[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: 1456638039939.gif (3 MB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1456638039939.gif
3 MB, 350x263
I got CS GO cus it looked fun but I can't even enjoy it cus people are always fuckin wrecking me. I have less than two hours into that game. How do I git gud?

>tfw shot while buying because you dont understand anything
>>
Have you ever played Counter-Strike?
>>
>>330529585
no I hae not, besides getting rekt
>>
>>330529612
Just play more. If you can' figure out how to quickbuy train it on bots. Also you need to learn prices for shit but this comes from playing and shit. Don't learn them. If you can't git gud with guns go play some gun game. It's cool for practise cuz you get your aiming better and reaction time.
>>
Play the maps offline so you can memorize how to get around. Otherwise just keep playing.

It might help to just stick behind the more experienced players, so you can see what they do and steal their expensive guns when they die. It will help you save up for something big.
>>
>>330529517
It takes time. One piece of advice is knowing map layout. Knowing how/when/where the enemy will push is half of the battle.
>>
>>330529939
I'll fuggin try man. The game looks really fun.
>>330529973
Making note
>>
>>330529517
aim for the head if you can
fire short burst, you go full auto only to spray close range
stop moving when you shoot, duck for more accuracy
Don't run ala CoD follow your teammates and cover them if possible
Try to get a feeling for how the gun work
>>
>>330529517
You'll only get "good" at the game after spending hundreds of hours at it. Once you get good the entire game opens up and reveals a huge amount of depth, but getting there takes dedication.

If you're a total beginner just play the demolition, deathmatch and casual servers. You'll pick up the game after awhile. Demolition is pretty good for learning the basic gist of the game without any of the economy stuff. Also, the rounds go quick.

In order to improve your shooting and spray, you just need to pay attention to it. When you start shooting, after about 5 bullets you need to angle your crosshair down, 5 more bullets then you angle left. Down and to the left. Practice that movement while shooting. You'll start to get it after a while. You just have to the motion a million times until it becomes second nature, then you'll improve.

Also don't move and shoot.
>>
>>330530018
If you want we can play sometimes. Im not being negativ if someone is shitty, it's first step to git gud
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Lamowaty
>>
>>330529517
Dont move and shoot
Aim for the head
Learn spray patterns
>>
>>330531132
Also try these
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=379868494
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=243702660
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=419404847
>>
By "don't move and shoot" they mean to quickly alternate between strafing or moving for like a split second and then doing a 2 or 3 round burst, but not pulling the trigger until the moment after you lift off of wasd. move an inch, burst, move an inch, burst

Learning spray patterns is important because spraying is effective at short or sometimes medium range if you know how to control it. I was a beast at spraying with AK back in 1.6.

It's the kind of game you play for years and keep getting better at until you hit your personal skill ceiling.
>>
>>330529517
>that smoke getting in his eye
>>
Honestly you're gonna be shit for a couple hundred hours. That's just the way it is. Try to have fun in the mean time.
>>
>>330529517

This may sound terrible, but try playing on (the map) Dust 2 only for a while. The faster you can learn a map well, the more attention you can pay to other things, like weapon recoil, communication, etc.

Also, no shame in playing TDM, arms race, or casual at first just to get the basics down.
>>
Skill=play time for the most part, just play more. Also practice on bots at first.
>>
>>330532229
this,
TDM was super helpful for me when I started.
>>
>>330529517
If you're THAT bad, play with bots only for a while until you can wreck their shit.

Almost all weapons are good for at least something, but the ones you will see the most are

- p2000, usp and glock (starting pistols, obviously)
- m4a4, m4a1-s, ak47 (assault rifles)
- AWP (sniper rifle)

and those are the ones you want to use.

Buy armor. Helmet is very good to have on T side, this way no standard CT assault rifle will kill you in 1 bullet to the head.

DO NOT worry about grenades for now. Don't try to use them seriously, just throw a smoke or an explosive grenade every now and then against bots, to get used to their physics.
>>
>>330532647
All of this but he forgot to mention night-vision goggles are very useful
>>
Oh I forgot to say don't play Casual to start out. Every other mode is better to start out with.
>>
>>330533273
i played 600 or so hours in casual. first time. i think you get a better idea of dont die in casual. because youre gonna have to wait to play again. so i figure there is something good in that in a way.
>>
>>330533467
>600 hours in casual
Why would you torture yourself like this
>>
File: 1415447806899.gif (3 MB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1415447806899.gif
3 MB, 240x180
>>330532036
what bothers me more is he's smoking indoors, like yeah if it's his place n all it's his choice, but a lot of people complain about that should he have guest, and then there's the whole second hand smoke ordeal

.>tfw when corneal ulcer
>>
File: 1456370061216.gif (794 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1456370061216.gif
794 KB, 500x281
anyways here's my take of it as a .1% CSS player

>don't move while shooting
this is mostly valid advice, CSGO neutered a lot of movement shooting from 1.6 and source, additionally if you're moving while shooting you need to pace shots, and properly stutter step (move one way then as you go to shoot, tap the other direction in the same instance you click the mouse, this momentary stop will give you better accuracy then if you had just kept running, but not as accurate as 1+ second standstill, this is a momentum change in csgo.

