[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just Bought ESO Imperial Edition!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: elder-scrolls-online.jpg (2 MB, 2120x1192) Image search: [Google]
elder-scrolls-online.jpg
2 MB, 2120x1192
What do you think of the game?

I was hesitant to buy it at first, but I need a new game I can sink hour into.

Bought it from steam for £32.99
>>
File: c65.jpg (39 KB, 600x759) Image search: [Google]
c65.jpg
39 KB, 600x759
>>330495425
>£32,99
>>
>>330495425
Whelp....it's your money to waste, OP.
>>
>>330495425
Let me know how you like it, OP. Thinking about it myself.
>>
It's a pretty weak MMO and an even weaker Elder Scrolls game. If you are expecting Skyrim with friends you're gonna be extremely disappointed.
>>
>>330495425
Hope you enjoy shit I guess
>>
>>330495425
It gets a lot of shit, but I actually enjoy it.
I'm not gonna herald it as the best and greatest mmo or anything like that, but its pretty good.
Lots of stuff to craft as well s different styles to craft and it can make you some of the top tier items in the game, pvp is fuck huge and cool, and although there is only 4 classes you can play them how you like, for example the nightblade would probably more traditionally viewed as something like a rogue, but I play mine as a magicka caster who is sorta like a bloodmage I guess? most of my spell do things like damaging the enemy while healing my, or debuffing their speed and buffing my own.

Although the 4 classes can be played in different ways I wish they would add some new ones as well as new weapon weapon sets.
>>
>>330495425
>DLC rundown

Prioritize your faction/main quests first. Sprinkle in some orcinium when you get to level 25+. If you decide to get the thieves guild DLC sprinkle in some of that too -- those two have dailies which reward gear scaled to your level ( orcinium and thieves guild zones scale you to the second to last max level). Only purchase the imperial city DLC if you're a PvP person. You can make a lot of gold in IC, but it's a risk-reward zone. Basically all the mobs in IC can drop a trophy, upon reaching X amount you can open a trophy vault with set gear. 98% of the gear is trash, with a few exceptions. You also gain an alternative currency by simply killing mobs, if someone kills you (another player) they take the majority of said currency.

You can grind, but I wouldn't recommend it because each character has 3 class specific skill lines and a host of weapon skills/race passives/5+ crafting passive/ [mages/fighters/undaunted/thieves guild skills]/ and more. All of which require skill points. This is why I said do the DLC after lv 25+ . you can go at level 1 but you're new.
>>
>>330498850
I saved the dlc till I was done with the main story.
The main story easily got me to Vet1 and now doing the DLC stuff seems to be a good way of getting experience for my vet levels.
>>
>>330497469
This
I got it despite hearing from almost everybody that it's bad. I've dropped quite a few hours into and don't regret purchasing it in the least. It's a little slow to start but after an hour or so it really opens up
>>
>>330499210
Whats your main?
My main is my nightblade caster but I'm also working on a dragonknight caster as well.
I've also got a templar but I am less interested in them.
>>
>>330495425
The prices and content of the Crown Store is an absolute scam. Yet esofags defend it when they literally price things so you can only download one thing, then have to purchase more crowns for another.
>>
>>330495425
At least you can be a stealth assassin.
>>
>>330499425
dual wielding/medium armor sorc
also bow using dragon knight
>>
>>330500217
I've never used the crownstore so I don't know how that goes.
I don't need a flaming horse.
>>
>>330495425
After watching my dad play the shit out of this game, I have learned one thing.
This has by far the best quest and story writing in any game Bethesda has touched in a decade. No fucking contest.
It's not a masterpiece by any measure, but some times it almost comes close to even being pretty good. Just let Zenimax handle all your IPs, Todd.
>>
It's good if you play it as a single player game, it has a shitload of content included in the base game.

But the game basically wants you to clear the game 3 times, or at least once for every faction, this takes a fucklong time by today's standards, and even after that you still need to grind bunch of veteran ranks.

The end game is pretty meh, pvp is just a massive lagfest since cyrodil is poorly coded.

Crafting is retarded, it takes you 1 month of not doing anything to learn how to craft 1 armor slot of armor of the highest quality, so like if you want to someday know how to craft an set of armor, it would take you like a whole year per armor type.

Want to run fast on your horse? sprint? and carry more shit? ok login everyday and train it for 180 days.... or buy this amazing cash shop packs with 10 training scrolls to skip 10 days of that training for the small price of 9.99!!!

I had fun, but it was so many issues, and the devs are only focusing on releasing more DLC with uber gear so you are forced to sub or buy the latest DLC.
>>
File: 1359284873810.jpg (1 MB, 2500x2000) Image search: [Google]
1359284873810.jpg
1 MB, 2500x2000
>>330495425
It's fine if you know nothing about TES lore outside of skyrim
>>
>>330501230
Last time I played the leveling was pretty slow. I wish they would add some sort of smaller pvp; I got around 20fps in big battles
>>
>33 quid
>on TESO
o i am laffin
>>
>>330501567

I got this shit for free from an overhyped friend and still feel ripped off tbqh
>>
>>330495425
Why are you pretending to be British Todd?
>>
Mmos are just so fucking boring
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 1280x1296) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 1280x1296
>>330502101
Bethesda had nothing to do with ESO
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.