[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BC > Vanilla >>>> Cata pre 4.1 > Wrath >
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: PVM8UCFWA1NQ1321645189693.jpg (165 KB, 622x240) Image search: [Google]
PVM8UCFWA1NQ1321645189693.jpg
165 KB, 622x240
BC > Vanilla >>>> Cata pre 4.1 > Wrath > Cata post 4.1 >>>> Warlords > Pandaland

Wrathbabbies can preeminently fuck off
>>
>>330514313
MoP was better than both cata and wrath
>>
>Vanilla >>>> Cata pre 4.1 > Wrath
>Warlords > Pandaland
Opinion immediately invalidated. Nice try though.
>>
>>330514567
Back to /wowg/ furfag
>>
>>330514567

No it wasn't
>>
>>330514313
>World:
Vanilla > Wrath > TBC
>Items:
Vanilla > TBC > Wrath
>Class abilities:
TBC > Wrath > Vanilla
>Dungeons:
Vanilla > TBC > Wrath

Overall winner - Vanilla
>>
>this thread again
>by the same guy who calls everyone wrathbabies

thanks doc, i was getting worried i'd miss my dose today
>>
>>330514567
i also think it was really good besides the content drought at the end.
>>
>>330514995

This is the first time i have ever made a world of warcraft thread.
>>
File: 1457234318329.png (576 KB, 605x453) Image search: [Google]
1457234318329.png
576 KB, 605x453
>>330514782
>Vanilla dungeons > Wrath dungeons
>TBC rainbow shit > Wrath items
>>
File: vanilla.jpg (214 KB, 1319x512) Image search: [Google]
vanilla.jpg
214 KB, 1319x512
>>330514313
>TBCbabbies mad that people like other expansions more than TBC

fuck off, and take your flying mounts, resilience and lore rape with you
>>
>>330515376
wow, those loading screens take me back somewhere much more innocent anon.
>>
Anyone else sick of the meme that WoD leveling is the 'best it's ever been'? Just because it's fast and had some cutscenes doesn't make it good. I feel no desire to do 90-100 ever again.
>>
>>330515376

I'm actually a vanilla baby.

I'm actually a BETA vanilla baby, senpai.
>>
>>330515519
It's great, but only the first time through.

Also, daily reminder this song is the only other good thing to come out of WoD:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsXlqne2L2k
>>
The only thing Warlords did better than MoP was squander potential.
>>
>>330515335
>wrath dungeons
Boy, I sure do love mindless AoE grinding!
>tbc items
They hadn't yet managed to ruin every single piece of gear that wasn't just a boring stat stick like every other item.
>>
As someone who played since vanilla I enjoyed Wrath the most.
>best story
>best zones
>best raids, Ulduar was 10/10, ICC was badass, ToTGC was fun and shook things up
>always had stuff to do that didn't feel monotonous
>golden era for alts
>hardmodes
>the 5 mans were all excellent
>pvp was pretty great

Cata was garbage and so was MoP and WoD. BC had alot of fun stuff but it was pretty primitive and the zones were dull.
>>
File: 1442630024064.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1442630024064.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>330515986

>the 5 mans were all excellent
>>
Cata had the best heroic dungeons until the nerf
>>
>>330515883
>Boy, I sure do love mindless AoE grinding!
TBC dungeons had no mechanics, they literally were just ALL tank and spanks. Trash was all AoE, and while Wrath had quite a bit of it too, at least it diversified it sometimes with events or abilities.
>They hadn't yet managed to ruin every single piece of gear that wasn't just a boring stat stick like every other item.
And they didn't end up doing that till Cata.
>>
>>330514313
>Le MoP was bad meme xD
When will this end?
>>
Early Wrath was a blast and it was a very different expansion before 3.2 where everything starting going downhill with shit like gearscore and LFD. It had it's flaws, mainly Naxxramas, but overall I loved it just as much as BC.
>>
>>330516030
>he only played 3.3
>>
>>330516137
They started in TBC, or before, with the % to rating conversion.
>>
>>330516405
Because 22.0769 crit makes more sense than 1% chance to crit.
>>
>>330516195
as someone who didn't play vanilla, i absolutely loved Naxx. i can see how it could get stale for older players though, seeing as they practically copy-pasted it.

