[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were there any threads about this today? Croteam just releas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: 1377977783485.jpg (198 KB, 1078x1348) Image search: [Google]
1377977783485.jpg
198 KB, 1078x1348
Were there any threads about this today? Croteam just released the source code for the version of the Serious Engine used in the First and Second Encounters.

https://twitter.com/Croteam/status/708318491921752064

https://github.com/Croteam-official/Serious-Engine

Wonder exactly what people could do with this stuff. Obviously better modding of the first two games at least. And cross platform versions.
>>
Wow and it only took how long? No one cares anymore.
>>
Are you serious?
>>
>>330530478
>the Serious Engine used in the First and Second Encounters

Including the crazy gravity shit they had in some secrets and levels?
>>
>>330530478

I remember being very impressed with that engine. The first two games were really good. Serious sam 2 turned out to be a fucking cartoon tho. Never played past the first levels.
>>
>>330531041
yes
>>
File: spiderdog.jpg (84 KB, 897x792) Image search: [Google]
spiderdog.jpg
84 KB, 897x792
>>330530478
Thats cool and all, but the engine is old.
In the age of Unreal Engine 4, which is FREE, why would anyone care?
>>
Oh shit that's awesome.
>>
>>330531823
Because it's a great engine that can make pretty good looking games with HUGE playing areas, insane gravity shit, a billion monsters on screen at once all at 200fps+.

Also, Serious Sam classic in true widescreen. Get on it, mates.
>>
>>330533481
What's wrong with the widescreen in SS1 and 2?
>>
neat
>>
Too old, who cares? Would have been nicer for them to have released it 2 years ago when the Serious Sam Origin devs were struggling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx6XE7VCYQU
>>
So what benefits does it bring to regular gamers?
How dead is SS modding scene?
>>
>>330531823
Source ports to every platform on the planet like Doom I'd hope.
>>
>>330530478
Fukken noice. now i can build shitty custom game
>>
>>330530478
holy shit someone recreate Heretic or Hexen in that shit, I was always blown out by the sheer options that serious engine offered.
>>
Serious sam HD episodes 1 and 2 co-op on serious difficulty are about as much fun as one could possibly have with a shooter
>>
>>330534048
>port Serious Sam to anything
>die on anything higher than Easy because there's no mouse
>>
gee, i just want some new campaigns or levels at least
>>
>>330534983
Gamepads have two sticks, one of them acts as a mouse, right?
I havent actually played on a console since the original Playstation, I dont know how they do shooters nowadays.
>>
Maybe someone can show Croteam what good level design is
>>
>>330531823
ue4 runs like fucking ass
xcom2 is an example of this
>>
>>330535336
>one game is an example of an engine being shit

2/10. XCOM2 doesnt even run that bad.
>>
>>330535203
make em yourself bitch. It will hold you over untill Serious Sam 4 comes out.
>>
>>330535336
>>330535529
XCOM 2 also doesn't use UE4. It's still on UE3, albeit a customized version by the devs.
>>
>>330533770
Hmm. That's not the result I have ever gotten. Maybe I should try harder. Last time I tried to widescreen I got some hideous letterboxed shit.
>>
>>330535673
You have to put it in one of the files. The in game widescreen option doesn't work. It tells you how to on the game's PCGamingWiki page.
>>
>>330535271
Analogue sticks are slow and innaccurate. It's literally impossible to achive the same performance with them that you can get with a mouse. And I'm not even gonna start on the limited buttons, cycling through weapons one by one is not a reasonable option. Oops, I started.
>>
File: 1457428263769.jpg (59 KB, 395x401) Image search: [Google]
1457428263769.jpg
59 KB, 395x401
>>330535782
>mfw two large games now have claimed they will put crossplay between console and computer players
>twice now they have discovered that theres literally no way to reasonably balance pc players and console players
>literally just comes down to what side has more pc player, console players virtually irrelevant
>mfw they get quietly announced that the features not going to be made and all reference to it is sweeped under the rug
>>
>>330535782
Is it impossible, as in most people arent as good with the gamepad as they are with a mouse, or is it impossible, as in the level of precision doesnt allow for anyone to ever be as good as with a mouse?
>>
>>330535970
The latter.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.