[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: a.png (172 KB, 425x529) Image search: [Google]
a.png
172 KB, 425x529
>>
>>330522230
why does he ask you "why" when you kill him?
>>
File: doomguy.gif (415 KB, 488x519) Image search: [Google]
doomguy.gif
415 KB, 488x519
>>330522230
FUCKING
>>
>>330522230
>tfw you enter a room full of these fuckers and agitated skeletons
>>
PROMOTIONS
>>
File: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg (449 KB, 1024x445) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.jpg
449 KB, 1024x445
>>330522230
>>330522295
>>
what if doom is really a commentary on the state of the video game industry

and every sequel deepens the message
>>
>Hide behind 2 inch pillar

Wow that was hard
>>
>>330522230
*hides behind a pillar*
I sure hope there isn't a 2nd Archvile about to flank me!
>>
What would the world be like if DOOM was never made?
>>
>>330522291
Because he's doing nothing but healing
>>
>>330523145
we'd just have carmageddon and cyberia

and no real useful scapegoat for the media
>>
>>330523145
Let's assume that it's because something happened to Carmack. Because he's really the bottleneck.
>>
>>330525524
Because there were like 4 other people who wanted to make DOOM, and the bottleneck was the technical details.

First, no DOOM. Obviously.

Possibly also no Quake, possibly delayed Quake.

These form the foundation of the big rise of the FPS and the multiplayer FPS.

Apogee and Epic Megagames are largely unaffected. Duke 3D becomes the start of the FPS, is later joined by Unreal.
Half Life presumably comes out slightly later (on a different engine), but comes out nonetheless. Counter-Strike is inevitable.
The lack of Quake 3 Arena will LIKELY force an Arena shooter from some other company, to compete with Unreal Tournament. It won't be Half Life Deathmatch. My money's honestly on Apogee/3D Realms forcing through the Apogee vs. Epic fight for another 5 years.

The Xbox arrives as normal, perhaps slightly earlier as the delay of the FPS revolution puts more of the FPS revolution in Windows OSes.
Halo occurs as normal.

Steam is forced through by Valve for a later counter-strike, and for Half Life 2. Exact timing unsure, could be anywhere from 2003 to 2006. 2k sucks Steam's dick, everyone else joins in.
PC gaming largely restored.

Only long term effect? Apogee alive and with more money. Duke Nukem Forever likely does not suck. Probable Commander Keen 7-9.
>>
>>330526218

No Duke 3d. Doom's on the build engine and duke 3d came off of that. No duke 3d, no blood, no shadow warrior...god, miserable.
>>
>>330526397
>Doom's on the build engine
No, it is absolutley not.

Duke3D would be a Wolfenstien clone in something like the ROTT engine.
>>
>>330526218
Gold src engine came from quake. So half life is no guarantee.
>>
>>330522230
the healer stalks...

it all makes sense now!
>>
>>330526397
>Doom's on the build engine
Sheesh how wrong can one anon be
>>
>>330523184
Makes sense that a demon healer isn't informed about human healing.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.