[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it still worth playing even with the shitty ending?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5
File: garrus_vakarian.jpg (118 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
garrus_vakarian.jpg
118 KB, 1191x670
is it still worth playing even with the shitty ending?
>>
>>330540998
sack of potatoes
>>
>>330540998
A game is more than the size of the hype and its ending.
>>
If you concerned about the overall story, just play Mass Effect 2 alone.

Fans didn't like it because its plot felt removed from the overall plot.
>>
>>330540998
If you didn't spoil yourself, it's a whole lot better if you mod it.
>>
Half the appeal of the games was the world building and characters. The other half was the illusion that your choices matter. All of those things get flushed down the shitter in the end, so unless you purely want it for the gameplay, don't bother.
>>
You're convinced to commit suicide at the end by your enemy.

What do you think?
>>
>>330540998
Only because of ME2.

1 and 3 are shit.

Also, go renegade and vanguard for maximum fun potential.
>>
Just play them all a little bit and continue with the ones you enjoy as you're playing them without worrying about something that happens after your potential fun playing the games.
Or just stop playing before the end of 3 if you're a massive baby who doesn't play games for gameplay.
>>
>>330542049
vanguard in 3 sucked
why would they remove the short invincibility after the charge?
>charge
>get hit in the face
>oh shit better get away again
>wait i didn't even get to shoot him
>>
>>330542430
Don't use charge on armoured enemies, use it on groups of weaker ones and follow up with Nova and shotguns.
>>
>>330540998
1 and 2, yes.

3, no.
>>
>>330542430
They gave Vanguards Nova instead. Vanguards in 3 are more spell based than gun based.
>>
>>330540998
Tuchanka missions and London battle are pure gold, so was multiplayer but its dead now. Rest is just bullshit.
I'm not even mad right now. ME3 was a tombstone of the series.
>>
>>330543548
For some reason the combat in ME3 felt more boring than the other two games.
>>
>>330543548
>London battle
what london battle? It was a fucking shame.

ME3 has no redeemable value at all
>>
>>330543641
That battle on the junction, before launching those big ass missiles into Reaper. it was sick ass fun on hard difficulity, waves of banshees and brutes swarming from all directions, good stuff.
It sadly got overshadowed by totally shitty Citadel scenes that followed it,
>>
>>330540998
The gameplay is still entertaining, just don't get too involved in the story because it really goes down the drain, and not only the ending, it starts in ME2 and only gets worse in ME3
>>
All three are worth playing at least once. More than that and you'll see how your choices meant fuck-all.
>>
>>330542049
1 was fucking amazing
the music
the atmosphere
the everything

I played it after 2, so it's not nostalgia
>>
>>330540998
I just do what I do with Dead space just stop at the 2nd game and treat it as the true ending
>>
File: pW9cpIT.jpg (425 KB, 3110x2073) Image search: [Google]
pW9cpIT.jpg
425 KB, 3110x2073
>>330541286
What are you talking about?
>>
File: GarrusME200.png (1 MB, 1745x1059) Image search: [Google]
GarrusME200.png
1 MB, 1745x1059
>>330545587
>>
Honestly play all three then once you get attached to the characters play the citadel DLC and end the game there
>>
>>330540998
yeah, they're all great games
and that only serves to make the ending sting more
>>
Play the first one
Play the second one
Play the third one's multiplayer
>>
Ash best grill
>>
>>330540998
No. All of the missions and dialogue in 3 are either fan service or blatantly written in 15 minutes in daily "donut meetings" or whatever stupid shit they came up with. That's what I imagine they did.
>>
>>330546686
Is it even alive anymore?
>>
>>330540998
1 is good, 2 is okay , 3 is bad.
>>
>>330548554
Very much yeah
At least on xbox
>>
>>330549501
2 is the best in the series tho.
>>
File: 36578.png (324 KB, 844x433) Image search: [Google]
36578.png
324 KB, 844x433
Playing the mass effect series trough is so cheap nowadays that it's definitely worth it.

Combat is fun, the characters are cool and likeable and the story as a whole is good, it's just that the story's ending gets a bit ruined at the end but it's not like you lost all the fun you had.
I literally had a bit of mantears coming off at one point.

EDI best girl
>>
>>330541354
>If you concerned about the overall story, just play Mass Effect 2 alone.
but Mass Effect 1 is better
>>
>>330540998
yeah, it's my fav game series of all time
>>
ME1's Story was better than 2, ME2's gameplay was better than 1. Never played 3.
>>
>>330540998
like, entire series? Sure, ME isn't bad as a series and ME1 is a great game. Games (again, especially ME1) are delivering this feel of enormous interplanetary adventure very well, and setting is quite alright.

Worth a shot.
>>
>>330550702
2 was on rails and garbage
>>
>>330554601
ME3's combat is a major improvement over 2. Too bad they downgraded everything else. Story and dialog is a all downright cringeworthy. Only wanting to complete it kept me going.
>>
I played ME1 twice and I always left it halfway through because it's boring

Should I just skip it and play 2 instead?
>>
>>330540998
I did a play through recently, it was pretty fun. I kinda just end up doing the same paragon run everytime though with a few renegade interrupts/choices.
>>
>>330540998
I hate this fuckers that always want good ending go watch some disney shit
>>
Just play ME1 then pretend the Reapers died with Sovereign

ME2 can just be some non canon spinoff.
>>
File: masseffect3inanutshell.jpg (112 KB, 480x303) Image search: [Google]
masseffect3inanutshell.jpg
112 KB, 480x303
>>330555180
Mass 3's ending wasn't bad because you didn't get happily everyafter, it was bad because it was poorly written and presented lame garbage.

I also think people forgave the rest of the game too much. It's overall just so fucking bad, George Lucas -bad.
>>
>>330553296
Waifus is what killed this fucking series.
Insteda of focusing on gameplay, story or actually interesting characters like Zaed motherfucking Massani we got alien chicks dating sim.
Thx dude, now I'm angry again. I missed that feeling.
>>
>>330540998
It's the journey that matters. This game is so dense, that you could get sad when it ends.
>>
>>330540998
Play them
>>
>>330543548
The London segment was awful, the final defence bit was only good from a purely difficulty and intensity standpoint, everything after priority:Rannoch felt rushed
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.