>>330516030
all of the 5 mans were well made and had interesting bosses and mechanics. the only reason they sucked was the ZERG mentality that popped up due to poor damage balancing and the introduction of LFD.
>>
>>330516673
No, because things like HoJ existed, and items weren't all interchangeable. Even items with normal stats on them you had an actual item as a goal, not just a fucking itemlevel. Everyone knew the lionheart helm and such, items actually had some character.
>>
>>330516867
>as someone who didn't play vanilla, i absolutely loved Naxx. i can see how it could get stale for older players though, seeing as they practically copy-pasted it.

like 1-2% of the vanilla player base experience old naxx. the number of people who were running naxx 2.0 that had actually cleared old naxx would have been even lower
>>
>>330517235
Items weren't interchangeable, barring badges which actually were fucking stupid. But even then people prioritized drops over badge gear.
>>
I used to hate the idea of character boosting and paying to skip content but now I want to do it. I still have the free level 90 boost, should I do it?
>>
>>330517426
might as well. The leveling experience is shit these days
>>
>>330514313

>WoD higher than anything

What are you doing?
>>
>>330514567
>>330514718
>>330514743
>>330516174

I have never seen more an emotional response than the one to MoP. People were so upset about the setting they couldn't see that it was objectively one of the best expansions.
>>
>>330517907
I was somewhat guilty of that. Between CHINA and the huge daily grind once you hit cap, I decided I'd had enough and quit. I somewhat regret that, because apparently it turned into a good expansion.
>>
>>330515376
They didn't have any art of Gnomes laying around did they? So they just used an in game model.
>>
>>330514313
>BC at the top

How to tell when someone is a shitter
>>
>>330517907
I would argue it was the best expansion of them all.

It won in raids, hands down. The next closest was ulduar, but wrath was ruined by naxx.0 and ToC.

It absolutely won for casuals with the massive amount of non-raid stuff you could do, almost all of which was gutted/dropped in WoD.

PvP was actually balanced, and they made world PvP a thing again.

MoP was not just good, it was amazingly good. I would also argue the content drought was entirely due to the WoD team being absolute shit and having to push back release while simultaneously cutting all their grandiose plans due to incompetence(as they said, they hired a whole new team). The MoP team delivered on everything.
>>
>>330519468
Fuck you naxx was fun when it first came out, but
ToC was shit
>>
Blizzard still exists? I thought Bethesda took in all the psuedo RPG nerd gamers.
>>
BC > Vanilla > Wrath > Cata pre 4.1 > who the fuck cares about the rest
>>
>>330514313
>>330522207

What did 4.1 do?
>>
File: 1450406241077.png (866 KB, 623x674) Image search: [Google]
1450406241077.png
866 KB, 623x674
Wrath>bc>Vanilla

Anything else is shit
If anyone thinks MoP is good are furfags.
>>
Vanilla was pretty shit, take those goggles off m8
>>
>>330521302
Naxx was so easy that it literally killed guilds. I personally lost several great raiders simply because they were too bored to give a shit, and I didn't blame them. It created the situation I've had to suffer through ever since where people expect phat epix to just fall in their lap for showing up to raid, because that's literally what happened back then. You could drag ANYONE through Naxx and it wouldn't matter, you could rollface run it with half a raid and it wouldn't matter, there was even an achievement specifically for running it with fewer than the maximum number of players. Compare this to ANY raid in TBC, and there was no comparison. Wrath Naxx was an abomination and a mistake, 100%.
>>
Wrath > Early Cata > BC > MoP > WoD > Late Cata > Vanilla

If you don't agree then you're a classist faggot and can fuck right off.
>>
>>330523058
This. Wrath is best hands down.
Every class was unique and all classes weren't given a heal/stun/stun escape spell. Each class had their own thing. Cata was fun and good but it practically eliminated professions especially fishing, bandaging and cooking.
Cata also fucked up big time in pvp. Droods and hunters and DKs were 90% of the population.

Wrath had best pvp because all spells worked and my pally "fear undead" spell ACTUALLY would fear undead players and Lay on Hands was usable.

Good times
>>
>>330514782
>World:
Vanilla > WoD > MoP > Wrath > Cata > TBC
>Items:
WoD > MoP > TBC > Vanilla > Wrath > Cata
>Class Abilities:
MoP > Wrath > WoD >>>>>>>>>>>>> Cata > TBC > Vanilla
>Dungeons:
MoP > Cata > WoD > Wrath > Vanilla > TBC
>Raids:
MoP >>> WoD >>>>>>>>> Wrath >>>>>>>>>>> TBC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Vanilla
>>
I reached 100 recently, a month ago, and I already don't know what to do, which is weird because there is a lot I could do.

Yeah, I should work on the legendary ring but it seems so long and boring for no reason: instead of making me grind for weeks to get 125 stones, make me defeat highmaul normal/heroic, force me to leave lfr.
I should find a guild to beat Archimonde normal/heroic/mythic but why, I already beat him.
Collecting pet and mounts is a fun idea but then I would have to train my minipet, fuck that.

I think the only thing that interest me is farming mounts and titles, but mounts have zero effort put in them by Blizzard so it doesn't really make me want to play.

I play because I have already invested time into this but I have nothing to look forward, only the mount from Archimonde which I should get but I don't even care.
>>
>>330525018
The only reason why I play the game is to raid and if you have no interest in doing mythic then I'd honestly suggest you delete the game and never come back because blizzard are only catering to hardcore players and if you aren't interested in the challenge then you are an after thought.
>>
>>330514718
>>330514743
MoP was amazing after 5.1
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.