[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you do to fix Ico?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: ico-10.jpg (562 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ico-10.jpg
562 KB, 1600x1200
What would you do to fix Ico?
>>
remake in vr using the wands to hold her hand
>>
4k on a 144hz monitor, that's it really It's pretty timeless as it is. The artstyle is beautiful despite the older tech, the game plays great, the story is still touching and beautiful, and the level design is still brilliant.
>>
>>330541796
they announced gloves for the vive
>>
>>330542503
> the game plays great

Seriously?

The combat system is the worst fucking thing ever.
>>
>>330541209
Helium tank and CPAP mask pack-in so that you can take her hand and be with her forever
>>
>>330541209
remaster it for ps4 alongside SotC.
>>
>>330542885
The game is not about combat, genius.
Any more sophisitcation and it would turn into a hack and slash, which would defeat the purpose.
>>
>>330544931
>Game forces you through painfully boring and repetive combat sections over and over
>It's intentionally shit though so it's okay
>>
>>330541209
> fix ico
But why would you try to improve upon perfection?
>>
Actually explain the plot and the lore.
>>
>>330545268
Well yes, because they only happen at a few places. The focus is on the puzzles. The combat is just there to add a sense of peril and urgency. Can't go leaving Yorda behind to make things easier. Realistically, a small child with a stick wouldn't be doing much against shadow demons anyhow.

ICO is not a good game though.
>>
>>330545468
>they only happen at a few places.

I remember that shit happening constantly.

And no, I did not leave Yorda behind.
>>
What game was better? ICO or SotC?

I've always preferred ICO because whenever I decide to play it I can stay up all night and complete it in 6 hours. I sit in almost darkness with a small light on and it reminds me of better days.
>>
>>330545287
> improve upon perfection?
sound quality, resolution quality, bump up to 120 fps+, graphical quality
also the games has literally no replay value, and it's core gameplay is pretty shit regardless of how well it merges story and gameplay, shadow of the colossus was WAY better beacuse it had a great gameplay experience and a great storytelling experience, that were linked like ico was, ico feels like an amateur project by comparison
>>
>>330545312
Whatever you come up with in your head is better than whatever story they had in mind at the time.
If you're too much of a dunce to come up with your own ideas you could read the Ico novel. It's all wrong and bad. I have it. Waste of money if you ask me.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.