>don't bother with nades
watch smoke and flash videos for each map you plan to play, at high levels this makes or breaks a round. DO NOT GET INTO A HABIT OF RUNNING AROUND WITH A NADE OUT, if you're not at a nade point, keep a gun in your hand, if you think there may be an enemy nearby, switch to nade, pull pin, switch back to weapon, the pin noise will lure out some of the better hearing players, use that to shoot them. As for flashes, avoid chucking them over a general site, when you flash you want it only to be visible to the enemy at the last second, the more time it's in their FOV, the more time they have to look away.

cont.
>>
File: 1415077471747.jpg (963 KB, 1600x894) Image search: [Google]
1415077471747.jpg
963 KB, 1600x894
>pistol, rifle, awp only
I disagree with this, as a new player, you can get away from the stigma of usual buy guns, eco weapons are a perfectly valid option if you use your head, and they get you a lot more money in the long run, on small maps like inferno, you can get away with only using a nova on CT side, picking up a rifle if you have to rotate B. Naturally you'll have to play with nades to get an edge on a retake, true skill comes from mastery of any weapon and playing it to it's advantages.

>rushing
if your team decides to rush, commit to it, run in even if you know you're going to die, pussying out at the last second and trying to save a weapon NEVER WORKS, EVER. Even if you do save a weapon, the rest of your team probably won't have the money to buy next round, so now you only have one guy with a gun, and your team is salty as shit against you.

>practice
as someone just starting, definitely dump a lot of time into gun game, this will pit you through nearly all the guns in the game and you want to master all of them. Another thing I suggest is recoil master, it's a workshop map that puts you in a room to practice spraying - do this until you don't think about it, my mac10 spray is 80% hit, 40% hs

cont.
>>
File: 1454777192486.gif (906 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1454777192486.gif
906 KB, 500x349
>playing as T
first and foremost: PLANT OPEN, planting behind cover offers CT's the same cover you used to plant, to defuse it. Planting it in the open puts pressure on them to clear site, and the chances they can successfully smoke and defuse (ninja) drop rapidly. Once the bomb goes down stay near site; generally speaking if there's less than 3 CT's left, they will try to save, only 2 people should exit site to hunt, and the planter should always watch the bomb until 10 second timer, the other 2 will offer support on or near site. Additionally, once the bomb is down - HIDE, the win is now yours unless you give it to them, let them scramble in and try to find your team, peek out when a CT is near a friendly to deter them, focus more on staying alive and keeping your friends alive then getting kills.

playing as CT
THE WIN IS YOURS UNLESS THE BOMB IS DOWN, getting kills should not be your primary focus, instead stall rushes with the use of smokes and prefires into choke points, if the T's push, fall back to site, focus mainly on staying alive, hide if you must. Announce to your team there is a push to your site, and how many: match their numbers in rotation. DO NOT ROTATE the entire CT team unless the entire T team is present to a site.

this is most of what I can be assed to explain, feel free to hit me with more questions
>>
>>330536089
i stopped reading when you said people could hear the pin pulled on a nade.
>>
File: 1455719356953.jpg (69 KB, 775x837) Image search: [Google]
1455719356953.jpg
69 KB, 775x837
>>330536167
is it not? I never bothered to look into it, but plenty of times people told me they heard the pin noise, in retrospect it was probably cover for walling.
>>
>>330529517
Uninstall and play a better game, CS is cancer
>>
>>330536283
I'm sure you can't hear pin pull. You can hear weapon and nade pickups though.
>>
File: 1454644472243.jpg (27 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1454644472243.jpg
27 KB, 250x250
>>330537181
even then my advice still stands as deterrent to wallers, I've had a dozen encounters on memory where people pushed me the exact moment I went to pull a nade, and their excuse was 'lol I heard the pin noise' even though I made no noise approaching. Meta behavior like this is something I've developed from playing against cheaters for so long, some blatant, some clever.
>>
>>330529517
When the bomb is planted, don't fuck off to 1v1 the CTs.

So annoying
>>
>>330529939
>CS
>aim
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.