven't finished it because its such a slow game progression wise, and the gameplay is really shallow.
>>
OP you just reminded me that I've had this game lying around for months un-played.
>>
>>330549768
why is the crocogator sad
>>
>>330549881
I'm sorry, I got it on PS4. I never got the PC version.
>>
>>330549881
>the motion blur, the depth of field
Why not just turn those off?
>>
File: Seven - Final Fantasy Type-0.png (890 KB, 2055x1360) Image search: [Google]
Seven - Final Fantasy Type-0.png
890 KB, 2055x1360
I love Not-Lightning
>>
>>330549989
You can't on PS4, even then it wouldn't have improved my experience to any significant degree.

>>330550045
Why did she always show off her spats at any given chance?
>>
>>330550095
>You can't on PS4
Your original post say PC, which is why I said that.

I don't see how playing the game on a handheld would have made it better, though. It's either good on it's own or not. Playing it portably or otherwise doesn't really affect that outside of potential hardware restrictions ruining performance.
>>
>>330548462
This seems like the most sensible opinion.
I only played the first mission to give it a try and yeah... the combat seemed pretty fun but really shallow.
Maybe if the movepool got larger but looking at >>330549196 it seems like it's probably not the case.

It feels like a dumbed down kingdom hearts, but so has every SE game after KH2
>>
>>330550174
Pick up and play format, which is what it was meant for and the cut multiplayer.

It just wasn't designed around being a console game and it shows. There was never anything significantly wrong with the performance with the original as far as I can see, moreso when the game is locked in framerate on all versions to begin with.

Again, I would have rather got the PSP version, this is just a lazy effort and I would have likely finished it if I could have paced myself through it. Instead, its been shelved past the first week I've owned it.
>>
>>330550335
>I would have likely finished it if I could have paced myself through it
That honestly sounds more like a personal issue or that the game is just bad in general, regardless of the platform.
>>
>>330550406
Naw, the remake was just bad and offputting. You seem to be ignoring a lot of points for the sake of it.
>>
>>330550235
>Maybe if the movepool got larger but looking at >>330549196 it seems like it's probably not the case.
All of the characters learn a lot of different abilities as they level up, but you're only allowed to freely equip 2 at once which seriously limits your options and the combat's complexity.
>>
>>330550441
No, I get what you're saying about the graphics and how cheap it looks overall. That's fine.

What I'm saying is that the gameplay sounds like it's bad regardless of the platform and/or that pacing yourself isn't something requires platform exclusivity.
>>
>>330550538
You can pace yourself or play in short bursts on a portable. That's all there is to it. It's a more convenient platform that doesn't require the unit to be in a single place.

And again, the snapping camera was not a feature of the original, nor was the removed multiplayer. It's not a bad game, but with portable titles, simpler things are often made and expected, this isn't a new concept.

Something like Bravely Default is a cheap experience when compared to something like Ni No Kuni or Fire Emblem X SMT.
>>
>>330550802
You can pace yourself or play in short bursts on a PS4 or PC too. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>330550802
>You can pace yourself or play in short bursts on a portable
But you can do this on a mainline console, too? I guess I don't understand this because when I play video games, I'm sitting down to play some video games. If I want to stop, nothing is stopping me regardless of the platform or where I can play it.

If a game is cheap and/or has bad features, excusing it because it's portable doesn't make it okay. It just means you can play bad games on the go.
>>
>>330550935
Not really, no. I can segment it between other places in my house, watching TV upstairs, being on the toilet, or being out of the house. I don't have to be in front of my TV or setup to play it. You have to be in a set location to enjoy it.

>>330550942
See above, the game is repetitive and requires a lot of repetitive acts to progress the story. I have every console too and a high end PC, its a matter of portable games being formatted for portable play, be it simple design or general fluff.

Tons of 3DS games, for example, despite being shit are praised pretty highly. This is because the bar is set lower.
>>
File: 1448305534290.png (205 KB, 399x453) Image search: [Google]
1448305534290.png
205 KB, 399x453
>>330551297
>using your handhelds while on the toilet
This is just as stupid as it is disgusting.
>>
>>330548462

I agree with most of this. The combat is 95% dodging like a madman to avoid being one shot and then praying that you have a character with a fast attack animation so that you don't miss the killsight/armorbreak. Which is a shame because there are a lot of fun characters to play and I got sad when Jack sort of fell off compared to Ace and King.

World map is only locked off if you aren't doing the expert trials. Which are thirty levels above you and will one shot you so dont bother til your second playthrough.

Last chapter is a total joke and I can't believe how many plot threads were just completely abandoned and how out of left field the reveal was. Jesus.

Sice is best girl
>>
>>330551432
I would fart on your hand if I could too, anon.
>>
>>330551297
But you can segment it by doing other shit or taking a break. Just because you can play it more places doesn't mean you can't pace yourself on another platform.

I still don't really get what you mean by portable play. If a game is bad, it's bad. That's regardless of the platform. If it has more fluff that pads out the game pointlessly, it's still bad even on a handheld.
>>
>>330551523
I need to be in one location to take these breaks, that's all there is to it. Other platforms also have access to other countless games, many of which are likely worth the sit down time than this one.

It's the concept of portable design. Stuff like bravely default would be considered shit if it were released on PC.
>>
>>330551635
>I need to be in one location to take these breaks
No you don't?
Pause the game and go do what you need.

And Bravely Default is shit by default. The fact that it's on a portable is the least of its problems.

If a game is bad, it's bad. I stand by that. Just because the game is on a portable platform doesn't mean the bar should be set lower, and if you find a game unenjoyable, being able to take it with you wouldn't make it enjoyable in the process.
>>
File: XV demo1.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
XV demo1.webm
3 MB, 600x336
Can we talk about the superior piece of content that came with this ass of a game?

What were your main concerns with it?
Have the latest ATR reinforced your hype for it?
>>
>>330551915
I hated ravage animations, especially for the 1h sword.

Hopefully they're gone, couldn't quiet get in the Niflheim footage since Noctis only used Crush ones.
>>
File: 1457306895375.gif (968 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1457306895375.gif
968 KB, 245x245
>>330544549
>is it good?
Fuck no. I could barely get past the intro of the other faggot kids before I had to stop. The dialogue is just garbage. And there's a literal Lightning clone.

And the artificial motion blur they put in the game for seemingly no reason at all is sickening.
>>
>>330548301
Yeah, the game is pretty much about machina and his female friend. All the other character are more like avatars for the player
>>
>>330551479
>World map is only locked off if you aren't doing the expert trials.
Oh, my bad. I only tried one of those early on and got my shit kicked in pretty quickly, so I figured they were intended for NG+ and didn't try any more, so I didn't realise they opened up the map.

>Sice is best girl
An acceptable answer, since she's second-best.
>>
>>330551915
Duscae was fucking shit, but at least it sounds like they've been working on the problems.
The area was empty and boring visually, the stupid setpieces of following behind one of the other guys while they talk at you or crawling through shit as poorly masked loading zones, and the combat being nothing but hold square to win.
>>
File: 1457624131046.png (1 MB, 1132x960) Image search: [Google]
1457624131046.png
1 MB, 1132x960
>>330551432
>just sitting there staring at your Dick while you poop
>not combining two of life's greatest pleasures
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.