[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They used to have hot games but nowdays they are stuck with washed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: xbox-one.png (131 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one.png
131 KB, 620x348
They used to have hot games but nowdays they are stuck with washed up franchises.

Is it just me or the industry is stagnating atm. Where are all the exciting new games that people actually want to play?

inb4 Sony blahh

Sony as a company is in the shitter they can't afford to invest in big crazy games.

To me this console generation feels like an extention of the last gen nothing really exciting is going on.
>>
>Sony as a company is in the shitter they can't afford to invest in big crazy games.

They did with horizon zero dawn
>>
>>330515530
>Where are all the exciting new games that people actually want to play?

They're all indie games. Indie games or foreign games like Witcher III or Bloodborne.
>>
>>330516140
isn't that by the studio that made killzone?

No thanks.

That's not what I had in mind when I said big crazy games.
>>
Here's another question

Is the industry stagnating because the Sony Playstation 4 is leading the sales?

I ask this because last generation when Xbox 360 was leading things were actually happening.
>>
File: microsoft-xbox-360-2w7.jpg (212 KB, 936x1432) Image search: [Google]
microsoft-xbox-360-2w7.jpg
212 KB, 936x1432
bump
>>
I've been playing a lot of bf4 lately
Also if you get high and play forza horizon 2 that's pretty dope
>>
File: xbots roll out.png (1 MB, 756x3535) Image search: [Google]
xbots roll out.png
1 MB, 756x3535
>>330515530
>>
>>330516904
How young are you to think this could be true?
>>
File: xbox.jpg (124 KB, 882x900) Image search: [Google]
xbox.jpg
124 KB, 882x900
>>
>>330517161
I prefer Forza 6

FH2 is running at 30fps
I just can't stand racing games at that framerate
>>
What was the last really revolutionary game?
>>
>>330515530
>To me this console generation feels like an extention of the last gen nothing really exciting is going on
Eeyup. I still think they released this gen 2 years too early
>>
>>330517374
I honestly cat tell the diff between 30 and 60, maybe I've never actually played on 60fps
>>
>>330515530
This console generation reeks of incomplete software to me. Whether it's the new consoles literally lacking in basic features from their release to now to games being released broken, buggy, and unbalanced. Or hell, having release dates that seemingly get pushed back every 3 months.

Why am I still here.
>>
>>330517435
>It's been 3 years and there hasn't been one significant or groundbreaking game
Damn, how time flies.
>>
File: 30fpsvs60fps.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
30fpsvs60fps.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>330517591
Probably because you're used to playing at 30. But once you get used to 60 and try to switch back it's REALLY noticeable
>>
>>330515530
>Is it just me or the industry is stagnating atm. Where are all the exciting new games
>I refuse to get a sony console
>BOO HOO Gaming On xbox IS DEAD!!!!
>>
>>330516140
>>330516463

OP actually meant big crazy games like
Halo, halo, gears 2hrs of gameplay war and most importantly he meant Halo.
>>
>>330517854
Sony doesn't have any games either, bud
>>
>>330517645
Lair ended up being ass, but at least they were promising something about video games. Kameo also was just mediocre. Everything feels less ambitious now, maybe because of the whole "living room domination"-thing

Feels like the jump to this gen wasn't as huge as the 7th gen
>>
>>330517591
It's very noticeable not just in how fast the game runs but in the input delay you can fell it especially in a racing game
>>
File: 33333.jpg (27 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
33333.jpg
27 KB, 640x360
E3 is still so far away...
>>
>>330518014
Nahh we got the one game, Xbone has the one racing game, nothing else has really been incredibly groundbreaking, since it's been PS4 early remasters, Xbone later does remasters, both do sequals, games are all multiplats, the newest games don't take off due to design faults... looking at you Titanfall, seriously whose idea was it to have no selectable servers, that's called fucking a franchises ass till it bleeds raw and dies from hemorrhaging.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.